Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,572
    Options

"Former President Trump’s hush money trial is continuing today after opening arguments began yesterday. Trump’s attorney told the court that the former president is “cloaked in innocence,” while the prosecution said the hush-money payment was “election fraud, pure and simple.” Join Just Security Journalism Fellow, Adam Klasfeld’s Daily Dispatches from the Trump Trial Courtroom in New York for updates from inside the courtroom. 

New York Judge Arthur Engoron yesterday accepted the $175 million bond Trump posted to appeal his civil fraud case, but imposed several new conditions to ensure sufficient cash funds remain available. The requirements include that the insurance company which issued the bond retain “exclusive control” of the $175 million account, and that both the company and Trump will provide a monthly account statement certifying there are sufficient cash funds for the bond. In addition, the agreement between the company and Trump cannot be amended without court approval. Ivana Saric reports for Axios.

Trump was urged to return classified documents nearly a year before FBI agents searched his Mar-a-Lago home, according to newly unsealed findings. A summary of an unnamed associate’s FBI interview was among a trove of documents that the judge handling Trump’s classified documents case released with redactions yesterday. Other revelations included that the FBI initially referred to the Trump investigation with the code name “PLASMIC ECHO; Mishandling of Classified or National Defense Information.” Representatives for Trump have not commented at the time of writing. Rebecca Falconer reports for Axios."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    "The Supreme Court will hear arguments today on whether former presidents, including Trump, have immunity from criminal prosecution for actions they take while in office. Trump is charged with attempting to overturn the 2020 election results, but Trump’s lawyers argue he cannot be indicted under the U.S. constitution. If the court rules Trump can be prosecuted, the trial will move forward, probably taking place in the middle of the presidential election season. If the court decides Trump does have immunity, the other criminal charges against him may be thrown out. Anthony Zurcher reports for BBC News."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    so if trump gets his immunity, and then biden gets charged with election interference because of all this......best tv ever,  i might even start watching msnbc to see what the mornin joe has to say again =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Not my writing (Dave Pell's) but sure captures the issue-
    "Four years ago nearly to the day, President Trump used a White House briefing to ponder the notion of using sunlight, ultraviolet light, and household disinfectants to kill the coronavirus. The president was not a doctor, but every afternoon, he played one on TV. And this time Doogie Howitzer went too far. Executives at Reckitt Benckiser, which owns brands including Lysol, felt compelled to issue a statement: "As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)."
    This was a memorable example of a common theme. Trump issues a ridiculous suggestion or a preposterous lie, and then the rest of us waste time having a serious discussion about a frivolous topic. Today, that tendency reached a new low as the Supreme Court held a multi-hour session to determine whether or not a president has complete immunity. In short, the Supreme Court is set to decide whether America has a president or a king, something George Washington decided 252 years ago.
    Here's a look at the arguments from 
    CNN and AP. (Of all people, Trump should know the only way to get complete immunity is by taking hydroxychloroquine.) Here's the big picture. The Court is considering these absurdist presidential immunity questions for the first time in centuries because it's the first time we've had a president who was this much of a criminal and such an existential threat to democracy. And his corrupted party, craven enablers, and rabid base of followers has selected him to be president once again."

CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,552
    Options
    Reporter: "Mr. President, what's your take on today's SC decision that Presidents have full immunity from the Law, while they are in office?"  
    Pres. Biden: "Seal Team 6 is en-route to mar-a-Lardo as we speak; he'll be gone by tomorrow morning."

It won't happen.  But I love thinking about it.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• lousubcap
    Options

"The Supreme Court yesterday appeared poised to allow former President Trump’s Jan. 6 trial to proceed, though the timing of when that could occur is unclear. The court seemed unlikely to accept either Trump’s broad claim of absolute immunity for all official acts, or the special counsel’s position that former presidents have no guarantee of immunity for their official acts. Instead, a majority of justices seemed to be looking for a way to provide at least some narrow protections for presidents, with some conservative justices concerned about hampering the power of future presidents. In contrast, the court’s liberal three justices as well as Justice Amy Coney Barrett stressed that a president is not above the law. Ann E. Marimow reports for the Washington Post; John Fritze, Tierney Sneed, and Marshall Cohen report for CNN.

Former President Trump’s hush money trial is continuing today. Prosecutors wrapped up their direct testimony with David Pecker, who was on the stand for three days describing how he worked with Trump and Cohen to suppress damaging press stories about Trump throughout the 2016 presidential campaign. Meanwhile, Judge Merchan’s next gag order hearing will take place on Thursday, May 2, following the prosecution filing a motion arguing that Trump has violated his gag order four more times over the past few days. Jeremy Herb, Lauren dal Valle, Kara Scannell, Nicki Brown, and Brynn Gingras report for CNN."

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,086
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options

Former President Trump said the possibility of political violence if he loses the election “depends on [its] fairness.” In an interview with TIME published yesterday, Trump commented on the prospect of political violence tied to November’s elections, saying  “I think we’re going to win. And if we don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of an election.” Trump repeated his unfounded claims that the last election was rigged by rivals, and said he is going to win because “I don’t believe they’ll be able to do the things that they did the last time. I don’t think they’ll be able to get away with it.” Vera Bergengruen and Eric Cortellessa report for TIME.  (Just CHEETO preparing the scene for the coming a$$ kicking.)

The judge overseeing Trump’s New York criminal trial yesterday ruled he violated the gag order against him and warned subsequent violations could result in jail time. Trump was ordered to pay a $9,000 fine, with Judge Merchan warning he would “impose an incarceratory punishment” if Trump continued to violate the gag order in the case. Merchan also said Trump must remove seven “offending” social media posts on his campaign website. Trump complied with the order just before the Tuesday deadline. Erin Doherty reports for Axios; Nick Robertson reports for The Hill

• lousubcap
    Options
    Upon further review (perhaps I'm a bit slow here); All his claims about the 2020 stolen election and the groundwork for losing in 2024 are addressed to the "we."  Ask yourself "who is the we?"  Once you know that demographic you will then understand the approach and the focus on The Base.  The Base is locked arms and will "Stand by Their Man" to the end.  Inroads with The Base requires conversation and critical thought.  Marginal at best.  
    So rolling into November you have roughly 43-47% of voters joined at the hip to CHEETO (unless some level of convictions move that).  Gonna be a challenge.  BTW; I am a life-long R that loathes CHEETO and votes for the person not the party.  
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.  Off soap-box.  Expect a few more as we get closer to November.  

• fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Former President Trump said the possibility of political violence if he loses the election “depends on [its] fairness.” In an interview with TIME published yesterday, Trump commented on the prospect of political violence tied to November’s elections, saying  “I think we’re going to win. And if we don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of an election.” Trump repeated his unfounded claims that the last election was rigged by rivals, and said he is going to win because “I don’t believe they’ll be able to do the things that they did the last time. I don’t think they’ll be able to get away with it.” Vera Bergengruen and Eric Cortellessa report for TIME.  (Just CHEETO preparing the scene for the coming a$$ kicking.)

The judge overseeing Trump’s New York criminal trial yesterday ruled he violated the gag order against him and warned subsequent violations could result in jail time. Trump was ordered to pay a $9,000 fine, with Judge Merchan warning he would “impose an incarceratory punishment” if Trump continued to violate the gag order in the case. Merchan also said Trump must remove seven “offending” social media posts on his campaign website. Trump complied with the order just before the Tuesday deadline. Erin Doherty reports for Axios; Nick Robertson reports for The Hill

I triple dog dare the judge to lock him up for speaking his mind against the gag order😁 probably the best thing to raise the Donald's poll numbers
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

I triple dog dare the judge to lock him up for speaking his mind against the gag order😁 probably the best thing to raise the Donald's poll numbers
    Were he anyone else, he would’ve already been thrown in the can. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I actually heard a plausible conversation that the judge plays the fine game til the completion of the trial and verdict.  Regardless of the result then tosses the CHEETO into the tank for a couple of days for the gag order violations. 
    Don't care about the poll numbers or the donations-his rosy red a$$ in jail would tighten his sphincter (or not depending on who was on first...) to a new place.
    That's my new happy place!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Dude... you've committed a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the triple dog dare!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Either way, it would just hand him the presidency.  Cnn and MSNBC can't shut up, they will get him elected one way or another. The Donald can't do it alone😁
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Either way, it would just hand him the presidency.  
    Maybe the difference between the two of us is that I don’t see that as a justification for anything.  

And for someone who said they don’t watch MSNBC, you sure do seem to pay attention to it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Maybe the difference between the two of us is that I don’t see that as a justification for anything.  

And for someone who said they don’t watch MSNBC, you sure do seem to pay attention to it.

no, actually i watched it exclusively for the whole hillary/ trump election......msnbc was a riot. if you missed the election night, that would be comparable to never seeing snl......as for justification, trump needs all the free press he can get, he has cash money, little donations coming in, no time to run with the trials, and the media will give it to him. they should know better, they did it before
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:

no, actually i watched it exclusively for the whole hillary/ trump election......msnbc was a riot. if you missed the election night, that would be comparable to never seeing snl......as for justification, trump needs all the free press he can get, he has cash money, little donations coming in, no time to run with the trials, and the media will give it to him. they should know better, they did it before
    Yes I had the same experience tuning in to Sean Hannity's radio show after the 2012 election.  Pure comedy.  But these days I couldn't tell you a single thing he's talking about, so your current preoccupation with MSNBC seems perverse.  

