Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I honestly don’t know where to post this.

Comments

• What makes me laugh about the dislike on this post is it is because it is "making fun of cops".  However, it was sent to me by a sheriff. Lol.
    I don’t know the back story on that one.  I’m not sure I want to, to be frank…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    I didn't get the joke then came across the story yesterday.  Pretty funny.  Nothing to do with being a cop.
  • Legume said:
    I didn't get the joke then came across the story yesterday.  Pretty funny.  Nothing to do with being a cop.
    And everything to do with doing a cop(s)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    ^^^^ Learn something new dang near every day here.  Definitely figured KY would be a solid blue but a source for the above would enhance the credibility.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    lousubcap said:
    ^^^^ Learn something new dang near every day here.  Definitely figured KY would be a solid blue but a source for the above would enhance the credibility.   B)
    Maybe they just had to pass laws where it was a problem? 🤷‍♂️
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    lousubcap said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    edited January 2023
    Health Canada recommends two drinks per week and this beauty is not impressed..<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qn9ory59Urs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

damn embedding never works...oh well. I thought it was funny.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • keener75 said:
    Health Canada recommends two drinks per week and this beauty is not impressed..<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qn9ory59Urs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn9ory59Urs

• Yeah- those aren’t midi-chlorians she’s full of. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    edited January 2023
    Well, two drinks per week-Since most days here are "Everyday is Saturday" I am likely better than one hand full a day and when protracted Q cooking getting close to a two hand full whopper.  
    But this is spread over many hours.  General accepted pace is one per hour from start til declaring victory.  But that can definitely be accelerated situation depending. That is a no driving day.
    And "no brown water consumed out of one's own home" even if visiting (on foot) neighbors.
    But I'm old so there's that- =)
    Edit: I have some House Rules that facilitate the above:
    All time of day independent:  "Fire the fire", time for an adult supervisory beverage.
    Load the protein or other food to be cooked, time for an adult supervisory beverage.
    Then as desired to maintain the proper altitude and focus (or not) for the duration.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited January 2023
    keener75 said:

JiC told me, to embed a EweTube video, to highlight the URL in the Location box, paste it here in a post, and then eliminate the "s" in the "https://blabla"* portion of the URL; that didn't work for me.
    What did for me was, while watching the video on EweTube site, click the "Share" button below the video window.  About 2/3rds of the way down you'll see a URL with a "Copy" button next to it, click that (note that it's different from the URL at the top of the window).  Then hit "Paste" on a Egghead Comment box, without any formatting or hitting the link button.  
    That's working for me, for now, until something else changes (which happens every 15 months or so, it seems).  I'm on a Mac/latest OS/Safari.  
    Hope that helps.  

*EDIT:  Eff me.  "h t t p s : / / blabla"  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dmchicago
    What is ewe tube. 

I know you tube. But never heard of ewe tube. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch said:
    keener75 said:

JiC told me, to embed a EweTube video, to highlight the URL in the Location box, paste it here in a post, and then eliminate the "s" in the "https://blabla"* portion of the URL; that didn't work for me.

It always works if it’s the right format and when you paste it in it’s not a hyper-link.  The format has to do with the way the YT link itself shows up.  It has to be http://www.youtube.com/yqgyh etc.    I just select the URL from the top of the browser on the YouTube page, instead of clicking on anything within YT to give me a link.   

This approach also works with tweets, for anyone who peruses Twitter any more.  
  • Botch
    JohnInCarolina said:
    I just select the URL from the top of the browser on the YouTube page, instead of clicking on anything within YT to give me a link.  
    Can't remember where it was, but I did exactly that and it didn't work.  What OS/browser are you using?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aa6spLQh9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aa6spLQh9A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aa6spLQh9A

And here's a screenshot of my "Leave a Comment" (I see the above two lines are links, let me type in the URL too).

Let me see what this looks like...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Ah.  I learned something.
    But,  clicking on the "Share" and then "Copy" is quicker, for me, than selecting/scrolling across the whole URL at the top of the page (if I just click on it, it copies the Link to my clipboard, not the URL).  
    Learn something new every day week!  

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    lousubcap said:
    Well, two drinks per week-Since most days here are "Everyday is Saturday" I am likely better than one hand full a day and when protracted Q cooking getting close to a two hand full whopper.  
    But this is spread over many hours.  General accepted pace is one per hour from start til declaring victory.  But that can definitely be accelerated situation depending. That is a no driving day.
    And "no brown water consumed out of one's own home" even if visiting (on foot) neighbors.
    But I'm old so there's that- =)
    Edit: I have some House Rules that facilitate the above:
    All time of day independent:  "Fire the fire", time for an adult supervisory beverage.
    Load the protein or other food to be cooked, time for an adult supervisory beverage.
    Then as desired to maintain the proper altitude and focus (or not) for the duration.  FWIW-
    I agree whole heartedly with your response Frank and the slower I read it the more it makes sense! 
    I like the way you roll!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Botch said:
    Ah.  I learned something.
    But,  clicking on the "Share" and then "Copy" is quicker, for me, than selecting/scrolling across the whole URL at the top of the page (if I just click on it, it copies the Link to my clipboard, not the URL).  
    Learn something new every day week!  
    If you have a method that works for you, Botch, that’s all that really matters.  Let the s removal trick be an option for you if at some point the copy share approach fails.  

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• dmchicago
    Good luck with that. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago said:
    Good luck with that. 
    Word on the street is that the forum is thinking along the same lines
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    @dmchicago - lmao
  • dmchicago

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    By good fortune I have completely forgotten how to embed a video.

Even our batsh*t crazy former leaders have not gone down the particular rabbit hole of bonkersness 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay