Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
    Anything for attention.  But CHEETO has earned those indictments as considered by grand jurys across multiple jurisdictions.  So there's that. 
    Great fodder for Friday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Not mine-(although I did edit for the CHEETO)

CHEETO went down to Georgia, was lookin' for a poll to steal
    He was in a bind with a judge assigned
    And co-defendants ready to squeal. 

The devil scowled for a mugshot, gave a weight far south of real
    A bail bond signed, a great nation declined
    Lost to lies and a spiteful zeal. 

CHEETO went down to Georgia, rewriting the Art of the Deal.
    Nearly lost his mind while Fani had him confined
    Time to start planning the appeal.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,982
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I’m sure his self-reported scores at the holes are as truthful as his self-reported weight at the jail.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I think it's safe to say there was definitely some hanky/lanky going on here. You'd normally assume that posting a 67 with that golf swing (assuming it is not a nine-hole round) would have to be net, but when you also have one of the biggest vanity handicaps imaginable, that would also seem unlikely. So it is likely a given that he was the only player in the senior division field and he probably also fat-fingered that tweet and actually shot an 87, but lots of unanswered questions here.
    Stillwater, MN
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    interesting article since during his campaign he was asked if would play as much golf as Obama and his reply was NO, he'd be too busy running the country.  Didn't seem to apply during the covid pandemic either
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/politics/fact-check-trump-obama-golf/index.html
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    The fact that he feels he has to declare that his score is not due to any "hanky/lanky" is proof that there was indeed much "hanky/lanky".

That, and that many people that have golfed with him over the decades have said that his score card generally has a different interpretation of reality.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    When you are adrift and losing control of the narrative, any lifeline looks good, even a CHEETO'd up golf game outcome.  Anyone who believes that also believes he weighs 215 lbs (not to be confused with KG's) and has big hands. 
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Mickey Gallager's association with saudi arabia would be good to know, right about now.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Options
    Stovepiping.  It's a wonderful thing.

https://youtu.be/Il4Cp74XRFI?si=ROcEikElnPRu5XoG

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Ordinarily I might be skeptical, but when has Trump ever lied before?
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Since CHEETO is such a liar all of CHEETO's behavior has become acceptable to those who he has conned over the years, initially in school, then business. And now it's the citizens who are psychologically so committed they won't acknowledge they have been duped not only of original fact based thought but hard earned cash to pay his exorbitant legal fees. I loathe CHEETO. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Hopefully the venue remains in the GA court system as then there could be cameras for the documentation of the meltdown or explosion or both. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    "In a bid to move his case to federal court, Mark Meadows told a federal court yesterday that his action reflected his duties as the Trump White House chief of staff when he arranged meetings and called officials about alleged election fraud in Georgia following the 2020 election. District Judge Steve Jones said he may not rule before Sep. 6, when all defendants will make brief court appearances to be informed of the charges against them. Jan Wolfe and Cameron McWhirter report for the Wall Street Journal. "

• Botch
    Options
    "Because he's been arrested, that's going to help him reach black voters." Oh, my God. Did some GOP "strategist" actually say that out loud?  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    He's starting to look like John Elway.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    One more issue to deal with and gaining traction: US Constitution 14th amendment-

FRONTIERS OF CON LAW — The most important article you need to read today is Erica Orden on Trump and the Fourteenth Amendment.

Before we get into the legal nitty-gritty of whether the amendment’s sanction for those who have "engaged in insurrection or rebellion” applies to Trump, let’s tackle the immediate political impact.

Every governor and secretary of state in America will soon be asked and need to have an answer for the following question: Do you believe the Fourteenth Amendment disqualifies Trump from appearing on your state’s ballot?

For many state officials the answer will be an easy no, and there are respectable arguments they can lean on. Former federal judge MICHAEL McCONNELL, for instance, warns it would be “profoundly anti-democratic” to leave ballot qualification decisions in the hands of other partisan politicians.

