Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Options

Comments

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,362
    edited April 23
    Options
    I guess you could call these out “pets” since my wife has taken it upon herself to feed every neighborhood cat in a mile radius of our house, even though they won’t let her pet them.  Working on getting them trapped to be fixed/spayed.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,365
    Options
    @alaskanassasin we have our guy enrolled in puppy school. He graduates on May 4th assuming he passes his test. Loose leash walking and recall are key. He has an advanced Canine Good Citizen class starting in June. Hope the older pup gets better 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,341
    Options
    I guess you could call these out “pets” since my wife has taken it upon herself to feed every neighborhood cat in a mile radius of our house, even though they won’t let her pet them.  Working on getting them trapped to be fixed/spayed.
    Yes, the local Karens fed and spayed the feral cats then returned them to MY property. I also have a set of 4 of almost identical coloring though I have never fed them or exchanged a civil word with them. As another coincidence I am wearing a pair of those Croc Slides in that color right now.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,478
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Baaaaaad dogs
    Are you sure a cat didn’t sneak in?

This is my inherited cat. Neighbors outside kitty. They’re moving. He’s not. He sleeps in the dormer
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy yeah we have a local charity that will provide the traps and do all the fixing, etc... for a donations.  The black and white one is the mom to the two closest to the basket.  The orange ones have appeared out of no where.  The local foxes are not doing their job apparently.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,249
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Baaaaaad dogs
    Devastating 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Baaaaaad dogs
    Devastating 
    Momma ain’t happy. And both pups know it 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,249
    Options
    @ColbyLang if mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,708
    Options
    How do you like the propane XL?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,716
    Options
    it only took 5 months for me to get 'approved' to post. :)  Let's start with the doggos 
    Cute pups! Welcome to the forum! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    What do you have wrapped in insulation @Hook_emHornsfan_74 ?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,372
    Options
    I'm betting palm trees.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @alaskanassasin palm trees.  They were completely wrapped for the winter, but the 50-60 mph wind storms we have been having this spring didn’t help.  They are supposed to come remove it and trim them in the next couple of weeks. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,230
    Options
    @alaskanassasin palm trees.  They were completely wrapped for the winter, but the 50-60 mph wind storms we have been having this spring didn’t help.  They are supposed to come remove it and trim them in the next couple of weeks. 
    Are these newly planted Palms, or do you do this every winter?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac no we have had them since we put the pool in.  Something like 20+ years.  We have them wrapped every year because I can't imagine what it would cost to have them removed if they died.  Our winters, like yours probably, are really up and down, so it's not worth the risk of losing them.  We had a fourth one, but it didn't make it.  Was a little less than half that height.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Pretty cool @Hook_emHornsfan_74 thanks for sharing, I like your spot. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    keener75 said:
    10 years young!!
    He still acts like a two year old puppy when someone knocks on the door.
    He looks like he loves his Bday hat!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    My grilling buddy for the last 13 years is slowing down.  She has had a rough go of it lately and she has now developed a heart murmur.  Don’t know anything about that, but they did bloodwork and not heartworm.  So there is that.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Pretty cool @Hook_emHornsfan_74 thanks for sharing, I like your spot. 
    @alaskanassasin Thanks!  I can’t take much credit. My wife works really hard at it. She works from home so she has the time.  We haven’t cleaned it up yet since our springs are awful here with all the dust storms.   Here are some pics of the back yard. We really enjoy it. 
    That is absolutely gorgeous!  I see why you take such care of the palms.  They are honestly some of the most substantial palms I have ever seen!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,843
    Options
    My grilling buddy for the last 13 years is slowing down.  She has had a rough go of it lately and she has now developed a heart murmur.  Don’t know anything about that, but they did bloodwork and not heartworm.  So there is that.

one of my britts turns 13 in a couple months, dug out an old bottle of chondroitin and glucosamine last night. his rear legs are slowing down. with the murmur, he had it for about a year and it went away so hopefully your pup gets better.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    My Weimaraner, Otto, had a murmur. Turned out to be congestive heart failure. Hereditary. I pumped him full of heart drugs for almost 3 years. In the end I couldn’t watch him suffer anymore 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My Weimaraner, Otto, had a murmur. Turned out to be congestive heart failure. Hereditary. I pumped him full of heart drugs for almost 3 years. In the end I couldn’t watch him suffer anymore 
    She has been tough, but watching her slow up and sleep a lot is hard.  I switched her diet and she lost a fair bit of weight which has helped her energy level.

She has tangled with coyotes 3 times (twice they caught her, but she got loose), tangled with a snake, and suffered through valley fever for 2 years.  We got her when she was just under a year old and we were her 4th home.  She had been locked in a crate for most of her early months and got into rat poison once too, I know that because when we got her they had her records and she was touch and go for a while.  Thankfully the original owners had pet insurance and the vet did a great job saving her.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,365
    Options
    He’s looking at me like wtf, dude. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 327
    Options
    While certainly not pets, here are this year's littermates. Started feeding the breeding pair a couple of years ago and these are the fruits of that labor. Last year's kits didn't show up until they were much larger. These little ones are stinking adorable. There are actually four of them. The fourth was off eating. These three were running and tumbling for the better part of 20 mins.  Definitely great evening entertainment. 

Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,091
    Options
    One of his favorite spots in the house (mine too):

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,843
    edited April 28
    Options