Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    A quite scary segment of 60 Minutes last night.  They're even a threat to "normal" republicans.

https://youtu.be/e3guirxwrXc?si=8DQYBmWrqLvj6uoN

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,451
    Options
    Former President Trump’s attorneys requested a 30-day extension yesterday on the time limit to pay a $355 million civil fraud trial verdict levied against him last week.The attorneys argued that New York Attorney General Letitia James is in an “unseemly rush to memorialize” the judgment, and that a stay would “allow for an orderly post-Judgment process, particularly given the magnitude of the Judgment.” It follows James saying she could seize some of Trump’s assets if he could not come up with the funds. Nick Robertson reports for The Hill.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,016
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options

"Former President Trump’s legal team filed multiple motions yesterday urging a federal judge in Florida to dismiss a case charging him with illegally retaining classified documents, arguing in part that presidential immunity protects Trump from prosecution. Attorneys Christopher Kise and Todd Blanche wrote that the charges “turn on his alleged decision to designate records as personal under the Presidential Records Act (PRA) and to cause the records to be moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago.” They also argued that Attorney General Merrick Garland’s appointment of special counsel Jack Smith to investigate the prosecution case was “unlawful” and grounds for dismissing the documents case. AP News reports. 

New York Justice Arthur Engoron rejected Trump’s request to postpone enforcement of a $355 million judgment in the civil fraud trial over his business practices. Sareen Habeshian reports for Axios."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,899
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Former President Trump’s attorneys requested a 30-day extension yesterday on the time limit to pay a $355 million civil fraud trial verdict levied against him last week.The attorneys argued that New York Attorney General Letitia James is in an “unseemly rush to memorialize” the judgment, and that a stay would “allow for an orderly post-Judgment process, particularly given the magnitude of the Judgment.” It follows James saying she could seize some of Trump’s assets if he could not come up with the funds. Nick Robertson reports for The Hill.

@lousubcap - hidden in the request for an extension was an attempt to change the addresses of his trusts and LLC's at risk of being attached from New York City to addresses in Florida. Judge Engoron responded to the lawyer who filed the request"You have failed to explain, much less justify, any basis for a stay" 

Oh and by the way, the figure is not $355 million. With N.Y. interest of 9% for each separate charge from different dates, that is about $111,000 per day, starting today. So today that figure starts at $454 million. He has 30 days to possibly obtain a stay but the interest still accrues each day until he gets a stay. If he is not successful in getting a stay, Letitia James can start taking assets and selling them at auction until she has gotten the full amount of the fine. First on the list will be 40 Wall Street. Don't think any bond company will step up to give him a bond since the properties are probably collateral for loans to keep him afloat. Oh and he also cannot borrow money from any bank that is chartered in New York per the judgement. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Botch
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Oh and by the way, the figure is not $355 million. With N.Y. interest of 9% for each separate charge from different dates, that is about $111,000 per day, starting today. So today that figure starts at $454 million. He has 30 days to possibly obtain a stay but the interest still accrues each day until he gets a stay. If he is not successful in getting a stay, Letitia James can start taking assets and selling them at auction until she has gotten the full amount of the fine. 
    A couple days ago I read a great "Tale of Two Billionaires", and how the MAGAts were so supportive of one, and so blindingly hateful towards another.
    The first one was soliciting money for himself, to pay financial fines against himself, for years of breaking NY laws by himself, and his "go-fund-me"  was collecting about $100,000/day (for the first two days, at least) that would just pay the interest on his fines, as you mentioned.  A multi-billionaire was soliciting funds from the fu*&$ng  stupi   ...less-educated to pay for his $350 million fine.  
    The second billionaire also had a single-day transaction, also about $100,000.  But She didn't request it, she donated it; to the family of a lady/mother who was shot to death by a Kansas-based well-regulated militia, during a Super Bowl celebration parade (along with over 20 others, many of them kids).  
    It's been generally accepted that the first Billionaire was worth so much more than the second Billionaire, but I'm not so sure anymore (and I'm only talking net-worth here).  Yet the MAGAts continue to support the first billionaire.  

Why?  A good question for us to ask some of our family members, coworkers, neighbors, etc.  wtff.  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• lousubcap
    Options
    That first one is "all about me", does not care about any oath taken to support and defend, loser and is a narcissist.
    That second billionaire sits back (to a point-until at a concert venue) and is not so insecure as the small hands first one.
    Second one is talented, focused and not self-serving. 
    First one is scared that losing his voice (lead singer) is going to lead to his demise and fall.  In the first one's case, well deserved. 
    Meanwhile the second one needs to get right with football.  =)

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A letter to the Washington Post:

• lousubcap
    Options
    START THE CLOCK: Manhattan Supreme Court Judge ARTHUR ENGORON finalized his judgment yesterday in Donald Trump’s New York civil fraud case, formally requiring Donald Trump to start payments toward the $454 million in fines and interest he owes the state, AP’s Jake Offenhartz and Michael Sisak report: “The formalized verdict gives Trump a 30-day window to appeal, which he has vowed to do. Within that same time frame, he must deposit ‘sufficient funds’ in a court-controlled account or secure a bond for the total amount.”
  • Botch
    Options
    I'd just read that the "Terms and Conditions" disclaimer at the very bottom of mussolini's website had some really interesting points.  I found the purchase website, here:
    https://gettrumpsneakers.com/
    I did click on the "Terms and Conditions" at the bottom, and half-read/half-skimmed it, but I have to admit the last time I actually read a "Terms and Conditions" was back in my Atari days.  So maybe that's all standard boilerplate these days, I don't know.  
    But, take a look thru the purchasing website above; I found it.... something... (and the true photos of djt, without all the PSed-in wrinkles and fat, are a true godsend.  :rofl:  

• JohnInCarolina
    edited February 25
    Options
    Legume said:
    That seems like a lot of money!
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    @Legume - I think the above is just for the New York Civil fraud trial. For the E. Jean Carroll defamation case he owes 83.3 million dollars which finished January 26. She will be able to start going after his assets on March 7, unless the former President posts a bond for the whole amount of fine to pursue an appeal. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • lousubcap
    Options

"Former President Trump, his adult sons, and two former Trump Organization officials have appealed the $464 million judgment entered against them in the New York attorney general’s civil fraud case. The Trumps filed a notice of appeal with the court yesterday, the first business day after Judge Engoron made the judgment official. Trump is personally liable for $454 million, which includes interest payments that are currently accruing at a daily rate of $112,000. Kara Scannell reports for CNN.

Prosecutors asked the judge overseeing the hush money criminal case against Trump to issue a gag order restricting his public statements about witnesses, jurors, lawyers, and court staff. In a 30-page court filing made public yesterday, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office cited Trump’s “long history of making public and inflammatory remarks about the participants in various judicial proceedings against him.” A spokesperson for Trump called the request “an unconstitutional infringement on President Trump’s First Amendment rights, including his ability to defend himself, and the rights of all Americans to hear from President Trump.” Erica Orden reports for POLITICO."

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Legume - I think the above is just for the New York Civil fraud trial. For the E. Jean Carroll defamation case he owes 83.3 million dollars which finished January 26. She will be able to start going after his assets on March 7, unless the former President posts a bond for the whole amount of fine to pursue an appeal. 
    Yes, and isn't it beautiful?!
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    @Legume - 'Tis - does not appear he has the ready cash to make either payment.

According to a Forbes article from Oct 7, 2021, he has a debt of $134,000.000 for 40 Wall Street due in 2025. That along with his other properties he has debts of 1.3 Billion dollars. 

Link to article:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/07/trumps-debt-now-totals-an-estimated-13-billion/?sh=4d6d90514575
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Legume - 'Tis - does not appear he has the ready cash to make either payment.

According to a Forbes article from Oct 7, 2021, he has a debt of $134,000.000 for 40 Wall Street due in 2025. That along with his other properties he has debts of 1.3 Billion dollars. 

Link to article:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/10/07/trumps-debt-now-totals-an-estimated-13-billion/?sh=4d6d90514575
    I think they should take his high profile bldgs and use them to house the immigrants Abbott has bused to NYC.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited February 29
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,804
    Options

trump made appointing  supreme court justices a hugely important role for a president, i guess more so than one would have thought at the time =) 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

trump made appointing  supreme court justices a hugely important role for a president, i guess more so than one would have thought at the time =)  
    No, most people knew exactly how consequential the 2016 election was at the time, and the likely implications for the Supreme Court.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,804
    Options

No, most people knew exactly how consequential the 2016 election was at the time, and the likely implications for the Supreme Court.  

i dont remember anyone saying trump is putting together a supreme court to save his arse 4 years later at the time......many other things were said but not that =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

i dont remember anyone saying trump is putting together a supreme court to save his arse 4 years later at the time......many other things were said but not that =)
    You’re right, let’s hope people don’t underestimate his destructive ability again.
  • lousubcap
    Options

"The Supreme Court yesterday agreed to decide whether former President Trump may claim immunity in the election subversion case. The court expedited the case and will hear arguments the week of April 22. John Fritze reports for CNN.

An Illinois judge ruled yesterday that Trump should be removed from the state’s primary ballot because of the 14th Amendment ban on insurrectionists holding office. Illinois became the third state, along with Colorado and Maine, to kick Trump off the primary ballot. Both states’ rulings are on hold pending an appeal of the Colorado decision to the U.S. Supreme Court. Patrick Svitek reports for the Washington Post.

A New York appellate court yesterday denied Trump’s attempt to freeze the judgment in his civil fraud case, a ruling that means, for now, he is required to post a bond for $454 million in the coming weeks. Peter Charalambous and Aaron Katersky report for ABC News."

Trump has appealed an Illinois judge’s decision that disqualified him from the state’s upcoming Republican primary ballot. While Cook County Circuit Judge Tracie Porter extended the pause on her ruling, which was set to expire this weekend, the move preserves Trump’s spot on the ballot until all appeals are settled. Marshall Cohen reports for CNN.

Attorneys for special counsel Jack Smith and Trump proposed new trial dates yesterday for Trump’s criminal trial on charges that he mishandled classified documents and national security secrets. Federal prosecutors proposed a start date of July 8. Trump’s attorneys suggested, in the alternative, that he stand trial Aug. 12, while also seeking to have the proceeding postponed until after the election. If District Court Judge Aileen Cannon agrees to Trump’s proposed date, the timing could conflict with Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’s trial plans for the Trump election interference case in Georgia. Her office is seeking an August trial date. Dareh Gregorian reports for NBC News.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Just a carnival barker right there.  It's been a while so, "CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!"
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    CHEETO is a "CHEETO first" marketeer.  Any publicity is good in CHEETO's crowd.  Independent thinking for the acolytes is never gonna happen.  CHEETO is a loser.  Narcissist and a small hands shirker.  I loathe CHEETO.