Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Loot

Options
Anyone get anything egg or grill related?  Even if it was a gift to yourself? 

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,545
    Options
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    I got some rubs from Penzey's and olive oils and balsamic vinegars.  Used some of them for dinner tonight.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,097
    Options
    @StillH2OEgger might get a kick out of this. I recommend this place on your behalf for my Mom when she was up in Duluth. Guess what I received for Christmas????

She absolutely loved it. I need to get myself up there and try this place out. The recipes look fantastic!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,386
    Options
    That mosaic pin is intricate 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Got a bbq related gift…can’t complain.
    Options
    And a new scale
    Options

My neighbor bought me this BBQ related shirt.  She said this will save me from eternal hell as well as a few bucks if I use coupons diligently.
    Options
    Damn…I need a haircut 
    Options
    @nolaegghead , those are some nice speakers.  Hope you’re having a good holiday season. You are lookin great. Ugly… but definitely a healthy weight and I envy your flowing hair. :)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,800
    Options
    @nolaegghead- glad you have surfaced.  Thanks for posting.  No comment on the haircut.  
    Be mindful of your incredible weight loss.
    Belated Merry Christmas🎄  Forum Zoom Friday night.⚡️
    Invite Linda!!😎
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    Damn…and here I bought myself a 2024 Westie calendar plus an indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer thinking I really splurged!
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,760
    edited December 2023
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @StillH2OEgger might get a kick out of this. I recommend this place on your behalf for my Mom when she was up in Duluth. Guess what I received for Christmas????

She absolutely loved it. I need to get myself up there and try this place out. The recipes look fantastic!
    Thanks! It's on my list, but would love to hear what you think about the book. Since my last visit they have moved into a larger space in the basement of the same building they were already in -- the additional space and seating was definitely needed.

Also: Not sure if this is behind paywall or not, but here is where I learned of the book and additional background. Their attention to detail is remarkable.

https://www.startribune.com/duluth-northern-waters-smokehaus-new-cookbook-cajun-finn-north-shore/600323424/
    Stillwater, MN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,629
    Options
    RRP said:
    Damn…and here I bought myself a 2024 Westie calendar plus an indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer thinking I really splurged!
    Ron!  You should wait until at least mid-January to buy yourself a dog calendar at the mall, when they're 75% off!
    Just don't forget all about it, like I usually do.  I had to check, my Corgi calendar on the kitchen wall is from 2020.  (I've set an alarm on my Mac for Jan 15th)   ;)

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,930
    Options
    Seeing that cool prize was from a single barrel then perhaps some of you older chaps here might remember an egger named “Chubby”. 

From what the “Spring Chicken” has told me his good friend Evans (Chubby) is heavily (NO PUN INTENDED) involved with some large group who research and invest in an ever growing network of people buying single barrel bourbons! Reputation plus past successes are so important…but the wait time doesn’t appeal to everyone,,,myself included as I don’t even buy green bananas! 
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    @ColtsFan Your wife is a keeper. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Ron!  You should wait until at least mid-January to buy yourself a dog calendar at the mall, when they're 75% off!
    Just don't forget all about it, like I usually do.  I had to check, my Corgi calendar on the kitchen wall is from 2020.  (I've set an alarm on my Mac for Jan 15th)   ;)
    These posts reminded me that Otto (our pup) got his sisters (three cats) a calendar gift this year.  It’s one of these:

True story: these things are made in China, and despite ordering one months ago, it only arrived a few days before Christmas.  It is a cheap af calendar, but worth it for the laughs.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,629
    Options
    Glad to see these guys are still in business:  https://despair.com/

Back when I was working I always bought one of their calendars to be proudly displayed in my cubicle or office.

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Got a Sous Vide... used it last night to reheat Tri Tip off the egg.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,097
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Thanks! It's on my list, but would love to hear what you think about the book. Since my last visit they have moved into a larger space in the basement of the same building they were already in -- the additional space and seating was definitely needed.

Also: Not sure if this is behind paywall or not, but here is where I learned of the book and additional background. Their attention to detail is remarkable.

https://www.startribune.com/duluth-northern-waters-smokehaus-new-cookbook-cajun-finn-north-shore/600323424/

Thank you for the link. That was a great read. I've only had a few minutes to flip through the book but you could tell it wasn't thrown together or an afterthought. It's seems like a very detailed book with attention to detail. I'm looking forward to spending some time and diving into it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota