Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit keep your weapon pointed up and Dow range. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    parts...you can't beat rockauto.com
    Options
    @nolaegghead how do you deal with core charges
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Never had to deal with one mail order.   Obv, shipping changes the dynamic, but you can always weigh the net cost with local suppliers.
    Options
    my usual "welcome home" greeting
    Options
    got me a new knife....whoop whoop!
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Now that’s funny. 
    That’s a mile from the office. Saw it today. 
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,055
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thinking about shaving and eating oysters.  
    Not at the same time I hope.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    That's pretty. Which blade is that? I've constructed knives on their site but never pulled the trigger.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
    Picked up this bag of Weekend Warrior half off last Black Friday. We shall see... 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    dharley said:
    That's pretty. Which blade is that? I've constructed knives on their site but never pulled the trigger.
    535.... very light 2oz.  CPM S30V.  Not very expensive for a Benchmade.  I think around 114 on Amazon.  great edc
    Options
    dharley said:
    535.... very light 2oz.  CPM S30V.  Not very expensive for a Benchmade.  I think around 114 on Amazon.  great etc
    This group has cost me more money than my ex-wife.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    SGH said:
    There is nothing like a great shave while eating oysters.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    There is nothing like a great shave while eating oysters.  
    That's exactly what my nana used to say.
    Options
    @DoubleEgger - dang- missed that.  I know you are well aware of their quality control issues of a few years ago but all reports indicate they are well beyond that.  I used it all the time (could buy locally) til the hic-cup and timing is everything.  Rockwood to the rescue-haven't looked back.  Let us know how it burns. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DoubleEgger - dang- missed that.  I know you are well aware of their quality control issues of a few years ago but all reports indicate they are well beyond that.  I used it all the time (could buy locally) til the hic-cup and timing is everything.  Rockwood to the rescue-haven't looked back.  Let us know how it burns. 

It burned ok. It’s not Rockwood that’s for sure. Better than Royal Choke. We’ll see how the rest of the bag goes. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Now that’s funny. 
    Maybe I can’t see it as I’m on an iPhone 7plus or this is way over my head. On the past side of that billboard is there something big green egg? Because all I see is a black background with a white arrow pointing to the corner. It would make more sense if that arrow was pointing towards the bottom left because that’s where the big green egg picture is. Am I way over thinking this??
    It’s pointing to BGE HQ
    that was my assumption with close to zero thought
    Well congrats to you.
    I didn't get it either, but then I've never been to Atlanta. Seems like there's a bit of personal stuff gone on to put up an ad like that.
    Come visit. You have a free place to stay. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    @nolaegghead is that a Serval?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @frazzdaddy Bengal.  he's more dog than cat
    Options

He is spectacular. When I said Serval I actualy ment Savannah. Not the same though, he is all domestic?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I have a problem. I can not turn down good firewood. My wife is so mad at me right now because I already have about 10 chords of wood split, stacked and drying. And it may be more like 12. I am talking full 4x4x8’ cords - not face cords.  Well, Just got back from delimbing a old wild cherry that my coworker had cut down. Some will be chunked for smoking. The rest is firewood. Here is one of what will be two loads  

All except the trunk that is.  I am taking that to the mill.  No freeking clue how to get it there, but I will figure something out. Working up, 38 inch at the base, 32-33”  diameter after that first branch at the lower right and 26” up at the first branch on the left and that section is about 11 feet long between those branches. Total length of what you see: 26 feet according to the tape measure. Some nice straight sections in there. 

Anyone into woodworking want to give me any tips here? I am Interested in making a live edge table, and a coffee table.  Feel free to pm me. There used to be a guy here named @UrbanForestTurnings and thought he might know something but have not seen him post in years maybe?  Do not even know how I remembered his name. Or maybe @Fred19Flintstone?  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,525
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Little victories (battery changes) can turn into big failures...both calipers locked up with the truck going full speed....almost caught fire...more smoke than I've ever seen ....dreading this bill

New disks, pads and fluid are a small bill compared to what could've happened, at full speed; glad you're okay!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    Little victories (battery changes) can turn into big failures...both calipers locked up with the truck going full speed....almost caught fire...more smoke than I've ever seen ....dreading this bill

New disks, pads and fluid are a small bill compared to what could've happened, at full speed; glad you're okay!  
    If the calipers locked up, you will need new calipers, because they were probably the reason they locked up, and if not, the heat would have ruined them anyway (and you still need to find the original problem).
    Options

He is spectacular. When I said Serval I actualy ment Savannah. Not the same though, he is all domestic?
    @frazzdaddy Thanks!  He is domesticated, some what.  Bengals are hybrids between wild Asian Leopard Cats asd domestic Tabby cats.  Takes 4 generationx (F1, F2, F3 and F4) of progressively less wild cats before they are considered domesticated.  That said, he's a handful.
    edited August 2018
    Options

edited August 2018
    Options

Options
    lousubcap said:

It burned ok. It’s not Rockwood that’s for sure. Better than Royal Choke. We’ll see how the rest of the bag goes. 
     You need to age it more.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin