Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Pulled pork tacos with Alabama white sauce 
    Looks awesome brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,221
    Options
    I was going to be lazy this evening after slinging grub all weekend but I saw @SciAggie’s thread. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I was going to be lazy this evening after slinging grub all weekend but I saw @SciAggie’s thread. 

You lazy basterd.  When is dinner?????
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,221
    Options
    bgebrent said:

About 30 mins. 
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    @Jeremiah that's pretty slick! Is the Jeep fairly stock? 

I have a few buddies who run similar pull systems to store canoes/kayaks in the winter. Works really well.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

About 30 mins. 
    Lousy lead time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @FrostyEgg full
    disclosure the Jeep is the wife’s. I wouldn’t have it. So far we’ve done a leveling kit, wheel
    spacers and slightly bigger tires. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Wangs in the large egg 

Enjoying my view with a beer 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bgebrent
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @FrostyEgg full
    disclosure the Jeep is the wife’s. I wouldn’t have it. So far we’ve done a leveling kit, wheel
    What's your tool organization system?  And where is the Moss beer cooler? ;)
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Here they are 1.5 hrs in. Skin is crispy! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @bgebrent tools are still boxed, Moss beer stock is currently depleted from the weekend. Both issues will be remedied very soon. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Watching FSU vs VT.   got no dog in this fight just watching .  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Cannelloni with a Italian sausage, spinach, and ricotta stuffing. Topped with a homemade tomato basil pasta sauce and fresh parm. 

Jeremiah said:
    @FrostyEgg full
    Hate you.  Looks amazing.  Beautiful brother.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Chillin' watching the smoke roll and enjoying the evening. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Legume said:

Well, these didn’t suck. Nice finish to the long weekend.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well I’m sure I am gonna get grief for a few years from @Jeremiah for missing his wing ding but we had a blast at my SILs wedding (well, reception) last night. 

My little flower girl was a hot mess. She straight up stole the first piece of cake while they were trying to feed it to each other. Glow sticks, headphones, sunglasses and all. 

My little pitmaster was not as amused. 

Today has been nothing but naps, ice, Advil, electrolytes, Mexican food, and a vodka and soda just to get back to zero. 
    You sir....are living right!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Chillin' watching the smoke roll and enjoying the evening. 
    I've told Ms. Bucky more times than I can remember, when I finially succumbs  to dimensional  please place my egg outside the french doors of our bed room and load it with smoking wood. I will be a happy camper watching the smoke. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well I’m sure I am gonna get grief for a few years from @Jeremiah for missing his wing ding but we had a blast at my SILs wedding (well, reception) last night. 

My little flower girl was a hot mess. She straight up stole the first piece of cake while they were trying to feed it to each other. Glow sticks, headphones, sunglasses and all. 

My little pitmaster was not as amused. 

Today has been nothing but naps, ice, Advil, electrolytes, Mexican food, and a vodka and soda just to get back to zero. 
    You would’ve just been licking your wounds from losing. Probably a better choice. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Rick Pitino's new book "My Story" hits the bookstores tomorrow. Anybody heading over to Joseph Beth, first thing in the morning to get one?
    Me neither.
    If I did, I would be sober and still puke, on a Tuesday.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Watching Nazi conspiracy theories....pretty crazy what they were managed to accomplish...in a scary way
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Watching Nazi conspiracy theories....pretty crazy what they were managed to accomplish...in a scary way
    Propaganda is scary stuff. This is worth the $4 iTunes rental:
    https://www.activemeasures.com/

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    DMW said:
    OK, this isn't happening now, but it happened this afternoon, err, it's past midnight, this happened yesterday afternoon. On the way home from lunch with the family at https://www.septemberfarmcheese.com/ (P.S. they have really good hoagies), we saw this a few houses down from ours.

So, of course, I enlisted the assistance of my offspring and we brought it home. It's a bit dusty and the included owner's manual is dated 1999, but can't really beat the price. I need to clean it up and probably calibrate it. Looking forward to some clear autumn evenings to see what's up there.
    Nice find.  I have a hobby-grade Celestron that I bought about 1999, was great for camping in the Southern California mountains and desert and I still break it out now and then in Texas.  Lots of fun and between that and a good pair of binoculars you can see tons of interesting stuff.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @DoubleEgger looks like your weekend rocked.  Stellar cooks, my friend
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    was just told i could leave the building, escaped bad guy holed up in the house next door was taken away. now to go vote on an empty teabagger ballot form =) lots of write-ins this time around on the mass primary, just about nobodys running on the right this year
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    My job was eliminated a month ago so I've had plenty of time to goof around.  Today scored a Food Saver in good condition and two knives, a Cuisinart and a Hen and Rooster.  Both lower end of quality but the total for food saver and two knives was $9.00.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.