Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Chicken is HIGH! - (cannabis infused bbq sauce)

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    paqman said:
    One to consider when I'm in Canada. :)
    @Stormbringer poutine sauce 🤣😂

Guess who’s crossing the river tomorrow?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Neat. I think this may be the first cannabis-infused cook I’ve ever seen on here. 

The chicken looks great. The perfect precursor to a bag of Cheetos. 😂

What kind of dosage does it work out to per serving?
    There have been plenty of cannabis infused cooks her, cooks being the operative word 
    Confirmed 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,702
    Options
    Well, would you look at the people rolling into this thread. I don't now why the forum is dying, but I have a hunch.
    Not a felon
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,135
    Options
    @paqman I'll be looking for this when I'm in NL in June. :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 173
    Options
    paqman said:
    One to consider when I'm in Canada. :)
    @Stormbringer poutine sauce 🤣😂

Lol…

If after eating poutine you don’t feel like taking a nap enough, let’s infuse that stuff! Classic!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Well, would you look at the people rolling into this thread. I don't now why the forum is dying, but I have a hunch.
    There was no context provided for this comment, but I am curious as to what is meant here. 

Extra points for using “rolling into this thread”. 
  • Legume
    Options
    Nothing more than a simple call back to a loaded comment a recent forum leaver posted while announcing their quitting the forum (which is alway weird to me vs you know, just stop visiting the forum).
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,801
    Options
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard the word “leaver” before. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nothing more than a simple call back to a loaded comment a recent forum leaver posted while announcing their quitting the forum (which is alway weird to me vs you know, just stop visiting the forum).
    What had they said? And how does it relate to this post? The inference that I understood was that maybe posts such as this were driving people away. Just curious to better understand what is meant if I am interpreting correctly. 
  • Legume
    edited April 18
    Options
    Legume said:
    What had they said? And how does it relate to this post? The inference that I understood was that maybe posts such as this were driving people away. Just curious to better understand what is meant if I am interpreting correctly. 

If you promise to chill out, not look for meaning where there isn't any and generally let it go, here it is, verbatim. 

Don't click unless you agree with these terms.

I have my own suspicions why the forum isn’t as active as in past years.
    Not a felon
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 173
    Options
    I’m so confused. 
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,951
    Options
    cmac610 said:
    I’m so confused. 
    Maybe legume doesn't live in a weed free zone😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Options
    Are there weed free zones? From my vantage there are places where you can buy it legally and places that have an abundance of billboards advertising lawyers that specialize in possession charges.  It must be everywhere, as it always has been.

There is nothing to understand or be confused about. I repeated a comment made by an ex forum member and now we're having committee meetings about it.

To be honest, I feel like I've learned to write in Fishless.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    Are there weed free zones? From my vantage there are places where you can buy it legally and places that have an abundance of billboards advertising lawyers that specialize in possession charges.  It must be everywhere, as it always has been.

There is nothing to understand or be confused about. I repeated a comment made by an ex forum member and now we're having committee meetings about it.

The student has become the master........😁
    fukahwee maine

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,401
    Options
    cmac610 said:
    I’m so confused. 
    Dazed and confused?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I don’t get the controversy. Just trying to understand the comment linking this thread and the decline of the forum. That was it. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    cmac610 said:
    I’m so confused. 
    Dazed and confused?
    The lights are off....the curtains drawn.....the unmarked car across the street could be an egghead looking for chicken.......
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Options
    I don't know why the forum is dying.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    Or leavering
    fukahwee maine

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Or leavering
    Seems that many are returnering.
  • Legume
    Options
    Will there be a new forum for chimineas?
    Not a felon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Legume said:

I miss the Fishless from years back that always used a surfeit of emojis/emoticons.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Legume said:

I miss the Fishless from years back that always used a surfeit of emojis/emoticons.

It's easier than spelling out sarcasim.....did I spell that write😆
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Remember that time the forum was down for like two weeks and someone had to email the Buffalo (who reads every thread) and tell him?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,250
    Options
    Remember that time the forum was down for like two weeks and someone had to email the Buffalo (who reads every thread) and tell him?
    Yep, that was wild.  In his defense, it wasn’t down for him.  The Buffalo could log on and see the threads and comments as usual.  He just didn’t notice that nothing was changing, for nearly two weeks.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,800
    Options
    As above, from The Buffalo's viewpoint everything looked normal once corporate got the site back on line.  It was suggested that he log in from an outside host.  Once he did that he saw the secondary issue and eventually got it sorted out.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Maybe he thought we all went on vacation.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Options
    BUT I DON'T SEE THE RELEVANCE TO THIS THREAD

Let's honor the OP's groundbreaking post and get some more recipes up here.

Today I learned what decarboxylation is wrt cannabis cooking.  

I remember some friends in college that would simmer weed in butter and then make brownies with it, right up until they one time they left it on the stove too long at too high of a temp with a lid on the pan and when they lifted the lid, big fire.  3rd degree burns, several surgeries, apartment ruined.  SV sounds like the safer way to go.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    BUT I DON'T SEE THE RELEVANCE TO THIS THREAD

Let's honor the OP's groundbreaking post and get some more recipes up here.

Today I learned what decarboxylation is wrt cannabis cooking.  

I remember some friends in college that would simmer weed in butter and then make brownies with it, right up until they one time they left it on the stove too long at too high of a temp with a lid on the pan and when they lifted the lid, big fire.  3rd degree burns, several surgeries, apartment ruined.  SV sounds like the safer way to go.

not letting it get over 185f keeps it from getting bitter as well with the butter from what ive read. i know you drink beer while making beer, so how does one make cannabis butter stovetop for 6 hours.......
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,697
    Options
    Wish I didn't get rid of this thrift store impulse buy, used it few times to infuse chili oil. Less mess than oil in bags, worked quite well. Having seller remorse.https://youtu.be/YJ2CZ0HQwVE?feature=shared
    canuckland