Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Jstroke said:
    Up here in Troy MI to meet a customer tomorrow. Stopped for a quick bite. Awesomeness on a plate.

Might have to drive over there! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Made it thru this cold day with the only emergency call being a woman trapped in her camper. Door latch frozen shut. 15 seconds with a torch on the door latch had her out.  No water issues! I was able to work on the house im fixing up. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited February 2023
    kl8ton said:
    Made it thru this cold day with the only emergency call being a woman trapped in her camper. Door latch frozen shut. 15 seconds with a torch on the door latch had her out.  No water issues! I was able to work on the house im fixing up. 
    Sounds like a win!  Good prep and planning.  If @fishlessman had been involved I think that camper may have been lit on fire.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Trying to knock out this ceiling.  Prototype of craftsman crown.  Might go with that, pita to make tho.  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Tom Brady just retired. Again. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Awaiting Mr FDA for day 3
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    kl8ton said:
    Sounds like a win!  Good prep and planning.  If @fishlessman had been involved I think that camper may have been lit on fire.

then i could have saved that poor woman from a burning camper......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    I am willing to bet they do not compensate you for your time or production slow down.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Trying to knock out this ceiling.  Prototype of craftsman crown.  Might go with that, pita to make tho.  
    I have a ton of dentil in my house. Make sure you go ahead and cut 50 or so extra knobs for later. Matching thickness is a **** (though you probably have the tools to work that out)

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    I have a ton of dentil in my house. Make sure you go ahead and cut 50 or so extra knobs for later. Matching thickness is a **** (though you probably have the tools to work that out)

I didn't know there was a name for this stuff, here I am thinking I invented it.

I'm making it from my stocks of recycled lumber - heart pine, cypress, etc.

Legume said:
    @TEXASBGE2018 I've seen it before, I think it's a company thing maybe.  What I've seen normally is "Passing Side" on the left and "Suicide" on the right.

Like this pic I found

LoL, this company is 10 miles fromme, I know the owner Wildwood Express 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    I am willing to bet they do not compensate you for your time or production slow down.
    Aside from him being 3.5 hours late this morning….he ain’t stepped foot in my facility yet in nearly 14 hours on site
  • lkapigian said:
    Legume said:
    @TEXASBGE2018 I've seen it before, I think it's a company thing maybe.  What I've seen normally is "Passing Side" on the left and "Suicide" on the right.

Like this pic I found

LoL, this company is 10 miles fromme, I know the owner Wildwood Express 
    Is he or she both wild and fruity?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Aside from him being 3.5 hours late this morning….he ain’t stepped foot in my facility yet in nearly 14 hours on site
    Interesting.  Do you just bring him paperwork he asks for, or is he just chilling in his car?
  • ColbyLang
    He’s been in my office. Reviewing documentation and policy. Just left for his 75 minute lunch break 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    The average annual salary for an FDA inspector is $61,900, yet it's important work.  I don't know if it's still the same, but years ago the same inspectors had to cover both food and drug. That a very, very broad set of knowledge and responsibilities for $30/hour.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    The average annual salary for an FDA inspector is $61,900, yet it's important work.  I don't know if it's still the same, but years ago the same inspectors had to cover both food and drug. That a very, very broad set of knowledge and responsibilities for $30/hour.
    Covering drugs would be the hard part.  Need to make sure you are wearing the right colors depending on which dealers you are inspecting.
  • nolaegghead
    IE don’t wear Crip colors to the Bloods and vice versa, you dumpkopf….🤪
    edited February 2023
    So in anticipation of this sheep hunt raffle I bid on…Just did a short hike
    Didn’t quite make it 5 miles but did a fast 3 miles with a 10 lb pack and still kept it under 20 min /mile. Impressed as out of shape I am. My plan is to add 5 lbs to the pack for every 2 lbs I loose; ultimately reaching 80lbs in the bag. Along the way start adding vertical ascents and descents as well as side hilling. Once I get to a comfortable 5 miles, then I’m doing 5 miles down and back side hill (work each side) 

Tried wearing some of my gear I plan on using for shits and giggles. Weather today is foggy / drizzling rain and overcast with a slight wind …and mid 40’s figured you practice how you play .. so put on some Merino base layers and took off.

Sweat management for me is going to be tough but I knew that from my days of when I used to run cross country..As I have gotten older though it seems to have gotten worse… looks like I went swimming in my merino shirt, and once I stopped the wind cut through me. There’s some German night club looking mesh base layers the Norwegians came up with supposed to wick sweat 10X better… all the sheep hunters are raving about once got introduced over here  … Got some on order but I’m not exactly thrilled about modeling them. 
    This is all wishful thinking .. but don’t want to get caught with my pants down if I do win. Regardless I’m setting money aside for a Dall trip in 2-3 years even if the stone hunt doesn’t happen; planning on springing for either an Alaskan or BC Dall. 

Tonight is gym and carving time 

• ColbyLang
    Legume said:
    Ain’t knocking the profession. I own a 40,000 sq foot facility he’s there to inspect. Day is over, he’s yet to leave my office. Hasn’t stepped foot into my bakery. Blows my mind about the amount of time wasted. All about CYA. Where’s the document for the process? Same dude inspected us 11-15-21……ain’t nothing changed since then except sesame seeds are now an allergen

He’s coming back Monday as we told him he was not allowed back tomorrow or Friday as we have a pre planned GFSI audit starting that we paid for. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Got the bead board up, now if I could just find the ceiling fan blades…  crown and hvac vent cover and I’m done 
    Is that in your home or your office?  Regardless, it looks absolutely amazing.
  • nolaegghead
    That is SWMBO’s office at home.  Also a spare bedroom.  Getting rid of the sleep number bed and putting a Murphy bed in for space

Well, how was that for you?  Amongst the gloaming we must now take stock before the PL resurges.  Todd Boehly has pillaged the money tree, Super Frank Lampard unexpectedly has time to tidy his shed, various teams have remained in the two Cup competitions, and a raft of well fiscally endowed young men are taking delivery of new Lamborghinis.  Back to the main event;

Friday 

Chelsea v Fulham,  two defeats on the bounce for the visitors but they are still two places to the good over their hosts, who have just splurged a metric gazillion pounds on new players.  Form and on home turf means Chels’ will nick it; 2-1

Saturday

Everton v Arsenal, gravel voiced and flaxen haired he was, new Everton manager he now is.  Free swing this one for him though, no hope. 0-3

Villa v Leicester, Foxes are still struggling while Villa are stable and looking up.  2-1

Brentford v Southampton, five unbeaten - with three wins amongst them for the hosts while Saints are back to their losing ways. 2-0

Brighton v Bournemouth, too much of an ask for the Cherries as the Filthy Seagulls just refuse to be rubbish, like what the ought to. 3-0

Man Utd v Palace, the 1-1 draw from a fortnight ago is very unlikely but would be a splendid result for the Eagles. But, a miserable 3-0 is looming, I fear.

Wolves v Liverpool, the Reds remain somewhere between unreliable and skittish while Wolves loiter perilously close to the drop zone,  quality should count 0-1

Newcastle v West Ham,  the Hammers really don’t need a trip to the tightest defence in the league. Can’t see them getting anything out of this at all. 2-0

Sunday

Forest v Leeds, absolute clash of the 70’s and 80’s titans here. Not so much now although the stakes are higher with neither giving any confidence.  Blood and guts encounter. 2-2

Spurs v Man City, Citeh are not on top form, but Spurs are just Spursy, could be a decent match but the visitors should shade it. 

Copy filed early to permit even greater levels of euphoria amongst the Egg collective. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Watching “My Scientology Movie.” What a trip.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike