Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Any boat, any boat, any boat.

Options
ksmyrl
ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
We have an exotic car thread. What about a boat thread. Any Eggers who are boaters listening? Let's see em. No judgement. Any floating vessel will do. 

Here in East GA we love our boats..One is a 2017 Scout 195 Sportfish used primarily for bass fishing, cruising on the lakes on weekends, and the fairly regular trip to South Florida or the SC coast. 

Two is a 2014 Tracker 14 ft Jon used for fishing way up the Oconee River, duck hunting on Lake Oconee and Lake Juliette, and flats fishing around the coast. 

I bet some of you have some fine vessels!!

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,908
    Options
    once again just color me a jealous old fart!!! For 20 years our bank owned a 240 acre area with 3 main fishing lakes. No minnows were allowed so as to keep down the chance of introducing any rough fish and then yearly they were restocked with game fish. Also electric trolling motors were the only type allowed. Each lake had 3 to 5 boats to be used first come first served, but NEVER in the 20 years did I ever have to wait for a boat...you see - not everybody liked to fish or be out surrounded by the arms of nature! 

OH do I miss that sweet employee benefit!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    Some 17, 18 years ago what's-her-name dragged me down to her folks' place in north Alabama (Stone Mountain?) and we went fishing on a local lake, boat held 4 of us "comfortably".  He had a radar/fish finder thingie, and it kinda worked, warned me of an upcoming fish and we all caught a few (a lot different from my teen years on the Big Sioux River).  
    Her Mom cooked 'em up most excellent, along with okra and beans-n-hamhock, a great day.  

Oh yeah, boats.  I've had friends throughout my life who've owned them, and a good day spent with them, keeps my boat fetish fed for just enough years.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It’s a bit of work to launch until you do it enough it becomes easy.  The tough part to me is cleaning everything at the end of the day when you’re exhausted.  Sometimes I’ll say f*ck it and do it the next day but I’ll always flush the motor right away.
    Options
    Salt water.  If I fished fresh I wouldn’t worry about it as much.  I’ve seen how corrosive salt water is.
    Options
    Salt water.  If I fished fresh I wouldn’t worry about it as much.  I’ve seen how corrosive salt water is.
    Yes, best to get rid of as many dissolved ions as possible.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    It’s a bit of work to launch until you do it enough it becomes easy.  The tough part to me is cleaning everything at the end of the day when you’re exhausted.  Sometimes I’ll say f*ck it and do it the next day but I’ll always flush the motor right away.
    Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one exhausted after a day of fishing. Somehow sitting on my ass for hours on end and cranking a reel occasionally that weighs about 8 oz. is way more tiring than one would think.
  • ksmyrl
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Awesome, keep em coming yall. @ColbyLang where do you use that beast?

@stlcharcoal that's similar to our 14 footer. The boy calls it his boat and he plans to take it to college. If I'm telling the truth the Jon has caught more fish, by a lot, than the Scout. But the Scout has seen more of the USA (and beer) by a lot.

@bradleya123 so true. My handicap keeps climbing thanks to boating. But...after a day boating I feel much better and less frustrated than I do after a day golfing.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Why are none of these pics taken with boat on trailer on an HOA lawn!?!?!

I have my grandfather's fishing boat that fished on with him as a wee lad.  I don't have a pic of it that I know of.  It is a 14' aluminum V bottom that I repowered with a 9.9 Evinrude if I remember correctly.  It used to have a 1958 Johnson on it, but when I tried to get it ready one season with a new spark plug, there were issues. The spark plug hole was drilled and re-tapped 3x with three plugs.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    Just for boating kicks.  One is a taxi and one is a "school bus". Both taken on the same day on the Turag River in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,438
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Awesome, keep em coming yall. @ColbyLang where do you use that beast?

@stlcharcoal that's similar to our 14 footer. The boy calls it his boat and he plans to take it to college. If I'm telling the truth the Jon has caught more fish, by a lot, than the Scout. But the Scout has seen more of the USA (and beer) by a lot.

@bradleya123 so true. My handicap keeps climbing thanks to boating. But...after a day boating I feel much better and less frustrated than I do after a day golfing.
    Louisiana gulf coast. Gulf of Mexico. Have been out 100 miles in it. Fuel is approximately 175 gallons
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,996
    Options
    @paqman - but does it float?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,429
    Options
    Regardless, every boat can submerge at least once. 
    So, "What floats @paqman 's boat?  Stay tuned!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    @MasterC I love the old-school Ranger. My brother has a 2005 Z21 Comanche. I had the 19 ft. Skeeter version before I got the Scout. Nice looking fleet.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,673
    Options
    pretty sure it doesn’t 😂🤣

Options
    paqman said:
    pretty sure it doesn’t 😂🤣
    https://youtu.be/5T4qasiu0-E
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Someone once told me that your best friend is the one who has a boat :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,438
    Options
    B ust
    O ut
    A nother
    T housand