Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options

Cherry Black Russian 

Options
    COFFEE !!!!
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options

The last of my homemade mead.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

The last of my homemade mead.
    Love the idea of homemade mead! Absolutely love a good melomel. Last time I tried making mead it turned out more like paint thinner or jet fuel. 

Brandon - Ohio

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

That is quite the collection you have accrued. I had some Kentucky Owl while I was down in Chattanooga back in July. I enjoyed it but I don’t think I can talk myself into buying a bottle of it for the $120 price tag it gets in my neck of the woods. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options

That is quite the collection you have accrued. I had some Kentucky Owl while I was down in Chattanooga back in July. I enjoyed it but I don’t think I can talk myself into buying a bottle of it for the $120 price tag it gets in my neck of the woods. 
    I’d pay $120. Cheapest bottle around here is $225
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Thanks. 
     You should buy it all up at 120 and resell it for 320. 😁 maybe a bottle of the “confiscated bourbon” you can get for that $ but not any of the ryes or the very rare batches 9,10 or 11. I’ve become somewhat numb to the sticker shock. 
     Is it worth the price tag? Prolly not, but that’s subjective. I paid retail but retail is quite high on this bottle. I have much more trouble pulling the trigger on the bottles jacked up 2-3 times their actual suggested retail. That said, they can ask whatever they want. If someone wants that bottle enough, they’ll pay up. I have a handful that are pricey due to scarcity ie Blantons gold etc. It’s a hobby and a lifestyle choice. Kids out of school and all. 😜 it’s fun to hold tastings and compare the various bottles and proof points. I’m really a scotch lover. American whiskey is a second choice for me most of the time. Most of my friends however prefer the bourbon and rye stuff. It does make far superior cocktail though IMO. Cheers!🥃
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

There are some bottles of rye a little under 200 at retail. The 10yr and 11yr ryes I think can be got for under 2 but it’s certainly not unheard of for them to be jacked up a bit when supply is low. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options

There it is
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • TechsasJim
    edited October 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

There are some bottles of rye a little under 200 at retail. The 10yr and 11yr ryes I think can be got for under 2 but it’s certainly not unheard of for them to be jacked up a bit when supply is low. 
    Yep my 10yr rye Kentucky Owl batch 4 was $280, that’s Msrp
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Bringing an Old Carter #5 with me on vacation. It might not make it back alive……
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Bringing an Old Carter #5 with me on vacation. It might not make it back alive……
    Never even seen one in my area. Nice!
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    @pgprescott, the whole flight is good. When they were first released, my honey hole had them on the shelf. I bought 2-5’s, 2-6’s, 2-7’s and 2-9’s for cheap. Only one 5 remains, and it’s my absolute favorite. A little on the hot side with the 130+ proof, but damn good
  • pgprescott
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @pgprescott, the whole flight is good. When they were first released, my honey hole had them on the shelf. I bought 2-5’s, 2-6’s, 2-7’s and 2-9’s for cheap. Only one 5 remains, and it’s my absolute favorite. A little on the hot side with the 130+ proof, but damn good
    Yeah, it’s funny how I can find certain battles here easily that others struggle to acquire and then the converse is also true with others. Enjoy. 
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @ColbyLang
    whoa, 134.9 proof...
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    I have a bottle of 1792 Full Proof Single Barrel.   it's 125 but hits a lot hotter than that, like drinking the sun.   Not my go-to at all.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    @ColbyLang
    whoa, 134.9 proof...
    Drinks like a 100 proof, which is why it’s my favorite of the flight. It’s dangerously smooth
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I have a bottle of 1792 Full Proof Single Barrel.   it's 125 but hits a lot hotter than that, like drinking the sun.   Not my go-to at all.
    A little ice or drops of water is your friend in that case. Just proof it down a little. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Was lucky to score a bottle a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for my BIL to get in town to share with him. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    Options
    Was lucky to score a bottle a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for my BIL to get in town to share with him. 

There is a bunch of that in a couple stores I frequent. I resisted last time, maybe I should give in? Enjoy!
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    What I will be drinking tonight.  Go Stros!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    gold rush

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim
    Options
    gold rush

So which whiskey did you use?   
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

Stone IPA at SFO airport, Yankee pier. Back to a little travel. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Guy at the store I was talking to recommended this. Pretty
    good stuff. Anyone tried the smoked Willet? Saw it in stock but is $150
    a bottle so passed.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    gold rush

So which whiskey did you use?   
    Bulleit as well.  I should’ve used the 10, maybe the Sox would’ve won, lol.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Lit said:
    Guy at the store I was talking to recommended this. Pretty
    good stuff. Anyone tried the smoked Willet? Saw it in stock but is $150
    a bottle so passed.
    I think the smokewagon stuff is damn nice. Enjoy!
    That’s an older bottle I think. They ran out of the dark glass bottles and had to use clear glass temporarily. I have one of each. Same great whiskey though. 
    definitely intrigued by the Willett. Not had it yet. 😕 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    +1 on the SmokeWagon, good choice