Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    UK is getting their azz whipped. 
    Got.  Bad sign at this point.  Dammit!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    About to start trimming my brisket for tomorrow. Thread and pics to come once it is on the egg.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Looks great! I have been reading about undermount vs. overmount. Why did you choose overmount?
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks much.
    I really liked the edge of this overmount model, and ease of install, cutting a hole and dropping it in with putty and clear silicone II.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @Focker nice upgrade. I really like your choice and the overmount. I have an under mount sink in ours. My neighbor had an underground and his fellow during Thanksgiving. I went back and braced mine after hearing that.
    Looks great, good job.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @Focker nice upgrade. I really like your choice and the overmount. I have an under mount sink in ours. My neighbor had an underground and his fellow during Thanksgiving. I went back and braced mine after hearing that.
    Looks great, good job.
    Thanks for the kind words my friend.  
    Having a sink "fallout" over the holidays is rough.

I had the toilet water line blast me in the face under pressure at 0530 Christmas morning.  It sucked.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    This morning, if anything that could go wrong, IS going wrong.

first time I've noticed smoke leaking from the back of the dome.  Going to need to adjust that later.  got a Stanky piece of uncarbonized wood in my lump go undetected, until i can't get good smoke.

ribs are about to go on for tonight as soon as I get stuff straight.

time to pour the first drink....don't judge me.....and trudge on.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Good luck @johnnyp -  you will get thru this and enjoy the other side of the day.  As had been said many times "You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning."  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Thanks cap.

in other news,  apparently I don't type good when I'm pissed off and fighting with the XL
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Cubed up some previously cooked point and the pork I smoked yesterday for burnt ends.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Cold smoking some sous vide shirt steak and ground chuck for fajitas and tacos for the game. And a trip to the liquor store so I can start drinking.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Looks great, good job.
    This happened today me too. Apparently, it's due to a poorly done install by the builder contractor. Heard a noise and saw this chintzy-looking bracket with glue attached on the floor of the cabinet. Once I looked at the mounting spot, I saw daylight coming through. Contacted a local granite place and they sent a guy out to fix it. Lots of cursing about a piss-poor install later, sink looked better than new. I'll definitely be using that place later when we get new countertops after a kitchen redo.
  • Focker
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The aftermath.

As Negan would say after bashing two heads in with Lucille, "A productive damn day". 

Approaching baseline.  Still some little things like new paper towel holder, EVOO bottle for Dawn.

SB cooking plans have changed.  Opted out of stuffed scoops.  Aged cheesesteaks a la Blackstone are still on.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited February 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Looks great, good job.
    This happened today me too. Apparently, it's due to a poorly done install by the builder contractor. Heard a noise and saw this chintzy-looking bracket with glue attached on the floor of the cabinet. Once I looked at the mounting spot, I saw daylight coming through. Contacted a local granite place and they sent a guy out to fix it. Lots of cursing about a piss-poor install later, sink looked better than new. I'll definitely be using that place later when we get new countertops after a kitchen redo.
    When they installed mine they used and angle jig to screw a wooden support under all 4 corners so it could never fall.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Got this lot ready for later. Boys fed now, apart from the one that has gone out and not turned up for tea. Plenty for sandwiches for tomorrow as well.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Lit That's essentially what they did to mine as a fix. I could stand in the sink and it won't budge.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The two tugs my BIL captained in NOLA. Buried at sea, between the two, flags were at half mast. 6 blasts from the horn followed by both tugboats, signifying "Man Overboard". A wreath was placed at the point of entry. Captain Scott, you will be missed.
    He was operating the fleet, working during Katrina, piloting the floating battering rams.
    That is a proper send off right there. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Still full from the Super Bowl eats. Thanks to you guys' advice, nailed the brisket cook. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @jeffwit - great result right there.  No doubt a banquet.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Lunch at Lewis BBQ in Charleston, SC. This place is indeed legit. Taste like I'm in Austin, TX again.  Prime brisket, potato salad and corn puddin' with green chiles. The tangy sauce is killer too. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @Dyal_SC
    Killer grub, thank you for the heads up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    WIF repairs

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Chakchouka for dinner. Not Egged, I'm afraid, but still eggs.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Huddled up in the safest spot of our home just to be on the safe side. Hasn't been this bad in a long time. Pretty sure one of our vehicles, shed or one of two power poles got hit. Literally over an hour of virtually constant lightning. The wind is horrible too. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Dang. Stay safe Blake 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dang. Stay safe Blake 
    This!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL... hey Blake, stay safe my friend.  We had thunderstorms like that last night ... the security camera captured a couple of shots:

Here's my backyard in the middle of the night:

Here's my backyard a split second later:

That one certainly got my attention ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max