Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    @Lit good callon the extra wide double gate!  Makes access so much easier.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Stained the inside of the fence this morning.  Crazy it took 10 gallons just to do the inside.
    Did you do that by hand or use a sprayer?  I need to do mine.  
    I used an Echo 3 gallon pump sprayer. It's easy just time consuming. Not sure how other stains work but the stuff I used called ready seal is amazing you spray it on and it can have horrible runs and it just evened itself out. No wiping or touching up or anything. I could have done the inside and outside in probably 5 hours or so and my fence is just over 160'.

So glad to hear this.  @ksmyrl recommended ready seal to me two summers ago, haven't used it yet but I'm about 60% through prepping my abused and ignored cedar deck.  I'm really enjoying the 100 degree heat while I strip, sand and scrub, I will happily overbuy stain if I can spray on and not have to back brush.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Oh damn Blake. Damn. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Damn, both of those last two posts look fantastic!  Well done guys!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yeah people be cookin tonight
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Agreed.  Those plates look great.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    It's been too hot to go outside and do anything so I've been enjoying the home theater and catching up on some movies.  On Friday I watched Sword of Doom and Hidden Fortress, both Criterion versions.  Then this evening I went with the iMax 3D theme and watched 3D Mummies and iMax Under the Sea.

I'll most likely get back on the Zatoichi box set here shortly.  Love it!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    It's been too hot to go outside and do anything so I've been enjoying the home theater and catching up on some movies.  On Friday I watched Sword of Doom and Hidden Fortress, both Criterion versions.  Then this evening I went with the iMax 3D theme and watched 3D Mummies and iMax Under the Sea.

I'll most likely get back on the Zatoichi box set here shortly.  Love it!!
    I must say, I'm really glad I have no clue what those movies are about. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Smothered Burritos. Mild & Hot Hatch Chile w/ Brisket Point Roux 

Holy crap.
    That is simply beautiful !

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Smothered Burritos. Mild & Hot Hatch Chile w/ Brisket Point Roux 

Blake....you win the Internet tonight!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Y'all are way kind. I'll pass the accolades on to my wife @HuskerMaMa as this meal was a Culinary Joint Task Force. Thanks everybody. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Just got home from a Civitan awards meeting.  My brother, who actually isn't in the Civitans, received an award for his work for the past 20 yrs with their Christmas givings.  

He's the man I wanted to be like.  He was my father when he passed.  He's my best friend and couldn't be more proud of him.  He loves helping Santa on Christmas Eve.  He gets choked up talking about these kids they deliver presents to in a community that's not the best.  He loves it.  

Brothers are awsom. Congrats to him....and happy you get to spend time together.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just got home from a Civitan awards meeting.  My brother, who actually isn't in the Civitans, received an award for his work for the past 20 yrs with their Christmas givings.  

He's the man I wanted to be like.  He was my father when he passed.  He's my best friend and couldn't be more proud of him.  He loves helping Santa on Christmas Eve.  He gets choked up talking about these kids they deliver presents to in a community that's not the best.  He loves it.  

Brothers are awsom. Congrats to him....and happy you get to spend time together.
    Nice Matt!  Proud with you.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Gearing up and getting nervous about my 300 mile bike ride this weekend.  Need to buy some more gear and start packing.  It is hard to pack for a trip when you are already camping. . . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Gearing up and getting nervous about my 300 mile bike ride this weekend.  Need to buy some more gear and start packing.  It is hard to pack for a trip when you are already camping. . . . 

Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @jeffwit
    It is on my to buy list!  Not looking forward to day 3.  I know I can do day 1.  Day 2 will be difficult but I have done 200 miles in 2 days before.  It is day 3 that I am most concerned about.  I have not done my due diligence as far as training goes.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    kl8ton said:

Is that instead of mustard?
  • jeffwit
    Options
    @kl8ton what kind of bike are you riding?
    @lit I'm sure it would make a great binder, but not sure what it would do for taste as I haven't tried it...
    Jefferson, GA
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @jeffwit

This one:

Grand Rapids MI
  • jeffwit
    Options
    Nice bike. I don't envy you the butt pain. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • kl8ton
    Options
    My father in law is letting me borrow it.  He has this and a Crux.  My BIL has a Tarmac.  They keep buying.  I keep borrowing.  I am currently borrowing an Sworks epic as well.  :smile:

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    The 5 younger kids are taking swimming lessons.  "Rita the swim Nazi" as she is lovingly called has my 2 and a half year old swimming across the pool after day 1.  There was lots of screaming and a little puking.  Parents are not allowed to watch for the first 2 days.

Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    As long as there are no fatalities, no need for future on-going therapy and the kids learn how to swim, sounds like a sound plan.
    Options
    So when you stopped screaming and puking, were you ok then?
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Going to take a nap
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    The 5 younger kids are taking swimming lessons.  "Rita the swim Nazi" as she is lovingly called has my 2 and a half year old swimming across the pool after day 1.  There was lots of screaming and a little puking.  Parents are not allowed to watch for the first 2 days.

@kl8ton my 15 month old daughter is in a Rescue swim training class for infants and it's CRAZY. I can hardly watch.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum