Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Those ribs are going in some Mac and cheese tomorrow. Got a chucky on finishing just went in paper when the ribs came off. Chucky is going in the beans. 2 more racks of ribs and a meatloaf for tomorrow. Right now sitting by the fire pit about to play some FIFA.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,180
    Options
    Okay I will ask how did it catch on fire..
    John, you've been ahead of me all day. 

Ok Jamie, how did you manage that?
    I had my weed burner out.  There was a bunch of ants.  So I chose the clear choice and used the weed burner to kill the ants.  Then while sitting on the deck enjoying a Milk Stout it burst into flames 20 minutes later.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    I "like" burning the ants, not so much the fire. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I "like" burning the ants, not so much the fire. 
    Turns out, interestingly enough, not all ideas are good ideas.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Trying to get settled in at 225 so I can throw this but on.  Over shot a bit, closed ber down so I can drop the temp a bit.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    scmoose said:
    Trying to get settled in at 225 so I can throw this but on.  Over shot a bit, closed ber down so I can drop the temp a bit.
    How much over?  Butts are fine up to 275 without doing anything special.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Boating while doing  a clean burn.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I looked at some houses today with my folks, then we picked up some food from: http://stampedesmokinbbq.com/

Who'd thunk there was a legit BBQ trailer a couple miles from my house and I never tried it. I just assumed they were posers, but man this was good for PA BBQ.

Then I tossed some chickens on with the famous coffee rub from @Mickey:

FTC'd them and took them to my buddies place where we hung out tonight:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    In Canada at Lake Louise headed to Jasper. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mickey said:

If I had half of your money I would probably be in Canada too  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    Mickey said:

I love it there! Lake Morraine is beautiful. Make sure you stop at Peyto Lake. We liked Jasper better than Banff. Enjoy your trip. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @sea2ski, what were you fishing for? 

Black drum.  Had one one that was 40? Lbs.   not big by any means here, pulled the hook 10 get from the boat.  Buddy next to us got two -55 and 65 lbs.  The Delaware bay has them for about a month, then they disappear. did get a small shark, a skate and , 6 horseshoe crabs.  Oh well...   
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Temp dropped some overnight. 16hrs in the smoke. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @tarheelmatt The medium has been my favorite accessory.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just pulled this off the egg, letting it rest:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Lit #ComfortFood Nice!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Tenderizer
    Tenderizer Posts: 24
    Options
    Researching on the forum..How to treat my plate setter, cover or not. Foil or not. Not hijacking...Oh and three fingers of Elmer...
    My third child smokes a lot, weights 216 lbs and is greenish...He's my favorite..
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to upload photos direct from iphone 5. If i take a picture can i just add it to a discussion or do i have to use photobucket etc
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Prepping the swineapple for tomorrow.  Carving it out was not an easy deal, it started to break at one point, so I decided to take a section out that I'll put back tomorrow and secure with bacon and bamboo skewers.  Marinating overnight in Huli huli.

I think I'll cook a rack of St. Louis spares with the swineapple.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Fritos tacos 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Researching on the forum..How to treat my plate setter, cover or not. Foil or not. Not hijacking...Oh and three fingers of Elmer...
    No foil.  Legs up or down depends on mood.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Disgusted with the Giants game.

Prepping some ground chicken sliders and ground bison sliders.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Landscaping....

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,511
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Fritos tacos 
    grege345 said:
    Fritos tacos 
    I hope I'm posting onto the correct post, it was "Frito Tacos".

Those looked absolutely delicious, but very labor-intensive.  Bravo!  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher