Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo BB Ribs, Ground Onion Sausage and Gumbo.

2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    I will get a better shot of the gumbo when I'm done cooking. I just noticed what you were talking about. That is a poor pic.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @anzyegg‌
    It was beautiful weather when I started and just all off a sudden turned to mess. Caught me off guard.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Adopt me, please!
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    @Wolfpack‌
    I would if I could brother. But I have a house full as is. Having a hard time to get some of them to leave the nest!

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    With cooking like you do I'd live there forever and eat....of course I'd pay room and board (ha)...
  • SGH
    @anzyegg‌
    Show me how to make that pizza and we may can work something out. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Anytime my friend. Enjoy that great cook tonight...
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Please save me a bowl of that gumbo!!
    GWN
  • SGH
    edited June 2014
    Ribs are done . 1 hour and 27 minutes at 430 degrees. I was shooting for 400 but the egg settled at 430 with clean smoke so I let ride.

imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Nanook‌
    You got it my friend!

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Great looking ribs...nicely done as usual...
  • SGH
    Flank steak is on. Stuffed with feta cheese and spinach.

imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Nanook‌
    The bisque was awful. I tried something different and it didn't pan out the way I wanted. I promise you that you don't want a bowl of this. Awful!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Stuffed Flank steak is done.
    imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Nanook
    Bummer! Oh well, that's how we learn.....
    GWN
  • SGH
    @Nanook‌
    Yeah I was a little let down but I had plenty of other food as a back up!

Status- Standing by.

• Nanook
    In that case, I'd like to change my order to flank steak! Lol
    GWN
  • SGH
    @Nanook‌
    You are just a little to late. Ribs and flank steak is gone! Maybe next time my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Nanook
    Next time......
    GWN
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    You are surely a magician. I love looking at your cooks and your attitude is catching. A pleasure - I must be one of your "peeps" too. Carry On and Keep Cooking. ^:)^

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• @SGH how was the ribs I have to ask a man with your experience. Do you prefer turbo to low and slow when you have time to do either.
    Lexington TN
  • SGH
    @MJLivingston‌
    The ribs were fantastic. But to be honest I do prefer my ribs cooked between 225-275 over a large water pan if time permits. It's a totally different texture and feel to the low and slow ribs. I was raised eating them low and slow and that is without question my preference. Hey the turbos are great but just not quite the equal off ones cooked low and slow over smoldering oak embers. Just my thoughts my friend. Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad that you enjoyed my post.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @HDumptyEsq‌
    I truly appreciate the kind words my friend. I'm honored to count you as one of my peeps!

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Everything else looks amazing (still wondering who eats ALL that food!)...but you are NOT off the hook for a gumbo recipe, my southern friend. You have opened the door, and I am waiting. ;)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I give you my word I will send you one that is excellent my friend. And as always I thank you for the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Trust me when I say that I am a man of very large appetite. I can easily eat a rack of ribs on my own.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I will PM you a great seafood gumbo recipe tomorrow. It will take a while to type it up. Remind me if you have to because I am forgetful.

Status- Standing by.

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Looks great. For turbo ribs, i usually just go up to 350 max (on average, usually just 300 or 325) and it usually turns out not much different than the ones done at 250. Never tried it at 430/400 before.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• SGH
    @bbqlearner‌
    I normally run 325-350 degrees for most things being cooked turbo. As of late I have been playing around with running higher and higher temps just to see how it turns out. I have even been toying around with cooking ribs raised direct turbo with pretty good results. I just enjoy trying different methods and cooking techniques.

Status- Standing by.