Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    Not "NOW" but last evening with a light supper, Conecuh sausage with mustard, Mount Olive kosher dill spear sliced length wise, in a Martin's Hoagie Roll. Beer is from an Orlando, Florida brewery. https://orangeblossombrewing.com/our-story

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,925
    Options
    The bourbon horse sh*t continues.    Just stopped in my local shop (I've known the owner for years) for a bottle of EC Small Batch and when I was checking out he had a bottle of Blanton's and a bottle of Eagle Rare behind the counter.

Asked how much for the Blanton's and he said $200.   I called him a moron for pricing it so high but he said he had to buy $1700 of "bad" scotch just to be allocated 1 bottle of Blanton's.   

He also had a bottle of Eagle Rare that he wanted $90 for.   I told him that he sold me that exact same bottle 3 yrs ago for $26 and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Glad I only gave $30 for the EC...I'm sure next time it will be $45...maddening.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,481
    Options
    The bourbon horse sh*t continues.    Just stopped in my local shop (I've known the owner for years) for a bottle of EC Small Batch and when I was checking out he had a bottle of Blanton's and a bottle of Eagle Rare behind the counter.

Asked how much for the Blanton's and he said $200.   I called him a moron for pricing it so high but he said he had to buy $1700 of "bad" scotch just to be allocated 1 bottle of Blanton's.   

He also had a bottle of Eagle Rare that he wanted $90 for.   I told him that he sold me that exact same bottle 3 yrs ago for $26 and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Glad I only gave $30 for the EC...I'm sure next time it will be $45...maddening.
    How bout my honey hole selling a 9 year Willet Family Estate Rye for $469???? I paid 199 last year for the same fuggin bottle
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,095
    Options
    It seems like the trick is to find a bourbon you really like that’s cheap that nobody else knows about and then for God’s sake don’t tell anyone about it. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Doesn't have a name, but it's what I had.

Luxardo Cherries, simple syrup, and some lime zest.

I had a couple of those tonight at a client dinner, or an amalgamation of that.   
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,481
    Options

Awaiting this via someone today. It’s like a cocktail in a glass with just a Luxardo cherry and maybe a little ice
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Awaiting this via someone today. It’s like a cocktail in a glass with just a Luxardo cherry and maybe a little ice
    Well hell that just looks horrible 🤣

Keep us posted, my wallet is already wiggling around in my pocket begging to be used.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,232
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I have a nice bottle from Barrel.  I really like it.  Might have to try this.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TechsasJim
    Options

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,595
    Options
    @TechsasJim I find it to be a good pour and especially at the price point and availability. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @TechsasJim I find it to be a good pour and especially at the price point and availability. 
    Yes sir Cap, the price point is wonderful…for now…
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 586
    Options
    Agreed, ECSB is my go to "daily drinker." Fantastic product for sub $30.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    After extensive research I have decided a red solo cup is the best container for drinking bourbon slushies.

Agree, only slight hiccup is it’s not as photogenic as other vessels.   
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    After extensive research I have decided a red solo cup is the best container for drinking bourbon slushies.

100% agree.  We'll just pretend slushie is in this instead of blueberry cider.g
  • TechsasJim
    Options

100% agree.  We'll just pretend slushie is in this instead of blueberry cider.g
    That works!   
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,373
    Options

Jacksonville FL
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Dang that Heaven’s Door brings back memories.   Last bottle my buddy’s wife bought him before he had a stroke and passed…never had it bc of that.   Hope it’s amazing!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,373
    Options
    @TechsasJim
    The cask strength drinks like a 90 proof, love it. Got lucky and found it and BT.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Pour of Makers Mark Private select that a local bourbon club did early this year. It’s called Chocolate Covered Pretzels and is delicious. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Pour of Makers Mark Private select that a local bourbon club did early this year. It’s called Chocolate Covered Pretzels and is delicious. 
    Man… what happened to your leg?!?! Feels like you’ve buried the lede here…
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Ha, I had ankle surgery earlier this week to fuse a joint so I'm on crutches for the next 6-8 weeks. I'm going to be doing more drinking than cooking the next few weeks.
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Some of Asheville’s finest:

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Bulleitt rye OF
  • BlueRidgeSmokers
    Options
    Finishing-off the Basil Hayden's from this weekend's wedding. 1 tsp rich simple, 2 dashes Angostura bitters and 4 ice cubes.