As for the "justification" it seems clear that you didn't understand what I meant, but, alas, here we are.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Former President Trump acknowledged he told the Secret Service on Jan. 6 that he would “like to go down” to the Capitol. The remark depicted a different tone of an event that became a contentious detail of former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony before the House committee that investigated the attack. Hutchinson testified that staff members told her Trump tried to grab the steering wheel in an armored SUV and lunged toward his security detail when he learned he would not be taken to the Capitol. In contrast, Trump said, “I sat in the back, and you know what I did say? I said, ‘I’d like to go down there because I see a lot of people walking down.’ They said, ‘Sir, it’s better if you don’t.’ I said, ‘Well, I’d like to. … Whatever you guys think.’” Zoë Richards reports for NBC News.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    hannity would be like watching the angle, not happening........used to watch the mornin joe back when he was cheating with the blond bimbo though, i think he thought nobody knew. thats along time ago though.  theres no justification in politics anymore, may the best man win doesnt work, most just follow the mantra
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Former President Trump acknowledged he told the Secret Service on Jan. 6 that he would “like to go down” to the Capitol. The remark depicted a different tone of an event that became a contentious detail of former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony before the House committee that investigated the attack. Hutchinson testified that staff members told her Trump tried to grab the steering wheel in an armored SUV and lunged toward his security detail when he learned he would not be taken to the Capitol. In contrast, Trump said, “I sat in the back, and you know what I did say? I said, ‘I’d like to go down there because I see a lot of people walking down.’ They said, ‘Sir, it’s better if you don’t.’ I said, ‘Well, I’d like to. … Whatever you guys think.’” Zoë Richards reports for NBC News.
    Oops!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Duncan is a Republican in Georgia.  He was the state's lieutenant governor from 2019-2023.  Here's the link to his piece:

https://www.ajc.com/opinion/geoff-duncan-why-im-voting-for-biden-and-other-republicans-should-too/LFLE5YWCBBA6VDGJAJKMNPCDKQ/

Know hope.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    A New York judge yesterday threatened to jail former President Trump after his latest violation of the gag order in his hush money criminal case. Judge Juan Merchan fined Trump $1,000 for his 10th violation of the order, per the court order. “Going forward, this court will have to consider a jail sanction,” Merchan said, warning that Trump’s “continued willful violation of this court’s orders threaten the administration of justice and constitute a direct attack on the rule of law.” Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said that Merchan’s jail warning was “authoritarian.” Erin Doherty reports for Axios.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Stormy took the stage today.  I'm sure the MSM will have fun with trying to describe the testimony and keep it SFW.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Stormy took the stage today.  I'm sure the MSM will have fun with trying to describe the testimony and keep it SFW.  
    I think maybe Stormy gave Trump a harder ride than he ever gave her…
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,552
    Options
    A basketball player just got fined $100,000 for throwing a towel onto the court.
    A traitor just got fined $1,000 (again) for threatening a witness with his cult, nationwide.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• lousubcap
    Options
    Shaking down the oil barons:
    CHEETO's latest-

“What Trump promised oil CEOs as he asked them to steer $1 billion to his campaign,” by WaPo’s Josh Dawsey and Maxine Joselow: “At the dinner [at Mar-a-Lago last month], he vowed to immediately reverse dozens of President Biden’s environmental rules and policies and stop new ones from being enacted … Giving $1 billion would be a ‘deal,’ Trump said, because of the taxation and regulation they would avoid thanks to him … Trump’s remarkably blunt and transactional pitch reveals how the former president is targeting the oil industry to finance his reelection bid. At the same time, he has turned to the industry to help shape his environmental agenda for a second term.”

The details: Trump told the oil execs he would undo the freeze on liquefied natural gas export permits, expand drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and the Alaskan Arctic, hammer wind power and trash Biden’s tailpipe emissions rules."

• lousubcap
    Options

Former President Trump’s criminal hush money trial continues today. Back on the witness stand is Madeleine Westerhout, a Trump aide who was working at the Republican National Committee when Trump’s “Access Hollywood” tape leaked just before the 2016 election. That tape is significant as prosecutors say the political firestorm it caused accelerated the payment to Daniels. The court yesterday heard testimony from Stormy Daniels; readers may be interested in this analysis by Just Security's Journalism Fellow, Adam Klasfeld. Jake Offenhartz, Jennifer Peltz, Michael R. Sisak, and Alanna Durkin Richer report for AP News.

Trump’s legal team was denied two requests yesterday in his ongoing hush money criminal trial. The first request was for a mistrial, with Trump’s attorney arguing some of Stormy Daniels’ testimony was unrelated to charges in the case. Trump’s attorneys also requested the gag order in the case be narrowed so he could talk about Daniels publicly, now that her testimony has wrapped up. Merchan denied the motion, saying, “The reason why the gag order is in place to begin with is precisely because of the nature of these attacks — the vitriol.” Sareen Habeshian reports for Axios.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options