Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,982
    Options
    Dobie said:
    @JohnInCarolina the feline mafia approves? 
    It’s a truce at the moment!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    46 pound Bougie mutt and 85 pound Boxer.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Dobie said:
    @JohnInCarolina the feline mafia approves? 
    It’s a truce at the moment!
    Well it will be entertaining at least!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy, that’s one good looking Sheepadoodle. We too just opted for the fuggin jumbo crate. 99% sure I could get into it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    PSA in case your pooch has not reminded you, today is National Dog Day.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    PSA in case your pooch has not reminded you, today is National Dog Day.
    They got peppermint chew sticks.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Wife’s Saturday morning ritual, wash, blow dry, brush.   I’ve never been more envious of a dog bc I don’t get any of that.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    A tired dog is a good dog. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Dobie said:
    A tired dog is a good dog. 
    Until you find out what he was busy tearing up.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

its time to give her a longer leash =) why the two leash harness/collar setup. 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @northGAcock, reminds me of my Mom’s Boston Terrier last night. I shook my head at her and said “You dirty, dirty girl” then the scrubbing commenced:
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,583
    Options
    @fishlessman. When we rescued our two little girls from a puppy mill we had to leave a long leash on them just so we could stand on the leash they were super skittish and that was the only way we could catch them. Not sure of John’s set up
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman. When we rescued our two little girls from a puppy mill we had to leave a long leash on them just so we could stand on the leash they were super skittish and that was the only way we could catch them. Not sure of John’s set up

it just looks odd, attached to the dog twice, offering a tripping mechanism to the fold.  long leash is standard for early training, voice commands like come (i use a harsh HUP for that as i dont like neighbors knowing my dog is a bout).  my standard is a long rope, dog whistle, feild training collar that beeps, eventually trading off to just the whistle.   i only start with puppies now, though i really dont like puppies until they are atleast 2 ;) am familiar with strays, took in a german shepard once and found out quickly the dog was beaten down with a large chain in someones basement. afraid of anything around his neck, some scaring that showed the weapon of choice once it healed and deadly scared going down any stairs . good dog for a few years but he eventually snapped...the early abuse was just too much

my current dog is twelve so its time to add a pup, the dog book i have talks about brittany spanials, it says....never throw your brittany =) obviously they bred britts.....crazy breed the first 12 years or so
    fukahwee maine

• TheFishWhisperer
    Options

it just looks odd, attached to the dog twice, offering a tripping mechanism to the fold.  long leash is standard for early training, voice commands like come (i use a harsh HUP for that as i dont like neighbors knowing my dog is a bout).  my standard is a long rope, dog whistle, feild training collar that beeps, eventually trading off to just the whistle.   i only start with puppies now, though i really dont like puppies until they are atleast 2 ;) am familiar with strays, took in a german shepard once and found out quickly the dog was beaten down with a large chain in someones basement. afraid of anything around his neck, some scaring that showed the weapon of choice once it healed and deadly scared going down any stairs . good dog for a few years but he eventually snapped...the early abuse was just too much

my current dog is twelve so its time to add a pup, the dog book i have talks about brittany spanials, it says....never throw your brittany =) obviously they bred britts.....crazy breed the first 12 years or so
    Dogs understand me.  It’s people who think the words coming out of my mouth don’t make much sense.  
  • fishlessman
    Options

Dogs understand me.  It’s people who think the words coming out of my mouth don’t make much sense.  

talking to you is like talking to a puppy
    fukahwee maine

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Most people don't think the words coming out of my mouth make sense either. Dogs ignore me. I just don't get it.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    That's odd, I use Hup to mean jump up into the vehicle. It's said but previous owner abuse is the reason that I buy new pups only since I like dogs that are big enough that they could be dangerous if not even tempered and well trained. My Dad's Boston Terrier was obviously kicked around by a previous owner. It took some months before she decided that she liked me.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

That’s not our rigging - all of it is what the current foster owner is using.  Remember we just have him on loan. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    That's odd, I use Hup to mean jump up into the vehicle. It's said but previous owner abuse is the reason that I buy new pups only since I like dogs that are big enough that they could be dangerous if not even tempered and well trained. My Dad's Boston Terrier was obviously kicked around by a previous owner. It took some months before she decided that she liked me.

HUP is a brittany flushing command. britts will point and hold point til commanded to flush. i use it more general with hand commands, mostly come, home, point directions for him to find his prey. not so much for flushing as i dont hunt. it grabs his attention, he stops and looks back and figures out what i want from signals and the sound carries a good distance well.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    edited August 2023
    Options

That’s not our rigging - all of it is what the current foster owner is using.  Remember we just have him on loan. 

are you thinking of eventually adopting if things go well, typically dogs on a harness pull harder when taking them for a walk but work well attaching a seat belt. he does look happy

for what its worth though, my dog really only sees a leash during vet visits. he jumps like a frog on a leash. my last 3 dogs grew up no leash, my german shepard would show up in the classroom at college from time to time and sit down. easier to train the professors ;) well one was not trainable =)
    fukahwee maine

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options

We do regular dog transport legs, getting rescues to their new homes.  Double leashing (collar, harness) is the standard protocol during transports for added security when transferring between vehicles.
    Otto's former foster family obviously cared about him.  Nudge, nudge @JohnInCarolina  :)
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @Gulfcoastguy, that’s one good looking Sheepadoodle. We too just opted for the fuggin jumbo crate. 99% sure I could get into it

We, too, have one of those jumbo crates.    I'm 6'4" and have been in it before just to check things out.   huge...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

We, too, have one of those jumbo crates.    I'm 6'4" and have been in it before just to check things out.   huge...
    That is the secondary crate at my parents house, I had to take them for a long list of medical appointments and shopping visits this past weekend. We got it when it became obvious how big my Boxer was going to get. The funny thing is that when we are not there my parents Boston Terrier sleeps in it. The Boxer is now trust worth(and old) and doesn't sleep in a cage. The pup has a long way to go, despite having an adult set of teeth he still randomly destroys items if unattended.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

are you thinking of eventually adopting if things go well, typically dogs on a harness pull harder when taking them for a walk but work well attaching a seat belt. he does look happy
    Yes that’s the plan if all goes well.  If we decide to keep him we’ll probably work with a trainer.