But for many other officials who are 14A-curious there is a growing body of work, mostly from scholars with impeccable conservative credentials, that will be difficult to ignore:

— Federalist Society co-founder STEVEN CALABRESI writes at the Volokh Conspiracy: “Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment bans anyone from holding any federal office who has taken an oath to uphold the Constitution and who then breaks that oath by engaging in ‘insurrection or rebellion against the same.’ Donald J. Trump is precisely such a person.”

— Law professors WILLIAM BAUDE and MICHAEL STOKES PAULSEN counter McConnell in a new law review paper: “Section Three is self-executing, operating as an immediate disqualification from office, without the need for additional action by Congress. It can and should be enforced by every official, state or federal, who judges qualifications.

— And former federal judge J. MICHAEL LUTTIG wrote the following with Harvard’s LAURENCE TRIBE: “The former president’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, and the resulting attack on the U.S. Capitol, place him squarely within the ambit of the disqualification clause, and he is therefore ineligible to serve as president ever again.”

As Orden details, the law and politics of this issue are moving fast:

• There are lawsuits in Florida and New Hampshire asking judges to block Trump from the ballot. Influential Democratic attorney and activist MARC ELIAS has been pressing the issue, and an activist group sent letters to officials in nine states in July asking them to ban Trump from the ballot.
    • Michigan Secretary of State JOCELYN BENSON was on MSNBC recently to discuss the issue and said she was “taking it seriously” and would confer with her colleagues in 2024 presidential swing states Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Georgia.
    • New Hampshire’s attorney general and secretary of state released a joint statement Tuesday on the questions surrounding Trump’s constitutional standing, saying, “The Attorney General's Office is now carefully reviewing the legal issues involved.”

The chances of at least one secretary of state agreeing with the Calebresis, Baudes and Luttigs of the world and kicking Trump off the ballot seem nontrivial. Trump would obviously challenge such a ruling, and so the Supreme Court could end up settling this previously obscure issue of constitutional law.

• Botch
    Options
    It has been satisfying to see the recent sentencings of the insurrectionists, and the higher-up they are the more years they're receiving.
    I'm hoping this is scaring the living sh*t out of those at the very top; to have them very frightened during their last days of freedom would be icing on the cake.
    And it will also give pause to the magats who've been elected at the state level, throughout the country.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Who the F would do any serious business deal with that charlatan (aka CHEETO) given the track record?  I hope that independent of the current state and federal indictments a business entity takes the forever LOSER to court, because that entity would win!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Haven’t gotten into this yet, but it could be an interesting read:

• lousubcap
    Options
    I read the article but not the entire transcript.  You can get the true flavour (nod) from the article.  Nothing new there.  The leopard does not change its spots and CHEETO stays on CHEETO's brand throughout the article.  No surprise there. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The noose slowly continues to tighten.

"Ex-Proud Boys sentenced to record 22 years

In what is the longest sentence yet for a Jan. 6 defendant, former Proud Boys national chairman Enrique Tarrio was sentenced to 22 years in prison today for seditious conspiracy and other convictions related to his role in organizing the Jan. 6 riot, The Hill's Ella Lee reports.

The  Justice Department sought 33 years in prison for Tarrio.

Tarrio in court today expressed regret for his role in the Jan. 6 riot, saying, “The citizens of [Washington] D.C. deserved better. What happened on January 6th was a national embarrassment,” the BBC reported.

Last week, three other Proud Boys defendants received sentences of between 15 and 18 years in prison, some of the highest sentences doled out for participation in the Jan. 6 attack. Stewart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, was sentenced to 18 years in May.

"The Proud Boys’ sentencings close the book on the historic seditious conspiracy cases brought by the DOJ after the Capitol was attacked," Lee wrote, noting that more than 1,100 Jan. 6 rioters have been charged.

Check out Lee's report on how the seditious conspiracy cases set the stage for Trump's related, but distinct, election conspiracy case in D.C."

How sweet it is!

"

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Truth right there.  And yet the embarrassment of admitting you have been taken for a ride is too much to confront.  So, the clown show goes on.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!