Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Report from the hellscape that is NYC:

@JohnInCarolina - how 'bout an update regarding your non work perceptions of NYC now? 
    And are the shysters selling viewing tix to the soon (hopefully) to happen clown show??  Inquiring minds want to know...
    Stay healthy and safe out there and enjoy the environment-
    Only been out a few times for food.  Got sushi last night, Thai tonight.  Both times the meals were top notch.  

The streets seem pretty clean to me. I haven’t noticed any big changes since the last time I was here, before the pandemic.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Seeing the street signs in the NYC pic, perhaps spurred by the crime fiction books I have been reading lately, made me wonder if we witnessed a reveal on an order of magnitude that the dislikowart was “conveniently also in town to answer a recent social media call to action”  and would camp out nearby to tape a “dislike” sign on JIC’s back one morning. 

Also got a kick out of the 18% loan rate joke above.  Those cars are all over Atlanta, driving terribly and very rarely with a real license plate. 

If there is a specific high value model in the Toto portfolio for the average household then three cheers and please share. 

This place never fails to deliver. Happy Wednesday 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Payed under 400 for my dual flush, easy instal no chain easy  no bolts for easy cleaning toto. Probably too much dollars for the average household? Sits high, I'm getting older, maybe a good thing.....you don't need aplumber
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I am all over this plumbing enlightenment.  I have old school Toto's that are bullet proof to date but if any $hit the bed then "game on."  Many thanks for the insights.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am all over this plumbing enlightenment.  I have old school Toto's that are bullet proof to date but if any $hit the bed then "game on."  Many thanks for the insights.
    I have a lift pump here. 3 flushes verse about 10/12 with power loss.no brainer
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    My understanding is that Totos and other higher end toilets glaze the porcelain stem to stern and cheaper brands stop beyond where the eye can see.  It's a smoother ride down the pipe when it's all glazed.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,302
    Options
    $400 plus tax isn't bad considering the last couple of years inflation. I'm fond of 1 piece toilets as it leaves 2 less places to leak. On the down side you could develop a hernia trying to get them in the house and positioned correctly.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Farting around on various projects
    Options
    No idea what any of that is, but reassuring that a man so obviously talented in so many things made a considered decision to us a Mac.  

I bought mine because it looked nice. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Solar on a camper you say? 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Looking for new jobs. Tired of this mandatory 3 days a week in office BS. We functioned just fine full time WFH for 2+ years during covid.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Looking for new jobs. Tired of this mandatory 3 days a week in office BS. We functioned just fine full time WFH for 2+ years during covid.
    My current role requests we come in 2 days a week.  I have done it for a few times.  I spent the entire day on zoom calls and in a "walk-up" desk without monitors, keyboards, or a mouse.

I have since stopped doing it.  All it did was add 1.5hrs to my day for a commute and made my working conditions significantly worse.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    My current role requests we come in 2 days a week.  I have done it for a few times.  I spent the entire day on zoom calls and in a "walk-up" desk without monitors, keyboards, or a mouse.

I have since stopped doing it.  All it did was add 1.5hrs to my day for a commute and made my working conditions significantly worse.
    My commute in an hour each way in addition to daycare dropoff/pickup.

We come to the office and still sit on Microsoft teams in our individual cubes for all meetings. There is literally no point in being here and it wastes a substantial amount of what would be personal time with the family.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I'm down with OTT - yeah you know me!
    Laughing, haven't heard that in a while.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    kl8ton said:

That is a proper American sized hamburger.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lovely meatball.  Where are the rest of them?!
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    FrostyEgg said:

My commute in an hour each way in addition to daycare dropoff/pickup.

We come to the office and still sit on Microsoft teams in our individual cubes for all meetings. There is literally no point in being here and it wastes a substantial amount of what would be personal time with the family.

FrostyEgg said:
    Not sustainable as an employee. I get what you’re saying. Hope you find something that better fits the new schedule you’ve become accustomed to. 

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of employees in your same predicament. Employers want asses back in the seats of the high priced offices they pay for 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Mother of God ^^^^
    Options
    Mother of God ^^^^
    Does God have a mother?  It seems like that contradicts what God is.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Mother of God ^^^^
    Does God have a mother?  It seems like that contradicts what God is.
    Of course….do you think god came from a test tube?
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Cooking for a Bday party today, though in some cured meats Capicola, Sopresatta, Pancetta and Basturma 

Betting not a little kid's party. 
    Great plate right there.  Eating well for this event. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Go green!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    At Other Half brewery

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    At Other Half brewery

Hope you are enjoying many halves. Looks like a fun trip. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,657
    Options
    Damnit boy @lkapigian
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,294
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Never too early to start planning for Halloween, @ozzie_isaac.