Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1-800-SAVE-JIC

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    canuckland
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    That was awesome.  =))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    After a long time of reading, I figured I would take my chance a posting my thoughts as well... here it goes.

It's very unfortunate that JIC was banned although I am not exactly sure why. Going by the videos, I suppose he rubbed a moderator the wrong way.

However, this site is owned and advertised by BGE and what they say goes. I think one major downfall here (as others have mentioned) is that you do not know 'who' the moderators are. When someone has an issue or questions, they should be able to reach out to someone. Instead, you flip a coin and post anyway not knowing if your post will get removed, stop bumping, or get banned all together without warning.

I hope he gets unbanned but that will mean that the moderator banned when they shouldn't have. So not sure. Either way, for every door that closes, another on is opened. There is another topic at another website about this too.. just saying.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Zarcon said:
    After a long time of reading, I figured I would take my chance a posting my thoughts as well... here it goes.

It's very unfortunate that JIC was banned although I am not exactly sure why. Going by the videos, I suppose he rubbed a moderator the wrong way.

However, this site is owned and advertised by BGE and what they say goes. I think one major downfall here (as others have mentioned) is that you do not know 'who' the moderators are. When someone has an issue or questions, they should be able to reach out to someone. Instead, you flip a coin and post anyway not knowing if your post will get removed, stop bumping, or get banned all together without warning.

I hope he gets unbanned but that will mean that the moderator banned when they shouldn't have. So not sure. Either way, for every door that closes, another on is opened. There is another topic at another website about this too.. just saying.

Was this a marketing post?  Are you hinting to JIC that TheBGEnest.com's door is wide open for him?     >-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    LOL @cazzy. No it wasn't meant to be a marketing post by no means. But hey, I am open for anyone :)
  • Zarcon said:

There actually is a history of people getting a "slap on the wrist" ban for a week or so for using foul language. i don't know anybody who has been permanently banned for a single blow up. The only permanent bans I know of included threats of violence or went way beyond what JIC allegedly did. It has to be pretty bad to get your permanently banned around here. Racist stuff, biggoted stuff, personal stuff and (most of the time) threatening violence etc. he will be back if he wants to be.He can call or email Rob and splain that he won't do it again and he will get back on. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Even being fairly new here, all of the personalities of the people in the video are so strong that I got it all. Incredibly funny JIC via @cazzy simply awesome.
  • cazzy
    edited November 2014
    Zarcon said:

There actually is a history of people getting a "slap on the wrist" ban for a week or so for using foul language. i don't know anybody who has been permanently banned for a single blow up. The only permanent bans I know of included threats of violence or went way beyond what JIC allegedly did. It has to be pretty bad to get your permanently banned around here. Racist stuff, biggoted stuff, personal stuff and (most of the time) threatening violence etc. he will be back if he wants to be.He can call or email Rob and splain that he won't do it again and he will get back on. 

I wonder why @SGH didn't get banned when he threatened me with violence?     :-?   I am convinced that the "I have a knife to give you" was just a ploy to get me to meet him.  After which, he would have definitely stabbed me with said knife.  As my buddy would say, **** yo knife!
  • Ha! I got moderated.

I was saying it's because you didn't Rat him out. Had anyone flagged it and sent it to Rob, that would have been all she wrote for SGH. Then he would have come back as HGS and all would be right with the world again.

That is on par with what rubyrock did and he was gone in seconds. Stike had him so wound up that dude came unglued. Pretty much same deal. 

• It was a huge knife too. And very sharp. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    The beans in chili comment made me spit coffee!!!  Funny stuff.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH really "took care" of those BGE executives at the Exxon BBQ.  Just speculating here, but I can only surmise there's some kind of Illuminati conspiracy with Knights of Templar, secret signs, rings and masons involved.

imageimage  
    The funny thing is that the video would be boring to anyone not on the board. Definitely a "in crowd" type of thing.
  • cazzy said:

That is absolutely the funniest thing I have EVER seen on this forum!

Ever.

For that Masterpiece, I nominate Cazzy as "Poster of the Year"!

Year, month, last coupla hours . . .whatever.

That was good shtuff!

love the new signature line...
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,432
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • I think they stopped bumping this. It's all the way down the first page for me.
  • damnit. It's gone. At least it's not deleted. 
  • I just bookmarked it so I can find it easily. It's too funny to get lost

• cazzy
    edited November 2014

Ha! I got moderated.

I was saying it's because you didn't Rat him out. Had anyone flagged it and sent it to Rob, that would have been all she wrote for SGH. Then he would have come back as HGS and all would be right with the world again.

That is on par with what rubyrock did and he was gone in seconds. Stike had him so wound up that dude came unglued. Pretty much same deal. 

Why wasn't @travisstrick banned for murdering brisket? To top it off, he promoted his killing technique and the serial killing went viral. Boiling someone to death seems pretty violent to me... b-(
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It gets better every time.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Bump..........Test

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,014

I'm late to the party and can't find the video - I just get a blank page.

Are there any options at this point?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Foghorn said:

@Foghorn - working for me 

http://captiongenerator.com/25672/Mickey-Learns-of-the-JIC-Ban-on-the-Eggheadforum

But I hear it's not working on mobile devices or tablets.
    Accept us too. image

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    edited November 2014

Foghorn said:

@Foghorn - working for me 

http://captiongenerator.com/25672/Mickey-Learns-of-the-JIC-Ban-on-the-Eggheadforum

But I hear it's not working on mobile devices or tablets.

Just iOS devices. Android works fine.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    It's working on my iPad. Haven't tried it on the iPhone.

Status- Standing by.