Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    Hey Cap'n, you often post articles from The Atlantic, so I assume you have a subscription.  If you see an article about General Milley/cheeto, could I trouble you to copy/paste it here?  It was mentioned in today's Early Bird, but is behind a firewall (which they usually don't do).  TIA.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Botch said:
    Hey Cap'n, you often post articles from The Atlantic, so I assume you have a subscription.  If you see an article about General Milley/cheeto, could I trouble you to copy/paste it here?  It was mentioned in today's Early Bird, but is behind a firewall (which they usually don't do).  TIA.  
    This gift link should work - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/general-mark-milley-trump-coup/675375/?utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Reruns again thanks to the Writer's strike tonight of Steven Colbert.  They're playing his monologue from the 1-year anniversary of Jan 6th.  Very well done.
    And I still can't believe that traitor is leading the repub field, much less running nearly neck-n-neck with Joe in the latest polls.  wtff.    

• Botch said:

And I still can't believe that traitor is leading the repub field, much less running nearly neck-n-neck with Joe in the latest polls.  wtff.    
    I think it’s easily explained by three things:
    1) most people don’t follow the news all that closely, much less politics
    2) US politics is extremely tribal right now
    3) half the country watches Fox News

For a lot of citizens, the neck and neck with Biden is as simple as they remember having more money in their pocket when Trump was President.  That’s it.  It’s why it’s entirely possible he gets elected POTUS again, independent of how he fares with any of the criminal trials.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    It's amazing how his intellect and expertise just knows no bounds!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Oof-dah.  

• HeavyG
    edited September 2023

The full text of Josh's tweet for anyone reluctant to click thru to Twitter/X:

"I'm a solid, reliable Republican. I always vote. I'm a 'Party Guy' because I know this is a team effort - it is impossible to go it alone in politics, that's now how our system was designed. I rally and support other Republicans. I like people that build coalitions and support each other - I understand the power of coming together and uniting as a party. That said, there is no way I will vote for this guy if he's our nominee. He is INSANE. Yes, I know the Democrats have awful policies, that's why I'm a Republican. But things like this, a presidential candidate flippantly talking about the DEATH PENALTY and treason for a general, by name, over Truth Social on a random Friday night? After all the trouble we've had in the country, after all the turmoil he's caused in our body politic, when he himself is under 4 indictments, 91 charges, 44 federal and 47 state?
    He's STILL firing out garbage like this. This is insane, guys. I'm a Party Man, but I won't be buying a ticket on this crazy train. NO SIR. If we're dumb enough to select him as our nominee, I will write in DeSantis at the top of the ticket. I live in Florida, and I am taking note of all the Republicans that are supporting and enabling Trump, and I will not vote for them down ballot. They don't deserve it. If the GOP needs a good old fashioned a** whooping to purge this from our ranks, then so be it. My wife says she's out too. And let me tell you something Republicans, if you have problems earning the vote of Southern, white, married, Christian conservatives with 3 kids, your candidate is TOAST in the general. This guy is INSANE, terrible for the country, and needs to go, ASAP.
    "

• @HeavyG - most of the comments to that tweet, lol
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    Thanks for that post @HeavyG.  No issue with clicking thru but since I am not a "X" subscriber, I can't see the comments.  No worries, I will survive just fine.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    And a quote from a R senator:
    "“I’m still holding out hope that my fellow Republicans want to throw their support behind someone who has personal integrity, respects the rule of law, aims to unite rather than divide people and actually knows how to do the job well,” said Sen. Todd C. Young (R-Ind.). “Donald J. Trump’s signature professional achievement is as a reality television star and he’s lacking in every personal quality that I, and I think every other Republican, should want in a presidential nominee. Moreover he is the least likely to win a general election.”"

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,199
    The whisperer might even make a great white house press secretary for the donald
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    I'm working on the biological miracle expressed by CHEETO. 
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
  • lousubcap
    Dumb and Dumber...
  • Botch
    There is a stunningly good political meme somewhere here, comparing this and Hunter Biden's situation.  

• lousubcap

"Lawyers for former President Trump yesterday urged District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan to reject a gag order in the federal election interference case. His lawyers said the gag would unconstitutionally silence him during crucial months of the 2024 presidential campaign. Kyle Cheney reports for POLITICO

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee restricted the release of identifying information about jurors in the Georgia election interference case. In addition to regular protections, McAfee ordered that jurors and prospective jurors be identified only by their numbers while the trial was pending and prohibited disclosing any information that would reveal their identities. McAfee allowed exceptions for recording audio of the jury foreperson’s announcement of a verdict or questions to the judge. Zoë Richards reports for NBC News. "

• He seems upset!

• Botch
    edited September 2023
    He seems upset!

Wow, I've never seen  this before (and this has nothing to do with trump's statement, just his "post").

One of the coolest features of recent MacOS's has been the ability to copy text off of an image, in Preview, Photos, and probably other programs; you just move your mouse pointer (the black arrow) over the text until it turns into the vertical "text select" bar (vertical line with top/bottom serifs) and you could select/copy text off the image, and post it in other programs (Pages, Mail, Safari, etc), so cool.  I was hoping I could do the same off an internet post, or even off of a paused internet video.  Well,  that wish came true a few months ago, and I was quite happy (didn't have to pause a video, take a screenshot, then re-open the image in Preview to copy/paste anymore).  

Well, it doesn't work on the above post (on JiC's original post; it  does work on my "Reply"??), specifically on lines 5-6 of the main text!!  Then, the Text Select bar turns back into the mouse arrow, and I can't copy any text from lines 5 thru 6.  This is really, really odd and I'm not smart enough in HTML to know what's going on.  Anyone?  

