Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want

Sorry this is a stupid saying. Learn things that nobody else knows and make yourself irreplaceable and you can do whatever you want. I'm a senior engineer on our national team and I wear jeans and t shirts to work. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    work for myself.  sometimes sit here in a bathrobe

used to do the suit and tie thing.  not any more

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Lit said:
    don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want

Sorry this is a stupid saying. Learn things that nobody else knows and make yourself irreplaceable and you can do whatever you want. I'm a senior engineer on our national team and I wear jeans and t shirts to work. 
    Guess I can relate here somewhat.  Many guys in my office wear jeans and previous years family day t-shirts.  Not my thing really, but others do it. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    On a positive note, I am finally finished editing the wedding I shot on 8/8!  Phew... Finally!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Enjoying a craft beer I've never tried
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited September 2015
    Options
    All it means is not to dress like a dipshit on the way up

i wear what i wear now because i broke my ass and went to school. But i also didnt walk i to an interview dressed like an idiot

you yourself said "make yourself indispensable and you can dress how you want". That's not the same as "dress how you want and then make yourself indispensable". 

Gotta get a job and then prove yourself

plus, these little sayings aren't always rigid and universally applicable. Didnt mean to besmirch your entire career with a fortune cookie maxim. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    All it means is not to dress like a dipshit on the way up

i wear what i wear now because i broke my ass and went to school. But i also didnt walk i to an interview dressed like an idiot

you yourself said "make yourself indispensable and you can dress how you want". That's not the same as "dress how you want and then make yourself indispensable". 

Gotta get a job and then prove yourself

plus, these little sayings aren't always rigid and universally applicable. Didnt mean to besmirch your entire career with a fortune cookie maxim. 
    Mmmmm fortune cookie
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Just packed up the jet/river boat. While having way to many rums. Took a few days off and going to hit the river and head up to do some camping and fishing for a few nights. Got a sitter. Should be a good time. Hope the sturgeon are around. 
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Where's @centex been?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    apparently, centex has a life.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Yessir.  You and we should get one of those!
     B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• YEMTrey
    Options

Blasphemous!
    Steve 

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Laughing at the whole deflate gate thing. What a $h!t show. I am a big fan of the game but all the off field bs, overmarketing of the league and players, is getting to be a bit too much. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    MJG said:
    Laughing at the whole deflate gate thing. What a $h!t show. I am a big fan of the game but all the off field bs, overmarketing of the league and players, is getting to be a bit too much. 
    Can't wait for ESPN to cover the decision and wear it out for the next two weeks.  I'm pretty sure they were behind the whole thing to have something to air on sportscenter.
    Steve 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    MJG said:
    Can't wait for ESPN to cover the decision and wear it out for the next two weeks.  I'm pretty sure they were behind the whole thing to have something to air on sportscenter.
    You said air....
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    MJG said:
    You said air....
     =) 
    Steve 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the movie "Concussion" with Will Smith
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The reviews are already coming in.  It's said to be a fall knockout hit.
    Options
    The reviews are already coming in.  It's said to be a fall knockout hit.
    That was awful.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Horrible, yet I laughed.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Headed to watch toe meet leather in atl
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just had pizza, one buffalo chicken and one cheese.

Just poured some Gentleman Jack and watching Eagles pre-season football.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Ahhhhhh... Life is good!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Headed to watch toe meet leather in atl
    You know the rules.  Pics required.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thinking of menu ideas for Saturday's demo. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Thinking of menu ideas for Saturday's demo. 
    Looking fwd to seeing your menu too.  I fully expect a homerun.