Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Salado Problem Help

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Have a couple of hundred innocent Eggers coming to Salado for a Saturday of cooking and enjoyment of Egged food. Have a very large pavilion near the edge of Salado Creek to house them. This all sounds like bless and will be except for a small band of outlaw renegades that must be segregated for the protection of the mass. My question to you is how to do this. An option would be to set them up about a quarter mile down stream and just tell them they are all that showed while having a couple of police cruisers parked very nearby. I am open to ideas. This band is made up of CenTex, Village Idiot, Little Steven, Nolaegghead, Henapple, and Travis. There has already been threats of popping a cap in someone's ass and deep stab wounds. Salado has always been so quite. Keep in mind some of these people will be wearing skirts.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Don't forget Nola's wife! She sounded pretty mean. X(

Just kidding @fleurdelirious. Please forgive me. X_X

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Call in the Lawn Ranger and his band, Chubby and who knows the rest.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    As long as there is booze they won't leave said area. I'm sure you could rent a crowd control fence then have a viewing area you could charge an admission fee for that and it would be like a weird reality TV show... Damn I wish I was coming.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    =)) Damn, I wish I was ale to make it. ... You guys have a great time. Please keep us posted on the fun and shenanigans ! Plenty of pictures please
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Don't forget Nola's wife! She sounded pretty mean. X( Just kidding @fleurdelirious. Please forgive me. X_X
    She's the one with the "Lucky stabbin' knife".
    Mickey - the answer is bourbon, watered down or not, think of it as crowd control in a flask. 

Good luck, have fun and stay safe. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options

If I'm not mistaken, some of these outlaw renegades are pretty good cooks.  Can we make sure that some of what they cook makes it over to us civilized folk?  Just tell them it is going to the local food bank or something....

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I have more guns than everyone else so I win.

I'm also a local. So there!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Get one of these things for the creek. The threat of a fire hose blowing their skirts up will keep them at bay. Talk about balls to the wall.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    The rumblings are true. I am going to stay out until 3 am on Friday with customers at South by Southwest then do my best to wake up at 6:30am to drive to Salado for a little hair of the dog when we light the eggs,  then head back to Austin for 14 hours of South by southwest. What could possibly go wrong?

Hope to see all you guys there.

Mickey, could you add EMT's to the Law Enforcement  brigade down the road? I might give a whole new meaning to "needing fluids" if I make all this happen.

Peace

Tex

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    Tell them Mangrates is set up down steam and watch them give chase! =))
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Cook nothing but bone-in's...and occasionally throw 'em a bone.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Options
    J_Que said:
    Tell them Mangrates is set up down steam and watch them give chase! =))

Funny you said that. The set that was sent to me consisted is 4 grates about 3 inch wide. I gave Travis half (2grates) and never heard a word. I guess he understood they were not to eat???? The man is tough.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I pledge to:

Not drink too much
    Smoke too many cigars
    Not eat too much
    Not make too much noise.
    Soak naked in the hot tub

The Monday after Salado.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Define too much

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Little Steven my thought of "too much" would be more than is carried in a package store ( being the only store in town) of a 500,000 population town. If we can only hold it down to that amount I may be allowed to still live here after this party is over. That and you being cleared of all charges; true or otherwise.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it...people like me. The newbie mantra. I wish Cen Tex was that pillow.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Does anyone else picture Centex like that astronaut Lisa Nowak? Driving all over Texas wearing Depends while trying to "kill" some meat on an egg, or beat-up some dumb hipster at SXSW for being "too ironic".
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it...people like me. The newbie mantra. I wish Cen Tex was that pillow.

dude.......seriously........no
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Does anyone else picture Centex like that astronaut Lisa Nowak? Driving all over Texas wearing Depends while trying to "kill" some meat on an egg, or beat-up some dumb hipster at SXSW for being "too ironic".

centex believes in non-violent Hipster control. He has been known to wear diapers though. Have you been watching me? Weird
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    @travis. Do you mean guns available in the arsenal or your private collection?:-)) @cen-tex. watch out for THP that sit at the top of the nears CR 237. He is a sneaky and he has one fast patrol car. ( my luck he is an egger an on the forum) For the rest I will see y'all at the fest. Thanks Mickey and SpringChicken for your hard work.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I'm the guy with the thick framed glasses.

I believe in nonviolent control too. I just play music everyone has heard of. You may need to borrow Nola's ghetto blaster for this.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm the guy with the thick framed glasses. I believe in nonviolent control too. I just play music everyone has heard of. You may need to borrow Nola's ghetto blaster for this.

I also find if you threaten them with clothing that is not labelled "extra slim" or footwear that does not say "Chuck Taylor"on it somewhere they scurry like rats. I also keep a bic razor in my pocket.The mere threat of being clean shaven gives hipsters the willies.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    For those of us that can't make it, will there be video available?
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

For those of us that can't make it, will there be video available?

Next week's episode of "COPS" will have the recap. Remember - all suspects are innocent until proven guilty. Although, I hope law enforcement doesn't get wind of this forum; the evidence is overwhelming.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    maybe this guy can help 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Don't know how I missed this thread.

VI is bringing his neighbor as backup.  Maybe the potential for mutually assured destruction will keep the peace.  It worked through the cold war!

Here's the pic he sent to me (via mickey) of his neighbor.

Options
    I mean on my person. From my private collection :p
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You'll need a bunch of weapons to get me under control if I get there and find out it's a dry county :D

Please tell me I got nothin' to worry about !!
    Options
    Would I live here if it was ?