Oh, and I just went to the top with the text select cursor, swept down about ten lines, and here's what I got:

THE 45™# PRESIDENT
    OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    DONALD J. TRUMP The widespread, radical attack against me, my family, and my supporters has now devolved to new, un-American depths, at the hands of a DERANGED New York State

...It just stopped copying where my cursor first turned back into a mouse pointer (when I first selected the text the top turned blue/selected, then no effect, and then selected from "lea" (first part of "leading" in the orig post), and the blue "selection" was off an inch or so, making me think this was a doctored traitor post to begin with.  I dunno.  

Anyone else on a Mac see this?  My laptop is on OS 13.5.2, will be updating to the new macOS in a week or so.  

• Botch
    edited September 2023
    Again, a firewalled post, the ability to sign up for a "free trial", but not without giving my CC first.  After my 5-month debacle with sirius fu, and other posters here with the Cooks Illus/Amer Test Kitch/Cooks Country evil, I'm very very selective about who I hand out my CC info to.  

I would've thought that, once I keep getting bogus charges from an entity, I could ask my bank/Credit Union to block that entity from charging my card again.  I CAN block individual charges; but not a specific entity.  I did that with sirius for 4 months, but even in retirement I don't have time to do that on a month-by-month basis, dammit!   

EDIT:   I supposed  The Atlantic  is still available hardcopy on my local newsstand, but it'll probably be $14 an issue and I'm not sure I even  have  a local newsstand anymore.  

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @Botch - Works on my Version M2 Air 2022 at Ventura 13.6 (22G120) although for some reason it dropped the letter "y" from the word completely in the long, opening run-on sentence. The editor also underlined the word "Lawfare".
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • HeavyG

Was able to copy the whole shebang when viewing the page in Safari:

'TRUTH.
    @realDonaldTrump • 10m STATEMENT BY
    THE 45TH PRESIDENT
    OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    DONALD J. TRUMP The widespread, radical attack against me, my family, and my supporters has now devolved to new, un-American depths, at the hands of a DERANGED New York State Judge, doing the bidding of a completely biased and corrupt "Prosecutor," Letitia James, who ran for office based on a "GET TRUMP" platform, before even knowing anything about me. Today's action is a refutation of my status as the leading Candidate for President of the United States, including with a substantial lead over Joe Biden. It is a terrible reminder that the Radical Left Democrats will stop at nothing in trying to prevent me, and the American people, from winning the 2024 Presidential Election. Regardless of Party, we cannot let this happen in the United States of America! As my lead in the polls over Joe Biden continues to skyrocket, these Corrupt and Highly Political Prosecutors and Judges are getting more and more desperate and dangerous. We are rapidly becoming a Communist Country, and my Civil Rights have been taken away from me. The New York State Attorney General went before a Highly Politicized Democrat Judge, who refused allowing the case to go to the Commercial Division, where it belonged, to simply rule, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, that I committed fraud, which is both ridiculous and untrue. As an example, this Democrat Operative valued Mar-a-Lago, the most spectacular and valuable property in Palm Beach, Florida, to be worth as low as $18 Million when in actuality, it could be worth almost 100 times that amount. He hated everything about me at a level that I have never seen before, even beyond the hatred of that displayed by Letitia James. There was no trial and no jury for the supposed "wrongdoing" OF FULLY PAYING BACK SOPHISTICATED WALL STREET BANKS IN FULL,
    WITH INTEREST, WITH NO DEFAULTS, AND WITH NO VICTIMS. These Banks were represented by the largest, most sophisticated Law Firms in the Country. This is Democrat Political Lawfare, and a Witch Hunt at a level never seen before. It is an attempt to badly injure the opposing Party's Leading, by far, Political Candidate. Nothing like this has ever happened in our Country before. My Civil Rights have been violated, and some Appellate Court, whether Federal or State, must reverse this horrible, un-American decision. If they can do this to me,
    they can do this to YOU!

That ability does not work at all when viewed in Chrome - the cursor never changes to text select.

Haven't tried with other browsers but I almost always have both Chrome and Safari running so it was easy to compare. Computers are fun </sarcasm>

Running Ventura 13.5.2 on my three year old iMac (the last of the Intel based machines).

• HeavyG
    Botch said:
    Again, a firewalled post, the ability to sign up for a "free trial", but not without giving my CC first.  After my 5-month debacle with sirius fu, and other posters here with the Cooks Illus/Amer Test Kitch/Cooks Country evil, I'm very very selective about who I hand out my CC info to.  

I would've thought that, once I keep getting bogus charges from an entity, I could ask my bank/Credit Union to block that entity from charging my card again.  I CAN block individual charges; but not a specific entity.  I did that with sirius for 4 months, but even in retirement I don't have time to do that on a month-by-month basis, dammit!   

EDIT:   I supposed  The Atlantic  is still available hardcopy on my local newsstand, but it'll probably be $14 an issue and I'm not sure I even  have  a local newsstand anymore.  

Here's a gift link to the Milley article on The Atlantic if that is what you were after: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/general-mark-milley-trump-coup/675375/?utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

• lousubcap
    Slowly but surely the noose tightens.
    As CHEETO'S former Chief of Staff John Kelly put it in June "CHEETO is scared $hitless."
    How sweet it is!
  • HeavyG

That would be hilarious if the local property tax assessor did actully send The Donald a new tax bill based on a billion dollar valuation of Mar-a-Lago.