Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,823
    Well folks, we had a pretty good run as a species.  We are about to learn first hand the reason for the Fermi Paradox.
    Did you decide to listen to ATLiens instead? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,299
    Well folks, we had a pretty good run as a species.  We are about to learn first hand the reason for the Fermi Paradox.
    Did you decide to listen to ATLiens instead? 
    Nice callback!  Might just switch over.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Watching another debate. Much more restraint than I expected thus far. Still early though. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,252
    Just got done using the little guy to make a steak sandwich. Roasted garlic aioli, balsamic arugula, heirlooms and some NY strip. It was yummy. 
    Whoa.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,381
    Just got done using the little guy to make a steak sandwich. Roasted garlic aioli, balsamic arugula, heirlooms and some NY strip. It was yummy. 
    @ Battleborn - Just beautiful!

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Watching another debate. Much more restraint than I expected thus far. Still early though. 
    Are Canadians having an election also?

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,685
    Living in my DVR world I just finished the VP debate show around 45 minutes ago.  Concur with @GrateEggspectations and the general tone of civility.  They both managed to "do no harm" across the spectrum.  The spin doctors will find segments to bolster their respective cases but in the main it was effectively a wash for me.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Living in my DVR world I just finished the VP debate show around 45 minutes ago.  Concur with @GrateEggspectations and the general tone of civility.  They both managed to "do no harm" across the spectrum.  The spin doctors will find segments to bolster their respective cases but in the main it was effectively a wash for me.  
    They were often in agreement with one another and in the portion I viewed (went to be before the end), there was no semblance of animosity. Tone felt collaborative and decorum was present. 

@Ozzie_Isaac We’re not having an election just yet, but tvs are a thing here! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    They were often in agreement with one another and in the portion I viewed (went to be before the end), there was no semblance of animosity. Tone felt collaborative and decorum was present. 

A couple of counterpoints:

That second one is not a meme.  That was verbatim Vance's response.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,995
    Watching another debate. Much more restraint than I expected thus far. Still early though. 
    Are Canadians having an election also?
    When :murica: farts, the world smells it =)
    btw, illegal firearms coming in across the border?!
    canuckland
  • @JohnInCarolina

My point was about exchanges between candidates. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    @JohnInCarolina

My point was about exchanges between candidates. 
    I understand, and I am just providing a different perspective.  The civility of the exchanges is a mask for Vance's (deserved) reputation as someone who holds fairly extreme views.  Whitewashing the way the public views him was certainly a goal of Vance's last night, and I think to some degree he accomplished that.   But it's worth keeping in mind the insanity of much of the broader context. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,670
    lousubcap said:

And those were the rules. Any response or fact checking were to be done by their opponents. Just like comments like this are supposed to be on the off topic forum.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

And those were the rules. Any response or fact checking were to be done by their opponents. Just like comments like this are supposed to be on the off topic forum.
    Ship has sailed, it seems.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,670
    Rules for me but not for thee?

• JohnInCarolina
    Rules for me but not for thee?

Hey man, you're the one who responded to a post with political content by.... adding your own political content, only to subsequently refer to "the rules".  That wasn't me.  I also wasn't the first person to bring up the debate in this thread. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I am looking at mountains. (Not my yard, love the view though!)

• dbCooper
    Cousins Maine Lobster is in the area for a few days, based out of KC.  Have heard good things about them, so we gave it a try.  Got there about 2:45 to avoid the lunch rush, had about a 40 min wait.  It was worth it.  We each got a roll with tots and a Maine Root Beer.
    @fishlessman - they originated in Maine, are you familiar with them? 

Great Plains, USA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,823
    They were on Shark Tank. They got a deal with Barbara. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,285
    dbCooper said:
    Cousins Maine Lobster is in the area for a few days, based out of KC.  Have heard good things about them, so we gave it a try.  Got there about 2:45 to avoid the lunch rush, had about a 40 min wait.  It was worth it.  We each got a roll with tots and a Maine Root Beer.

Never heard of them but the roll is done right, even has the proper split top. So pricey nowadays, was getting a chowder today and the rolls were 34.99 each
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,107
    40-minute wait, at 2:45 pm....  :o  

The Past, Present, and Future all walk into a bar.

It was tense.  

• dbCooper
    dbCooper said:

Never heard of them but the roll is done right, even has the proper split top. So pricey nowadays, was getting a chowder today and the rolls were 34.99 each
    This place claims to only use Maine sourced lobster.  Rolls were $23 and combo (add tots, drink) was $26.  I'd have thought Maine as being much cheaper, seems odd is more.
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    40-minute wait, at 2:45 pm....  :o  
    Almost makes ME want to make a bean burrito…
  • fishlessman
    dbCooper said:
    dbCooper said:

This place claims to only use Maine sourced lobster.  Rolls were $23 and combo (add tots, drink) was $26.  I'd have thought Maine as being much cheaper, seems odd is more.
    I was near boston at the Boston chowder house. I haven't bought a roll in years, Less money making them and I like a tiny amount of mayo and chopped celery or just a drizzle of drawn butter
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,685
    @dbCooper - I have been tracking that venture/food truck since announced L'ville as a target destination.  Thanks for the review.  45 minutes is nothing.
    I have upped the focus.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    @dbCooper - I have been tracking that venture/food truck since announced L'ville as a target destination.  Thanks for the review.  45 minutes is nothing.
    I have upped the focus.  
    The best Maine lobster/clam places don't have a door
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 330

Who woulda ever thunk Willie would be the last man standing?
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.