Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Chicken is HIGH! - (cannabis infused bbq sauce)

Options
I was never a big “Mary Jane” guy growing up, but as I got older and more banged up…and since it’s now legalized in most states, I’ve been dabbling in to cannabis to help with aches and pains especially while sleeping. 

That being said, I think we’re just a few years away from seeing some super creative uses in restaurants…cannabis tasting menus, infused cocktail programs, etc. It’s pretty interesting stuff. 

So I’ve been messing around with infusing bbq sauces. This one was a spicy buffalo wing sauce infused with cannabis hot honey. Used it to glaze these smoked and butter braised half chickens. 

Kept the dosage very low, but these came out super tasty. Looking fwd to experimenting more in the future. Anyone else cooking with cannabis?

Craig aka Cmac Cooks
Amesbury, MA
#BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Neat. I think this may be the first cannabis-infused cook I’ve ever seen on here. 

The chicken looks great. The perfect precursor to a bag of Cheetos. 😂

What kind of dosage does it work out to per serving?
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 154
    Options
    Neat. I think this may be the first cannabis-infused cook I’ve ever seen on here. 

Love it…Cheetos! So I was going for around 5 mg per serving, although because it was really just the glaze, I’m guessing that a half chicken is probably about half of that. 
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,090
    Options
    One to consider when I'm in Canada. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,444
    Options
    As far as food manufacturing goes…it’s an odd path. We can’t bake THC edibles in the same facility as non THC……unless the laws/rules change. We were aiming to be one of the first in Louisiana mass producing brownies/cookies/something. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,810
    Options
    weed, unsalted butter, 185f degrees in a sous vide for 6 hours......toast the weed first in the oven. i know this guy......looks easier with the honey but im told you want to infuse in fat
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,444
    Options
    weed, unsalted butter, 185f degrees in a sous vide for 6 hours......toast the weed first in the oven. i know this guy......looks easier with the honey but im told you want to infuse in fat
    This is correct. That’s why THC for edibles is done via oil
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Another great use for the SV! Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,779
    Options

There have been plenty of cannabis infused cooks her, cooks being the operative word 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:

There have been plenty of cannabis infused cooks her, cooks being the operative word 
    lol. 
  • cmac610
    edited April 16
    Options
    Yep. My next batch will be decarbed and infused in to butter and oils. But the honeys are really tasty!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    Grabbed a cream soda out of the fridge a few weeks back, took a sip and said this tastes like crap. Went to dump it and was warned it was a $7.00 weed drink and not to waste it. Plugged my nose and put it down as fast as possible. Proceeded to finish watching a TV show that had maybe 15 minutes left before I started supper. Fast forward to after the show and I don't think I could get off the couch if I wanted to and using a knife would likely not be a great idea. Sat there for a good hour and a half trying to focus before I could confidently walk again. Too much of a head spin buzz, that I did not care for. I think I'll stick to whiskey
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,561
    Options
    Great topic to keep the forum life support remain plugged.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,454
    Options
    I'm with you @Canugghead!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Another great use for the SV! Lol

its great for the  folks that cant pay attention and maintain 185 degrees in a double boiler stove top for 6 straight hours.......could be why a sous vide was invented in the first place =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    poster said:
    Grabbed a cream soda out of the fridge a few weeks back, took a sip and said this tastes like crap. Went to dump it and was warned it was a $7.00 weed drink and not to waste it. Plugged my nose and put it down as fast as possible. Proceeded to finish watching a TV show that had maybe 15 minutes left before I started supper. Fast forward to after the show and I don't think I could get off the couch if I wanted to and using a knife would likely not be a great idea. Sat there for a good hour and a half trying to focus before I could confidently walk again. Too much of a head spin buzz, that I did not care for. I think I'll stick to whiskey
    bourbon ipa and stouts for me, the doctor said i should maybe stop that til i brought up trying weed...... =)

fukahwee maine

• cmac610
    Options
    poster said:
    Too much of a head spin buzz, that I did not care for. I think I'll stick to whiskey
    I'm not about to give up my bourbons, but check out Levity's Mellow Mash. From their website:

Levity Cannabis Spirits’ take on bourbon utilizes full-spectrum hemp extract and natural flavors instead of alcohol to achieve a smooth spirit with notes of oak smoke, bourbon, and naturally occurring Delta-9 THC. Mellow Mash's proprietary lipid solubility tech disrupts the cannabis beverage industry, enhancing versatility.. Mellow Mash contains 2 mg THC, 1 mg CBD, and 1 mg of CBG per fluid ounce, 50 mg of Delta 9 THC per bottle.
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    This can had 10mg THC, not sure if that's lots or light weight territory, but that's all i needed,lol
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    poster said:
    This can had 10mg THC, not sure if that's lots or light weight territory, but that's all i needed,lol

I can see why you couldn't get off the couch if that is something you don't partake in normally with 10mg!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 946
    Options
    Edibles don't work for me. Some people don't metabolize THC. I've tried everything, even ate an entire medical grade 100mg fruity pebbles treat (most edibles are 5mg). Nothing. So I vape concentrated rosin in an electric puffco peak. I use weed for pain and would rather not smoke it so much, so the edibles would have been much better and would have lasted longer as well. Still .. weed is way better than the 600mg daily dose of oxycontin I was on for fourteen years straight. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,021
    Options
    Well… now we’re cooking with grass!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Well… now we’re cooking with grass!

might be good in a chocolate pot served with a brownie.....
    fukahwee maine

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    Options
    A pot de pot crème!

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    poster said:

10mg will many non-initiated out of commission for the night. Even 2.5mg will make some super sleepy. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I grew up in the sixties and seventies,  with seven brother and one sister. I'm next to the youngest so some of my brothers were much older than me. When they started smoking weed in high school my parents were confused. They used to let my brothers have friends over before high school and they would sit and smoke weed in their bedroom. Around that time there were reports in the media that men who smoked weed would start to grow boobs (not kidding). One morning my father burst into their bedroom while they were smoking and yelled "I hope you all grow t!ts". I've never heard laughter like that day. My father was **** like I've never seen. I will never forget that day.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,021
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    I grew up in the sixties and seventies,  with seven brother and one sister. I'm next to the youngest so some of my brothers were much older than me. When they started smoking weed in high school my parents were confused. They used to let my brothers have friends over before high school and they would sit and smoke weed in their bedroom. Around that time there were reports in the media that men who smoked weed would start to grow boobs (not kidding). One morning my father burst into their bedroom while they were smoking and yelled "I hope you all grow t!ts". I've never heard laughter like that day. My father was **** like I've never seen. I will never forget that day.
    Well, what happened to your brothers?  Have they started wearing manzieres?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Well, what happened to your brothers?  Have they started wearing manzieres?
    Or do they lean/sag(?) more towards bros?
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    Their breasts look totally normal. I know because I see them when we wash down at the creek weekly. Over time it was my father's breasts that started to drop. I think he should have smoked pot with my brothers. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    Also, one time a friend of mine 's big sister had a party. We were maybe fifteen but they let us in, it was packed, they gave us beers. I saw my older brothers come in and followed them down to the basement. My friends father was there. My brothers showed up with a black face mask attached to three bowls sticking out. My brother put it on his face and my buddies father screamed "what the f&$k is that?" My brother took it off of his face and said "it's bong". My friends father screamed at the top of his lungs .. "a bomb! Get that fu@#ing thing out of my house!". 

Again there was a lot of laughing..

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    One to consider when I'm in Canada. :)
    @Stormbringer poutine sauce 🤣😂