Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    I didn't have my camera handy but this morning my 5 month old sheepadoodle finally cocked his leg to pee on a bush instead of squatting like a b*tch.
    Hahaha, it's so hard for me to tell with our Bernedoodle pup if he's pissing or not...I'm ready for the hike.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,605
    edited July 2023
    I didn't have my camera handy but this morning my 5 month old sheepadoodle finally cocked his leg to pee on a bush instead of squatting like a b*tch.
    Hahaha, it's so hard for me to tell with our Bernedoodle pup if he's pissing or not...I'm ready for the hike.
    When I took him out for a toilet walk Saturday it was very hot. Nemo squatted and pretended to poop so that he could go back inside.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    My two Corgis finally figured it out at about 5 months, but one of them would sniff a tree/post, reposition himself, and then lift the wrong leg and piss out into open space.  Sigh.
    He figured it out, eventually.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Gulfcoastguy
    The new pup.  

What a great poop yard! I think I’ll wait till I go back inside though.
  • TechsasJim
    The new pup.  

What a great poop yard! I think I’ll wait till I go back inside though.
    hahaha, thank goodness we have made it 6 days accident free.    I'm thinking about posting an OSHA calendar inside.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    One of my old guys enjoying some fresh grass.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    A bit cooler under that tree. This weather isn’t fit for man or beast.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    A bit cooler under that tree. This weather isn’t fit for man or beast.
    I was sitting under the tree and just letting Louie mosey around and enjoy dome grazing.

It is even hot for the pool today.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Yep my sister still has 2 old pasture pets but they can get in a section of pine forest to cool down a big .
  • TechsasJim
    This dude…99% sweet, 1% spawn of Satan.   The puppy teeth make me look like I’ve been digging for golf balls in a briar patch.  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Watch out for the toe nails too. I have a scratch over the top of my foot that is taking a while to heal. I was part of a zooming obstacle course. Better to get him used to nail clipping early. Thankfully mine shed his last puppy tooth last week. Meanwhile an old antler or cow horn will give him a good teething alternative to long pig.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    This dude…99% sweet, 1% spawn of Satan.   The puppy teeth make me look like I’ve been digging for golf balls in a briar patch.  

I had a puppy once that I took to obedience class.  My puppy liked to "nibble" on fingers while petting her.  Those puppy teeth were like needles.

The obedience coach saw it once and said, "I can cure that."  He took the puppy and started petting the dog.  As soon as the puppy put his fingers in her mouth, the dude stuck two fingers all the way down that dog's gullet while firmly saying, "NO!"  The eyes bugged out, the dog pulled back and NEVER tried to snack on fingers again.  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • TechsasJim
    Watch out for the toe nails too. I have a scratch over the top of my foot that is taking a while to heal. I was part of a zooming obstacle course. Better to get him used to nail clipping early. Thankfully mine shed his last puppy tooth last week. Meanwhile an old antler or cow horn will give him a good teething alternative to long pig.
      Oh yes, thankfully my loves to groom.   Constantly brushing him and clipping nails.   He’s so bushy his nails can go unnoticed so I thank her for doing that bc I would have missed that aspect.   

As for an antler, yes sir, he has one.   I need to go harvest (find sheds) another 10 so he has one everywhere.   
  • TechsasJim
    ^^ my wife loves to groom.  
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    @RRP @JohnInCarolina
    , Gp 
    "That’s a heartbreaking story there, Ron.  I feel terrible for the parents and I do’t even know them"

Very true. I'm personally allergic to Fentanyl  and go into shock and get extremely sick. People forget though, that before Fentanyl the hot street drug oxycontin that wreaked havoc in the states. Hillbilly heroin it was called. I was on oxycontin do or fourteen years straight without a break at 600 to 800 mgs a day, all legal, same pain Dr,  same pharmacy. While I had 13 major operations in that time frame, it ultimately was a ridiculous amount of opioids to be on. Three years ago I got sick of all the crap and went to detox. I got it done in four days, hardest thing I've ever done. All that stuff is evil and dark ..
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ybabpmuts said:
    @RRP @JohnInCarolina
    , Gp 
    "That’s a heartbreaking story there, Ron.  I feel terrible for the parents and I do’t even know them"

Very true. I'm personally allergic to Fentanyl  and go into shock and get extremely sick. People forget though, that before Fentanyl the hot street drug oxycontin that wreaked havoc in the states. Hillbilly heroin it was called. I was on oxycontin do or fourteen years straight without a break at 600 to 800 mgs a day, all legal, same pain Dr,  same pharmacy. While I had 13 major operations in that time frame, it ultimately was a ridiculous amount of opioids to be on. Three years ago I got sick of all the crap and went to detox. I got it done in four days, hardest thing I've ever done. All that stuff is evil and dark ..
    The fact you made it out the backside and alive, and quit in 4 days is amazing!  I am very happy for you.  Many (maybe even most?) don't make it out.  The havoc wreaked by opiods is amazing.  I also put vapes into this category.  I miss the days of cigarettes and joints.  Nowadays you can vape thc and nicotine pretty much without notice.  Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, for those interested in Oxycontin and the Sacklers, I highly recommend "Dope Sick" on Hulu.  I watched it after JIC recommended it.  It was disturbing and not surprising.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Yea the detox place wanted to put me on Suboxone, which is an opioid but it has a low ceiling, meaning you can't take more to get more high. The thing is though, there were people in that place that were there to get off the Suboxone, that they took to help them get off heroin. I refused to take it. Those were four very harsh days, I can tell you that. They made me stay another three days for "observation".

Saw Dope Sick which made me mad. If you want to really get the intimate details of what the Sacklers did, you should read Empire of Pain. It's evil, what they did to the country, just to line their pockets.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Where’s my herd? Time to go to work.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Yea the detox place wanted to put me on Suboxone, which is an opioid but it has a low ceiling, meaning you can't take more to get more high. The thing is though, there were people in that place that were there to get off the Suboxone, that they took to help them get off heroin. I refused to take it. Those were four very harsh days, I can tell you that. They made me stay another three days for "observation".

Saw Dope Sick which made me mad. If you want to really get the intimate details of what the Sacklers did, you should read Empire of Pain. It's evil, what they did to the country, just to line their pockets.

In 2000 my Dad fell off a one story roof and landed on a partially buried brick wall. 13 hours of surgery and a stay in surgical rehab later they sent him home with a script for OxyContin and another pain medication to be taken as needed. 3 or 4 days later my Nurse Practitioner sister got a look at the pill bottles and turned white. When she explained oxy to him he immediately quit taking all pain meds and shook and shivered for 4 days. Any sort of pain medication hits both him and her real hard, even a partial dose. Needless to say he became a lots more understanding of addiction.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    ^^^^^ -Smart dog @Ozzie_Isaac
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Gulfcoastguy

Did he bark for a beer 🍺?
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321

That is a happy looking dog.  Do the JRT's also use the pool?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    dbCooper said:

That is a happy looking dog.  Do the JRT's also use the pool?
    One of the JRT swims all day. She just hops in and swims around.  The other one only goes on the steps to cool off.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446

Jacksonville FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Damn, @Dobie, how big is your cat?  Just his forearm stretches over halfway across a headrest, and his ass is hanging off the edge of the sofa!   :o

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'