Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    its good to see new england playing its part to keep the national average high

Is that legit the cheapest gas near you?
    I can get it for ten cents less at mobile. That BP price is for cash, it's ten cents more if you put it on a card.   The bigger pain is kerosene, I'm buying it in mass 15 gallons a week and pouring it into the tank up north, I might keep that tank mostly empty as I expect the oil to get stolen this winter with the seasonal camps
    Jeeze man, it’s like you live in medieval times.

its only a 4 hour trip to get the lamp oil to light the torches
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Even cheaper one light south at Costco, or one light north at Buc-ees. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Bucc-ee’s

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    You must have really low state gas taxes!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    finally some low prices. sunoco closed their pumps down back in june/july for new tanks pumps etc, just opened back up today. lowest prices around me but they set their pump speed on slow moe.  makes the place look busier but its a fifteen minute fill

fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    lowest prices around me but they set their pump speed on slow moe.  makes the place look busier but its a fifteen minute fill
    That makes no business sense whatsoever, especially if they have the lowest price.  :confused: 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Botch said:
    lowest prices around me but they set their pump speed on slow moe.  makes the place look busier but its a fifteen minute fill
    That makes no business sense whatsoever, especially if they have the lowest price.  :confused: 
    Don't try to push him away from his conspiracy theories. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Botch said:
    They have always done this, people turn the pump on for the fill and go inside the convenience store.  Beer, scratch. Things to buy. It's not like you are going any where. But now you know it's rigged. Still five bucks for premium across the street that just sells gas. Would also mention we had a guy dragged out of the shop in cuffs for buying drugs and groceries for drugs way after hours on a shop gas card.
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Ah, that makes sense.
    I would buy a fast food item from the place next door, then set up a lawn chair in sight of the Sunoco attendant and eat eat while my tank filled.   =)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman

theres always that option to drive 1500 miles to the cheapest station.......or buy a round trip ticket to abaco
    fukahwee maine

• theres always that option to drive 1500 miles to the cheapest station.......or buy a round trip ticket to abaco
    $3.09 for me at the closest station, which is half a mile away.  Not bad.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman

theres always that option to drive 1500 miles to the cheapest station.......or buy a round trip ticket to abaco

what doesnt make much sense is the price difference of regular and premium has never been this out of whack before, 70 cents to a buck difference up here and im sure i can find it more if i look for it
    fukahwee maine

• theres always that option to drive 1500 miles to the cheapest station.......or buy a round trip ticket to abaco

what doesnt make much sense is the price difference of regular and premium has never been this out of whack before, 70 cents to a buck difference up here and im sure i can find it more if i look for it
    In retrospect, the Range Rover purchase was not my best decision.  
  • fishlessman

gets about 50 percent better mileage than my slug dakota on winter gas and its almost 100 percent faster. no regrets here
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    almost all stations are $2.89-$2.99 around here, Costco is $2.26.  makes me want to drive just so I can fill up.

gets about 50 percent better mileage than my slug dakota on winter gas and its almost 100 percent faster. no regrets here
    I just like to complain about the price of premium gas vs. regular.  Because it is in my DNA to complain about everything. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

I just like to complain about the price of premium gas vs. regular.  Because it is in my DNA to complain about everything. 
    Are you two the same person?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    dmchicago said:

i dont need a dumb-ass troll account to troll....so....no
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Legume said:
    almost all stations are $2.89-$2.99 around here, Costco is $2.26.  makes me want to drive just so I can fill up.

3.39 for regular is the lowest i see, way down from the highs
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    my egg hauller gets 5.6 mpg =)

f550 v10

fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    edited December 2022
    dmchicago said:

Typically, one with dissociative identity disorder will not be aware of their other personality(ies) so that is just the answer we could expect. :)

Hey @TheFishWhisperer - what's your favorite lettuce - iceberg or romaine? :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    dmchicago said:

Typically, one with dissociative identity disorder will not be aware of their other personality(ies) so that is just the answer we could expect. :)

Hey @TheFishWhisperer - what's your favorite lettuce - iceberg or romaine? :)

well just cause your troll account posts alot of cook pics.......
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited December 2022
    Around here the regular (87 octane) to premium (93 octane) up-charge went from $.60 to $.70 in the past couple of months.  Corporate greed at its finest.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking

So, you're saying you now get 6mpg instead of 4?

• fishlessman
    caliking said:

Was getting over 18 on average, now about 15.5 with winter gas. My old Dakota at 125 HP would drop to 11 mpg with. Winter gas. 510 HP with the rover gets over 20 mpg in the summer on the highways. I mostly drive highways.  For what it is, it's not bad on gas. Not sure if the south ever gets this crap gas in the winter but betting not
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    There are around 20 different gas formulations to meet VOC requirements in various states, regions and seasons.  Winter gas has less btu because it has shorter chain hydrocarbons which hold less energy but vaporize better when it’s cold - it’s for performance believe it or not.  Summer gas would have less VOCs and more btu but some engines and fuel systems would have a problem with it. 

Summer blends freeze at higher temps as much as -40F while winter blends can be -200F.
    There are around 20 different gas formulations to meet VOC requirements in various states, regions and seasons.  Winter gas has less btu because it has shorter chain hydrocarbons which hold less energy but vaporize better when it’s cold - it’s for performance believe it or not.  Summer gas would have less VOCs and more btu but some engines and fuel systems would have a problem with it. 

Summer blends freeze at higher temps as much as -40F while winter blends can be -200F.
    Before ethynol this wasnt much of a problem,  not really noticable if you kept the tank about a quarter full. Never seen a study comparing reg gas to ethynol comparing the mileage drop and emmisions with a six mile per gallon drop or more on a low mpg vehicle. Performance wise the old Dakota couldn't pass a 1950s milk truck in the winter on ethynol 
    fukahwee maine

• caliking said:

Was getting over 18 on average, now about 15.5 with winter gas. My old Dakota at 125 HP would drop to 11 mpg with. Winter gas. 510 HP with the rover gets over 20 mpg in the summer on the highways. I mostly drive highways.  For what it is, it's not bad on gas. Not sure if the south ever gets this crap gas in the winter but betting not
    In New England, everything sucks in the winter.