Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    kl8ton said:

Super fun day yesterday. Fixing water that professionals fixed 2 months ago. 5 feet down. I don't have a mini-ex.
    This photo betrays you. You do have a mini-excavator. 
    I arrived at my parents for Christmas probably on the 23rd after dark one year. The coldest weather in years. It turns out that the house contractor didn’t want to pay for a cast iron to PVC adapter so he just split the pvc line running to the septic tank and shoved it over the cast iron drain line from the bathroom. Fun times!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Very frustrated the Niners didn't have the foresight to carry a 5th string qb
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    lkapigian said:
    Leaving Las Vegas … off to our 30 minute flight home , Haley is exhausted lol

Thank you for contributing to my salary. Come back anytime. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    lkapigian said:
    Leaving Las Vegas … off to our 30 minute flight home , Haley is exhausted lol

Thank you for contributing to my salary. Come back anytime. 
    LoL, you are welcome and thank you for your service! Usually here a year, but this is the first time in several, COVID took its toll for sure 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Pop up FDA inspection. Yay! Surprise! 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Wondering if I should tempt fate. Never seen this phrasing on a truck before. Is this a Minnesota thing @WeberWho ?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,660
    ColbyLang said:

good thing you got all that dumped flour back into the hopper =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    @TEXASBGE2018 I've seen it before, I think it's a company thing maybe.  What I've seen normally is "Passing Side" on the left and "Suicide" on the right.

Like this pic I found

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

good thing you got all that dumped flour back into the hopper =)
    yeah, glad he didn’t show up that day 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Wondering if I should tempt fate. Never seen this phrasing on a truck before. Is this a Minnesota thing @WeberWho ?

Being that close to a rock/dirt/asphalt truck your windshield is already at risk.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008

I haven't seen that before. Interesting. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    More refers to turning. They can’t see on a right hand turn with a trailer that length 
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:
    More refers to turning. They can’t see on a right hand turn with a trailer that length 

these trucks should have side cameras.  was getting scary beginning of covid when the dot disappeared from the roads. tired truck drivers all over the place
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452

Being that close to a rock/dirt/asphalt truck your windshield is already at risk.
    That's assuming there was no camera zoom nor crop/enlarge due to editing (so it doesn't get flipped to its side by Vanilla  =) )
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

I am not looking forward to these numbers. I just walked around and checked all 68 of our heated water hydrants. Everything's working. At these temps something always goes wrong.  I believe this is colder than the Christmas weekend.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • @kl8ton you are fahked.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    @kl8ton you are fahked.
    I appreciate your optimism!   🤣
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited January 2023
    kl8ton said:

I am not looking forward to these numbers. I just walked around and checked all 68 of our heated water hydrants. Everything's working. At these temps something always goes wrong.  I believe this is colder than the Christmas weekend.
    Good luck @kl8ton

Just be happy you’re not here. Temps in Celsius. And yes, that’s a -32C (-26F) before wind chill, if you believe in such things. @lousubcap 😉

• kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton you are fahked.

Usually people living in campers are good-natured and used to things not working so you have that. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton you are fahked.

Usually people living in campers are good-natured and used to things not working so you have that. 
    I might frame this and hang it in the office.  When a grumpy person comes in wanting their money back I'll just point to it.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    Cold is cold without the weather enhancements but I get the deal if you have to be out in it.  Always remember, the younger you are the easier it is to cope. 
    BTW- on DEC 23rd we bottomed out at -8*F aka -22 *C. Not anywhere -32*C but the further north you go the more exotic car sightings you get.  So there's that.
    Be well my friend!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton you are fahked.

I might frame this and hang it in the office.  When a grumpy person comes in wanting their money back I'll just point to it.
    I can’t imagine running a service business these days with all the entitled a holes running around and besides that the online reviews they can leave.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton you are fahked.

I can’t imagine running a service business these days with all the entitled a holes running around and besides that the online reviews they can leave.
    Yep.  Main reason why campground owners/managers quit.  The average duration is 7 years.  Its the entitlement.  There are those that don't give a thought to cutting one of your trees down for firewood or to inflating a portable hot tub on their site.  They will tell you their dogs are "good" and don't need to be on a leash.  I just listened to a lady complain for 5 minutes about the tree roots that are always on a certain site - do I have any other SHADY sites that don't have tree roots?  The list goes on and on and on.  A lot of business is based on your Google Review number too. I walk a fine line of rule enforcer and being easygoing.  I try to come off as easygoing while keeping everyone in line.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited January 2023
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton you are fahked.

Yep.  Main reason why campground owners/managers quit.  The average duration is 7 years.  Its the entitlement.  There are those that don't give a thought to cutting one of your trees down for firewood or to inflating a portable hot tub on their site.  They will tell you their dogs are "good" and don't need to be on a leash.  I just listened to a lady complain for 5 minutes about the tree roots that are always on a certain site - do I have any other SHADY sites that don't have tree roots?  The list goes on and on and on.  A lot of business is based on your Google Review number too. I walk a fine line of rule enforcer and being easygoing.  I try to come off as easygoing while keeping everyone in line.  
    Hey now.  I have two dogs who don't do leashes.  Granted they never leave my side unless I tell them it is okay and their recall is better than 99% of kids under the age of 28.  They also have zero prey drive.

On the tree root front, did you ask they city folk how they keep their trees from falling over?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton you are fahked.

Hey now.  I have two dogs who don't do leashes.  Granted they never leave my side unless I tell them it is okay and their recall is better than 99% of kids under the age of 28.  They also have zero prey drive.

On the tree root front, did you ask they city folk how they keep their trees from falling over?
    I had a guy in here with Australian Shepherds. He never leashed them. He was here many months for work. They minded him. He had total control. I never asked him to put them on leashes. He would take them out for about 30 minutes of running after a tennis ball that he threw with some sort of ball flinger. You and him are in the .01% of dog owners with well trained animals. We have at least 3 dog attacks/fights in here every summer. 

I get a kick out of the requests for really grassy sites with shade. Um.... It's really hard to grow grass in the shade where every week a new camper lays down a 6 x8 outdoor mat or two. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    -19f friday night when i get up to the camp to turn the heat up. been a mild winter so far though this will be a wakeup call.
    fukahwee maine

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    -19f friday night when i get up to the camp to turn the heat up. been a mild winter so far though this will be a wakeup call.
    Same here, went over the weekend, first time to -30C this year so burnt a lot of wood. PSA check your CO alarm. Had ours go off, found that the propane fridge vent froze up on us. Never happened before.
  • fishlessman
    poster said:
    Same here, went over the weekend, first time to -30C this year so burnt a lot of wood. PSA check your CO alarm. Had ours go off, found that the propane fridge vent froze up on us. Never happened before.

for me its the exhaust/intake vent on the kerosene monitor heater that plugs up with ice.  atleast it  stinks enough that you go outside and give it a wack.
    fukahwee maine

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike