Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,046
    Options
    Flights at Door County Brewing Co

Nice! Must have drove right by me and didn't stop???? Enjoy the beauty of Door County. 
    Yep, been here all week.  Staying at a really nice house on Clark Lake.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    My happy customer today got better; when I refused to offer a warranty for free work, she went to one of our other shops, complaining.  :o
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    My happy customer today got better; when I refused to offer a warranty for free work, she went to one of our other shops, complaining.  :o
    It's sad how our society has become so detached from simple economic realities. I call it the Walmart mentality. So many have actually done so little for themselves that they have no concept of business. All they know is they can basically get anything they want from the big boxes. The big boxes just shove it down the throats of their vendors. It's almost funny, but sad. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah, the only thing more important than a happy customer, is your bottom line.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Jeremiah, the only thing more important than a happy customer, is your bottom line.
    Maybe he should offer the warranty? $200 sound about right? 
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
     Porkchops and sweet corn for dinner. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @kl8ton haha now that's funny

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,633
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Just finished dinner of some leftovers from last night's dinner with friends. Swear it seems to taste better when warmed up the next night.
    Made a couple racks of ribs extra and gave them to our neighbors. They love the BGE, too.
    Great week this week, great folks. I am a very lucky dude.
    That is all.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Thinking about cooking a butt over night. Need to get off of mine and get prepped. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,046
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Wondering what @nolaegghead is up to...
    Friday night is sheep night in New Orleans, so...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @northGAcock  the above sentence construction could infer that you are departing from your wife.  No further comment here  ;)
    Yeah, I am none for my spellin and sintence struck chure. I am gonna keep her....will work to co wreck my spellin and all.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Gander Mountain are a bunch of crooks. I went in to buy a stuffer from them at their store closing sale. I have a $50 Gander Mountain giftcard and they wouldn't accept it. I'm pretty sure you're still Gander Mountain and my giftcard says Gander Mountain. That's not cool. The younger guy at the counter was babbling out bs that didn't make any sense on why they couldnt. So where did my $50 go? Lame!
    V, my sis gave me a $30 one for Christmas.  I jumped in on the lawsuit to get the money back.  They gave me a slip with the website.  Look into it bud.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Wondering what @nolaegghead is up to...
    Friday night is sheep night in New Orleans, so...
    Cow night actually.   I had to get a ladder.
    Options
    You don't know about stump training?
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options

I had to revisit, brother was getting more mango chile lime dry wing rub for an upcoming campground bbq bash, I got another toothpick....a glutton for punishment.

The fresh WI corn was much better than the hometown corn thus far, direct/indirect until charred, Kerrygold, minimill white pepper, fleur de sel...the board almost wasn't big enough.  

Glampin....

First up, the boys' backstrap.
    Then the big boys'....
    This is why we put in work, freeze our azzes off in the tree, and chase the whitetail. 

You all can have your sh!tty briskets.  I'll take my wet/dry aged PR, and THIS, any Fockin' day. LOL

As stated, pics speak VOLUMES folks, look at that pool.  No Thermapen.  Eat with a fork tender.

Other backstrap, and corn, will be tomorrow, after taking the kids to the Deer petting zoo with over 100 deer. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Gander Mountain are a bunch of crooks. I went in to buy a stuffer from them at their store closing sale. I have a $50 Gander Mountain giftcard and they wouldn't accept it. I'm pretty sure you're still Gander Mountain and my giftcard says Gander Mountain. That's not cool. The younger guy at the counter was babbling out bs that didn't make any sense on why they couldnt. So where did my $50 go? Lame!
    V, my sis gave me a $30 one for Christmas.  I jumped in on the lawsuit to get the money back.  They gave me a slip with the website.  Look into it bud.
    Thanks! @Focker I looked into it earlier today but it looks like I may have missed the deadline. Annoying to say the least 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    Enjoying some time away!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Watching ALF

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,859
    Options
    Watching the Premier League opening weekend.  Waiting for my son to wake up so we can figure out that we're going to cook today.  There's a new meat market near us that is supposed to be good so we'll probably check it out.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Back at the doc ... with an ear infection
  • Focker
    Options
    12 of these on the 17 BS

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    So I think veterinary and doctors offices bring out some of the worst people .. dealt with one personally the other day... I just about lost my temper with him 

today getting my own ailments taken care of... lady across from me has her 2 kids with her.. kid 1 put something in his pocket .. she told the little boy ... "hell naw.. yo daddy gave you that money to give to me for bringing yo arse here..I'm already gons be 5 dolla short... child support don't cover this extra s&/!.."
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    Options
    Running a pint low after the every 8 week contribution to the Red Cross.  LEO with less fuel tonight-count on it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    @lousubcap
    Propulsion systems will be a "go"
    Strap yourself in for about a 4G lift off.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Took our son to college today. He is moved in. Mom and GF, not so happy. I am going to miss him too. He is going to do well. Very proud of our young man.
    You no a mother bird pushes her fledgling out of the nest. It is time. He's a great young man. He had a great upbringing. He will do well. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,225
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Took our son to college today. He is moved in. Mom and GF, not so happy. I am going to miss him too. He is going to do well. Very proud of our young man.
    I take it this isn't the one you were going to lock in the basement a few weeks ago. Lol.