Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacmaster 230 On Sale

Options
GregW
GregW Posts: 2,677
If anyone is in the market for the Vacmaster 230, Vacmasterfresh.com has it on sale for $994.95 free shipping and no tax.
I just placed an order on Amazon and canceled it. I will save $455.98 by ordering from the manufacture.
My only concern is the sale says "while supplies last" so I wonder if it is being discontinued. I placed the order and will call in the morning to verify.

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Wow! That would buy a lot of ziplock bags  :). Just kidding, congrats on the purchase.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,516
    Options
    Sweet deal. I paid 1k loonies + 13% tax for vp215 back in 2015. You'll love the 230, larger capacity than the 215.
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Score! I am not in the market. I did go to their website and see no such sale. Maybe you got the last deal!  Let us know how you like it.  Are you upgrading or is this your first vacuum sealer?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Score! I am not in the market. I did go to their website and see no such sale. Maybe you got the last deal!  Let us know how you like it.  Are you upgrading or is this your first vacuum sealer?
    discount applied when you check out...

canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Great deal! I think swmbo paid that for the 215. The larger seal bar would be nice.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    I do not need this. 
    I do not need this. 
    I do not need this. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I did not need this. 

• GregW
    Options
    I called Vacmaster this morning. They confirmed the model has not been discontinued. They said my order had already been sent to the shipping company and normally takes four days to deliver. The only issue is it is coming by a freight company and will be delivered by appointment. This is a little less convenient than Amazon, but the savings will be worth it.
  • GregW
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I'm replacing a Weston 2300- the Weston is in good working order, but does not see much use due to the cost of the bags, and the difficulty of sealing wet foods. The Weston will need a new home soon.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Just went up to 1188

VP230
    $1,485.00
    $1,188.00
    (We goofed on our pricing.)

Amazon is on sale @ $181.00 more , not bad either way 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Just went up to 1188

VP230
    $1,485.00
    $1,188.00

I just saw that. Out of curiosity I signed up for 10 percent off my first purchase. Now I'm on their list.  

First email I received gave me a promo code.

Next email:

And the most recent email:

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    GregW said:
    That's odd- the sale is now listed as 20% off and $1188.00
    Luckily my order has been shipped at 33% off and $994.95
    I don't get lucky often.
    I ordered late last night/early this morning and it went through at $995. Got confirmation email and then shipping email.
    Thank you!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    The vacmasterfresh.com accountant this morning when he logged on:

Oh No Omg GIF
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    The vacmasterfresh.com accountant this morning when he logged on:

Oh No Omg GIF
    Hahaha!  That was my thought too.  Also, an intern got fired today.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Everyone should have a chamber sealer.  Just the savings in cheese alone will pay for itself!  Plus it is fun.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Anyone have any tips on a good non VacMaster pump oil that’s readily available. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Canugghead
    Options
    You snooze, you lose, literally  =)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    GregW said:
    kl8ton said:
    I'm replacing a Weston 2300- the Weston is in good working order, but does not see much use due to the cost of the bags, and the difficulty of sealing wet foods. The Weston will need a new home soon.
    My old FS comes in handy for sealing large items that don't fit the 215, but your 230 is roomier. However, I use it all the time for making customised smaller bags out of large ones. The restaurant supply place I visit sells large ones by 1000s, medium by 2000s, small by 4000s! I bought 1000 10x13 only and cut a bunch into halves and quarters in advance.
    canuckland
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

JB Industries DVO-24 Bottle of Black Gold Vacuum Pump Oil, 1 gallon - GIDDS-2463009 https://a.co/d/gHSNDUh
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

JB Industries DVO-24 Bottle of Black Gold Vacuum Pump Oil, 1 gallon - GIDDS-2463009 https://a.co/d/gHSNDUh
    Thank you very much
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    @caliking
    Might need some of your past history advice sneaking this into the house or hiding it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Everyone should have a chamber sealer.  Just the savings in cheese alone will pay for itself!  Plus it is fun.

What thickness of bags and brand do you prefer?
    Thickness of 3mil-5mil are readily available. Seems like the thicker the bag the less stretch you get around your food without mushing it. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    @caliking
    Might need some of your past history advice sneaking this into the house or hiding it.
    Lately, I've had success with "No idea how that got here." I think she has given up =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    caliking said:
    Photo Egg said:
    @caliking
    Lately, I've had success with "No idea how that got here." I think she has given up =)
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

What thickness of bags and brand do you prefer?
    Thickness of 3mil-5mil are readily available. Seems like the thicker the bag the less stretch you get around your food without mushing it. 
    These are the ones I settled on after some interwebz searches.  I haven't tried other brands.  These seem to hold a seal well, do good in sous vide, and flex around food.  They are 3mil thick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MY1PNFD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    Photo Egg said:
    @caliking
    That doesn't fly at my house, although SWMBO doesn't seem to mind unless it takes up valuable counter space.  (which this does).  Extole the virtues of your brilliant purchase and bask in the praise that you shall (or more likely, shall not) receive.  

Options
    kl8ton said:
    lkapigian said:
    Just went up to 1188

VP230
    $1,485.00
    $1,188.00

I just saw that. Out of curiosity I signed up for 10 percent off my first purchase. Now I'm on their list.  

Next email:

I did that as well, did not allow me to apply the coupon to the already discounted price...at that point it is basically the same as the Amazon Sale price now +-, I prefer not to have to many accounts out there and already have amazon
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2023
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    kl8ton said:
    lkapigian said:
    Just went up to 1188

VP230
    $1,485.00
    $1,188.00

Next email:

I did that as well, did not allow me to apply the coupon to the already discounted price...at that point it is basically the same as the Amazon Sale price now +-, I prefer not to have to many accounts out there and already have amazon
    I get around this by checking out as a guest and paying with PayPal.  I can track all purchases in the App and let PP handle all the personal data.