Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031
    Isn't the first debate on Fox?  They haven't been quite as friendly to him, I'm sure he's going on Tucker and not the debate in part to punish Fox and get them back in line.  I think he's also facing a field that could easily be much more aggressive toward him and his criming.  He'd probably rather they attack each other at this point.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,511
    No surprise from the one who is a multi-time LOSER and cannot comprehend how anyone can pledge loyalty to any person other than CHEETO.  CHEETO doesn't have the mental capacity to handle a debate.  
    He completely failed in executing his oath bound duty to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and yet this LOSER aka CHEETO has those poll numbers.
    When are the collective we gonna realize what a ride the clown car has taken us on.  However, to do so would admit you have been had by the biggest LOSER ever to serve as President.  Not gonna happen so here we are.  
    I loathe (obvious) CHEETO for good reasons. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    "Former President Trump will surrender in Atlanta on Thursday in the case concerning his alleged attempt to overturn the 2020 elections in Georgia. Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee yesterday set Trump’s bond at $200,000 in a three-page court filing that also imposed restrictions on Trump’s public statements as a condition for his release. Trump took to Truth Social to say, “Can you believe it? … [Fani Willis] campaigned, and is continuing to campaign, and raise money on, this WITCH HUNT.” Jan Wolfe and Aruna Viswanatha report for the Wall Street Journal

Experts have said it will prove difficult to police the use of political rhetoric in former President Trump’s criminal cases. Even as judges have tried to impose restrictions on Trump’s public statements and keep the proceedings “completely divorced from politics, it can’t be. It’s steeped in politics,” said Kenneth White, a former federal prosecutor in California specializing in free-speech issues. Devlin Barrett, Spencer S. Hsu, and Isaac Arnsdorf report for the Washington Post

Federal prosecutors yesterday criticized former President Trump’s request to postpone his election interference trial in Washington until at least April 2026, saying the defense is overstating the time it would take to review the documents. The defense attorney pointed to the 11.5 million pages of discovery evidence to support their request. Prosecutors said Trump’s characterization of the evidence “overstates the amount of new and nonduplicative” material his lawyers will get and “exaggerates the challenge of reviewing it effectively.” Alan Feuer reports for the New York Times. "

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
  • lousubcap
    And here's one from Tom Nichols today in The Atlantic worth your time.

Debating Trump Is Pointless

Why American democracy will be better off this year with no Trump debates

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    Experts have said it will prove difficult to police the use of political rhetoric in former President Trump’s criminal cases. Even as judges have tried to impose restrictions on Trump’s public statements and keep the proceedings “completely divorced from politics, it can’t be. 
    I cannot disagree with this more.  traitor is continuing to try to overthrow our Government via his cult.  The members of our DoD, and our current Government, have all taken an OATH to defend the Constitution of the US "against all Enemies, foreign and Domestic!!"  I'm hoping that Georgia judge stands up and takes his phone, and throws him into a Georgia prison (a rather suitable facility, from the photos I've seen) until his first trial (I don't even know if its in Georgia, there's so many to keep track of).  
    Dammit!! 

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,008
    lousubcap said:
    And here's one from Tom Nichols today in The Atlantic worth your time.

Debating Trump Is Pointless

Why American democracy will be better off this year with no Trump debates

I think his argument is sound.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap

Yuscil Taveras, an employee of former President Trump, retracted “prior false testimony” after switching lawyers, implicating Trump in the mishandling of classified documents case. Taveras now accuses Trump and two aides of “efforts to delete security camera footage.” Eric Tucker reports for AP News

Jeffrey Clark, a former Justice Department official, and David Shafer, one of Georgia’s fake electors, joined Mark Meadows, the former Trump White House chief of staff, in attempting to move their Georgia election interference charges to federal court. Zack Schonfield reports for The Hill.

• JohnInCarolina
    Someone is desperate for attention tonight.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    ^^^ I've got the r debate on right now; did cheeto find a way to broadcast his fiction piece?  (I won't be watching that, just curious)

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    ^^^ I've got the r debate on right now; did cheeto find a way to broadcast his fiction piece?  (I won't be watching that, just curious)

• lousubcap

"Rudy Giuliani, an ex-lawyer of former President Trump, turned himself in to Georgia authorities yesterday and was booked on charges that he tried to overturn the 2020 election results in the state. Giuliani and the other defendants, including Kenneth Chesebro, a lawyer and former Trump campaign adviser, and Sidney Powell, a former Trump legal adviser, were released immediately on bond. Aruna Viswanatha reports for the Wall Street Journal

District Court Judge Steve Jones yesterday denied Mark Meadows’ request to extend his deadline to surrender over charges relating to his role in attempting to overturn Georgia’s 2020 election results. Meadows will have to turn himself in by midday tomorrow. The judge ordered an evidentiary hearing for Aug. 28 on Meadows’ requests to move his charges to federal court and dismiss the indictment. Kyle Cheney and Josh Gerstein report for POLITICO."

• JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    How sweet it is.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
  • JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    Since we are here to beach the whale-A good link regarding the evening's proceedings from across the pond: (Self-reported; just one more big lie!)

Daily Mail, morning daily newspaper published in London, long noted for its foreign reporting, it was one of the first British papers to popularize its coverage to appeal to a mass readership.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,799

I can just hear the MAGAts breaking the internet with their sheep memes...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,197
    NEVER SURRENDER
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    NEVER SURRENDER
    Amazing he posted that just after, well, literally surrendering.
  • lousubcap
    Clearly talking to his funding stream.  Someone's gotta pay the ever mounting legal charges.  What a grifter and LOSER!
  • lousubcap
    edited August 2023
    Comments from Robert Reich (not a fan but always enlightening)  with some good perspectives below:

"Here is Trump’s mugshot from his arraignment yesterday in Georgia. It’s a look of defiance — which I’m sure he practiced repeatedly beforehand — intended for his supporters and his Republican base to feel defiant, too.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this is Trump’s thousand-word response to Wednesday night’s Republican debate which he declined to attend. 

He timed his arraignment in Georgia for yesterday so that it — and this photo — would dominate Thursday’s and Friday’s news, rather than anything or anyone emerging from the debate. 

But a defiant photograph isn’t “news.” It’s a symbol, an image. Which is exactly what Donald Trump is. He has no political platform, no specific policy agenda, no new ideas, and no plan for what he’ll do if he gets a second term. 

He exists as a symbol for the anger, discontent, bigotry, and vindictiveness he has unleashed in America. 

He is as close to America has come to a fascist leader, who doesn’t want his followers to think or analyze. He wants them only to feel. 

Last Thursday, Trump complained that Fox News “purposely show the absolutely worst pictures of me, especially the big “orange” one with my chin pulled way back. They think they are getting away with something, they’re not. Just like 2016 all over again … And then they want me to debate!”

Of course he’s angry. For the man who’s all symbol and image and without substance, a photo like the following conveys a brainless buffoon. It must drive him crazy. 

But Trump is not a brainless buffoon. He’s a cunning marketer, a diabolic manipulator of the public, a sly producer of his own daily reality show. His lead in the GOP’s presidential sweepstakes has grown. He will almost certainly be the Republican candidate for president next year — even if he’s in jail."

With that last paragraph we should all be quite concerned that we have sunk to this level for a presidential candidate.  How far we as a country have fallen! 

Edit to add photo.
  • fishlessman
    caliking said:

I can just hear the MAGAts breaking the internet with their sheep memes...

Donald Trump Jr Merch Wanted For President For 4 More Years T Shirt -  Teebreat
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    handing out indictments like shoulder rubs at a joe biden smell your hair party =)
    fukahwee maine