Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Flat Iron Steak

Snake River Farms does it again!  My wife asked for a nice steak dinner on the Big Green Egg for her 30th Birthday.  We had a Flat Iron steak waiting in the freezer and decided tonight was the night let it shine. 

For Christmas I received a Kick Ash Basket and a cast iron grill grate.  We decided tonight was the night to give everything a go, and man did it come together like a well oiled machine.

I cooked this gorgeous cut of meat with the draft door completely open and no Daisy Wheel.  Once the Egg reached 650-700 I added the steaks.  I cooked for 1 min 15 seconds then turned 45 degrees for another 1 minute and 15 seconds (same side, attempted to produce diamond markings).  I then flipped the steak and followed the same steps for a total direct cooking time of 5 minutes. Once the cook was complete I pulled and let sit for 10 minutes uncovered.   My wife and I prefer a more rare-medium rare cook and this was spot on to our taste.  Snake River Farms cuts of meat are unbelievable but the Big Green Egg produces the best cooks I have ever tasted! 

Comments