Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Ooeration BBQ Relief is deployed in LA. Anticipate serving 12-15k meals a day. 

https://operationbbqrelief.org/supporters/
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    @theyolksonyou -  while a true disaster, good for you to get involved with Operation BBQ relief.  Pace yourself.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @lousubcap I'm not there, just putting it out there if anyone want to support. Sorry if I misled. 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    wow, wonderful spot and perfect snack to enjoy there - I'm jealous!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL ATAF is a son of a b!tch when you realize that you are missing a socket and hear the birds start turning at the beginning of flight schedule. 
    @Battleborn
    Funny true story. Keflavik Iceland in the middle of winter. Which let's be honest it's always effing cold there. Winter is mostly dark and I worked the graveyard night check 12 hour shift. Side note mostly did 15 hours. But I digress. We were on the ready and had 7 birds in pre-flight including the Admiral. One of the techs had a set of sheer wire pliers out on the line. And a QAR signed off on their ATAF but, they weren't in the box!  All USN, ASAF, Dutch, German and even the Canadian (I know Canadians :giggle: ) aircraft were grounded until it was found. Over 12' of snow off the banks. Wind that quite literally would throw a full dumpster like a ragdoll so they had to be chained to the ground. Anyway...we ended up finding this tool after a 7 hour search by "All Hands" in is dirty coveralls!!! **** never lived it down. & the QAR lost his quals and a stripe! Talk about screwing up Mission Readiness.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    5 lb. rack of baby's been on about 4 hours with Apple wood

Jacksonville FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Cold Beer and boiled peanuts on the Carolina coast. Nuthin' like it but more of it!

....are ball peanuts where I come from. Hope you are having a large time.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Spent the past few days hiking an 18 mile section of the Appalachian trail
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just got in the door and unpacked from the beach. We had a great time. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Where's the BGE Mini??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I hope you're planning on putting all that food, trash and maleness up in a bear bag. 

Looks like a me a great time to me. Enjoy!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options

Cold Beer and boiled peanuts on the Carolina coast. Nuthin' like it but more of it!

Thanks @northGAcock! Yes, a large time indeed. We call them bolled p-nuts but for the sake of the large and diverse audience, wanted everyone to know what I was talking about. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Since I didn't take a pic of the smash burgers I just finished off, it didn't happen. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL ATAF is a son of a b!tch when you realize that you are missing a socket and hear the birds start turning at the beginning of flight schedule. 
    @Battleborn
    Funny true story. Keflavik Iceland in the middle of winter. Which let's be honest it's always effing cold there. Winter is mostly dark and I worked the graveyard night check 12 hour shift. Side note mostly did 15 hours. But I digress. We were on the ready and had 7 birds in pre-flight including the Admiral. One of the techs had a set of sheer wire pliers out on the line. And a QAR signed off on their ATAF but, they weren't in the box!  All USN, ASAF, Dutch, German and even the Canadian (I know Canadians :giggle: ) aircraft were grounded until it was found. Over 12' of snow off the banks. Wind that quite literally would throw a full dumpster like a ragdoll so they had to be chained to the ground. Anyway...we ended up finding this tool after a 7 hour search by "All Hands" in is dirty coveralls!!! **** never lived it down. & the QAR lost his quals and a stripe! Talk about screwing up Mission Readiness.
    My FOD story:
    In the Munitions area of Hill AFB (where I work) we do maintenance work on the PSRE, the "fourth stage" of the Minuteman III ICBM missile.  It's particularly dangerous as it runs on hypergolic fuels and needs to be carefully controlled.  We were giving a tour to an Air Force four-star, and the shop supervisor showed him how the PSRE could be turned over for maintenance on the other side by cranking a handle on the mounting stand.
    As he did so, a small tool fell out of the PSRE, and hit the General's shoe!  He picked it up, and handed it to the super.  
    It was, ultimately, not a good day.   :s  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @Botch that's a pretty good one. The worst one I had was a pilot shooting off his chaff bucket during start up. Tried to blame me as the QA during his troubleshooting write up. My response went something like this, "QA was unable to stop pilot from pushing countermeasure button, causing FOD on flight line, in cockpit during turn up. Will advise pilots not to engage button during further walk through." Needless to say, the Division Officer wasn't too thrilled with my wording, but couldn't blame me for speaking the truth. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Just threw a butt on. The in-laws are coming to town, so that will be dinner. Also have a rack of ribs thawing a bit and they'll go on too. 
    Make sure that little Joe doesn't go out on you again  ;) Have fun !!!

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Getting ready for the Fire Pit gatherings at the LD3DS. Thinking we got enough for a couple of nights. 2 full ricks. What do you think?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @YukonRon, I think you're set brother!  Looking forward to it.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Got to replenish the wine rack.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    I figured the wine rack took precedence over the wood rack!  You drinking too many slushies? ;)
  • YukonRon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    I figured the wine rack took precedence over the wood rack!  You drinking too many slushies? ;)
    I just remebered how awesome the evenings were at the NCBB, when we all sat around the campfire. I remember bringing a couple bundles of wood, the really cool friends, and the great vibes we all shared from that evening.
    If I can recreate just half of that experience, it will not be time, money or labor wasted my friend.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    I just remebered how awesome the evenings were at the NCBB, when we all sat around the campfire. I remeber bringing a couple bundles of wood, the really cool friends, and the great vibes we all shared from that evening.
    If I can recreate just half of that experience, it will not be time, money or labor wasted my friend.
    This will also be epic Ron!  Let me know how I can help!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    I just remebered how awesome the evenings were at the NCBB, when we all sat around the campfire. I remeber bringing a couple bundles of wood, the really cool friends, and the great vibes we all shared from that evening.
    This will also be epic Ron!  Let me know how I can help!
    Drive safe, and make the trip. Help me keep Robin and Jason in line, and be prepared to go make a SSR sortie to secure @lousubcap. Outside of that, I hope folks can relax and have some fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Getting ready for the Fire Pit gatherings at the LD3DS. Thinking we got enough for a couple of nights. 2 full ricks. What do you think?
    I am thinking that will do it on the wood front. Hate you already split it, could have gotten my exercise with the maul. Anyhow, I am happy to push the cart around the wine store. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am thinking that will do it on the wood front. Hate you already split it, could have gotten my exercise with the maul. Anyhow, I am happy to push the cart around the wine store. 
    Be sure to bring your trophy so Brent, Cap and I can see it, I think Jason would like to see what one looks like too. 
    You know, he is not bitter........
    Carrying around that trophy might hurt your back, no need to split wood. You get enough of a workout carrying the winners bling. We got this.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Cleaning the Blackstone. Bought these at the hardware store since they're heavy duty and lint-free. I thought they'd be great for the griddle. Turns out they melt perfectly on it... I should have known better judging by the weave of the towel that they weren't 100% paper. Fail!

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Just threw a butt on. The in-laws are coming to town, so that will be dinner. Also have a rack of ribs thawing a bit and they'll go on too. 
    Make sure that little Joe doesn't go out on you again  ;) Have fun !!!

Haha.. Jr. wasn't up to bat on this cook. The large got the call. Old faithful I like to call it. Set it and forget it. Okay, so I am using the Guru on it because I had a bunch of erands to do. 

Got the ribs on kinda late. Running at 325° now to push them faster. Butt is nice and black! 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Cleaning the Blackstone. Bought these at the hardware store since they're heavy duty and lint-free. I thought they'd be great for the griddle. Turns out they melt perfectly on it... I should have known better judging by the weave of the towel that they weren't 100% paper. Fail!

Word of advice don't buy some Martha Stewart towel for the BS. Go buy the cheapest around just for the BS. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site