Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Not now but last night.   That bottle is almost gone.  

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,456
    Options
    Not now but last night.   That bottle is almost gone.  

Where ya fishing? Looks like the coast
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @ColbyLang

No fishing on this trip, just hung out.   Good thing, the guys that were fishing caught nothing but blacktips.   
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,033
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,671
    Options

Samuel Adams beer and a Buffalo Trace cigar

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @shtgunal3 - haven’t tried that Sam Adams - how is it?
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    A lot like a Leinenkugel‘s Summer Shandy but not quite as lemony.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• NewfoundEgger
    Options
    Getting in the summer mindset with a Mai Tai featuring Liber & Co Orgeat and RL Seale’s 10 yr rum.

by the way, if anyone live near a Tommy Bahamas restaurant, I highly recommend their Mai Tai.

• shtgunal3
    edited May 2023
    Options

@JohnInCarolina here is another of their summer offerings. It is fairly mild as IPA’s go.

• bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    I hope they release some more of these real soon. Very very good! 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options

Kombucha 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Came home with this today 
    I have access to this but haven't pulled the trigger yet, let me know how it is!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    Double Gold Rush by the pool!

Options
    @paqman - I thought the GWN backyard water adventure was an ice rink...
    Enjoy as I know you will. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Came home with this today 
    Yes sir, fan of Remus.   Well done
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A friend suggested this.  First time trying it.  Not bad!

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options

Someone mentioned previously Four Roses single barrel as one of the best bottles under $50. While I do not disagree this bottle is another. Probably 1A & 1B on my list (insert either as A or B)
    Problem with Eagle Rare is it’s very difficult to come by in my area. Very rarely do I see it on the shelves anymore.
    I’m drinking 4R single barrel tonight, haven’t seen Eagle Rare ever.
    The rare part ain’t no joke. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Wanted a whiskey, took a flyer on this.  If I had wanted a scotch it would have been okay (not good, but passable) but really missing the whiskey notes I like.  Definitely a pass for me. 

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,456
    Options
    Wanted a whiskey, took a flyer on this.  If I had wanted a scotch it would have been okay (not good, but passable) but really missing the whiskey notes I like.  Definitely a pass for me. 

Almost the entire Japanese whiskey offering  tastes like scotch to me. Drinkable, but not a fan of it honestly 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Almost the entire Japanese whiskey offering  tastes like scotch to me. Drinkable, but not a fan of it honestly 
    Good to know this is just their "style".  Will avoid it all from now on.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Good to know this is just their "style".  Will avoid it all from now on.
    The color of a whiskey can tell you a lot about it. At a minimum it holds many clues. You will search far and wide to find a whiskey that color that was in a new charred oak barrel. Additionally, some of the really dark ones are very likely extra aged and or finished with some variation of wine barrel. Japanese whiskey is scotch but since it’s not distilled in Scotland it cannot be called scotch. 🥃
  • pgprescott
    Options
    For the record, I own a couple hundred bottles of bourbon but scotch is The King of whiskey! 😁🥃
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,472
    Options
    @pgprescott - I'm too old and lazy to really address the above other than to say that scotch wouldn't be scotch without those bourbon barrels... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    I've seen mason jars and fancy bottles of all sorts, but is anybody putting whiskey in squirt bottles yet?  The market seems ripe for it, most of it has been thinned already.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    I've seen mason jars and fancy bottles of all sorts, but is anybody putting whiskey in squirt bottles yet?  The market seems ripe for it, most of it has been thinned already.

• pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @pgprescott - I'm too old and lazy to really address the above other than to say that scotch wouldn't be scotch without those bourbon barrels... B)
    I’d be lying if I didn’t acknowledge that I posted that to see how long it would take you Frank. 😁🥃