Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you have in your outdoor cooking arsenal??

Options

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I have a XL BGE, a small Kahuna (Bad Egg Knock off), 22.5 Weber Smokey Mountain and a Coleman Roadtrip.  I would like to have LBGE or a GoodOne Marshal and a Blackstone griddle of some size.  I have Little Griddle, but a Blackstone would be nice, except I would have to get propane again.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Focker - saw a 14" WSM at Walmart the other day. Missing door, 2 quarter sized rusty chips in the porcelain on the dome, rusty charcoal grate. Asked the guy if we could strike a deal . He says $90. In that condition? Yes that's why it's marked down . I was still laughing as I walked out the door. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    caliking said:
    @Focker - saw a 14" WSM at Walmart the other day. Missing door, 2 quarter sized rusty chips in the porcelain on the dome, rusty charcoal grate. Asked the guy if we could strike a deal . He says $90. In that condition? Yes that's why it's marked down . I was still laughing as I walked out the door. 
    Good call.
    Half would be reasonable.  You know Weber would send you all of the replacement parts for free.  Picked up my gasser cheap for this reason. They even threw in the ng to lp conversion kit.  A+ CS.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Local Walmart here has a 14 wsm marked down to $62. No damage at all. Just don't know if I would have a use for it. Who am I kidding why should that stop me? Right?
  • Focker
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    Local Walmart here has a 14 wsm marked down to $62. No damage at all. Just don't know if I would have a use for it. Who am I kidding why should that stop me? Right?
    Found a 28 incher BS for $79.  Picking it up tamara.  Lord help me.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hntnhrd
    edited January 2017
    Options
    After having my 28 BS for just a couple days I would have paid full price !! $79 is a great deal you won't regret it @Focker  how do you like the blackstone pizza oven? That's next on my list 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just added a four gallon Bayou Classic fryer...well, it will be delivered on Friday.
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    After having my 28 BS for just a couple days I would have paid full price !! $79 is a great deal you won't regret it @Focker  how do you like the blackstone pizza oven? That's next on my list 
    It is worth full price IMO.
    And it will improve your pies significantly.
    Buy it, don't look back.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Large, medium, mini. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just added a four gallon Bayou Classic fryer...well, it will be delivered on Friday.
    I've got the 2.5 BC. It's Chinese, but it's stainless. Zero complaints, perfect French fryer. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i hope you guys with the bazillian cookers and coolers dont fish =) thats where it gets crazy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    i hope you guys with the bazillian cookers and coolers dont fish =) thats where it gets crazy
    Eggs are very cheap compared to most men's hobbies. 
  • Focker
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Truth be told, my ex, and girlfriends thereafter, have always been cool about my hobbies. And I, theirs.  I wouldn't hang around if we weren't.  Honestly, one large egg, the green kettle, and the KBQ, were all nice gifts.

Just got home after a quickie with Walmartina.

Felt a little dirty "raw doggin'" it with no protection plan.  But after a hot shower, I'll feel good as new.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Agreed bud.  The grilling hobby is the least of my concerns.

My first AR build has cost more than all of these grills combined.  And I still have maybe 500-1000 to go before I sign off.
    Camping, ridiculous.  Won't even go into the deets.
    Hunting, ridiculous.  Bow, outfitted, has cost more than all these grills too.  
    Fishing is the lowest one actually.  But I don't have a boat.  If I did, it would be a pond prowler bass boat.  Super cheap.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:

My first AR build has cost more than all of these grills combined.  And I still have maybe 500-1000 to go before I sign off.
    Fishing is the lowest one actually.  But I don't have a boat.  If I did, it would be a pond prowler bass boat.  Super cheap.
    You can test run the boat thing. Just go to the bank and withdraw a few thousand and burn it in your karbeque. If you like how that feels, then I would go for it. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Focker said:

You can test run the boat thing. Just go to the bank and withdraw a few thousand and burn it in your karbeque. If you like how that feels, then I would go for it. 
    Now that's funny right there. :)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hntnhrd
    Options
    Focker said:

Two best days of a boat owners life, the day you buy it and the day you sell it. My hunting addiction turned into a full blown outfitting business. I swore the BBQ and grilling wouldn't go the same way but I catered a Christmas party this winter for a friend's business !! I swear the cooking is just going to be for fun !! I think?
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Focker said:
    Truth be told, my ex, and girlfriends thereafter, have always been cool about my hobbies. And I, theirs.  I wouldn't hang around if we weren't.  Honestly, one large egg, the green kettle, and the KBQ, were all nice gifts.

Felt a little dirty "raw doggin'" it with no protection plan.  But after a hot shower, I'll feel good as new.  =)
    Nice! Were you able to get it for the $99 clearance price?
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Remember the old adage- if it flies, floats, or f...ks it's cheaper to rent than own. 

Never heard that before. I like it!
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

Nice! Were you able to get it for the $99 clearance price?
    Thanks to your link, I found one at $79!
    This will pay for itself during my upcoming kitchen down time for some upgrades.

Should work great at the campground too.

I paid the same price for the 17" at Ace, and thought that was worth every penny.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Sweet!!! Glad to hear.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Focker said:

What the heck did you put in your AR build that cost more than all those grills combined? I can think of some primo parts but it still wouldn't add up to that much.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My big boat is a nightmare, but the small 18' bay boat is dirt cheap to run.  I rewired it and that took a lot of time, but really it's not bad.  I always take one or two people with me and they usually take care of the bait, gas and launch fees.  Not that I care, but they insist.  Good friends make good fishing buddies.
    Options
    Keeping it simple at my house. I have a large Big Green Egg and a 22" Weber kettle. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @DoubleEgger -  may need a look at your friend vetting process  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.