Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Got our official closing date. Thursday before Christmas. It should an eventful holiday. 
    Make sure you are in touch with your loan officer and all underwriting conditions have been met and ask when final closing disclosure will be issued and when clear to close is issued.

Also, schedule your closing as early in the day as possible.

You don't want to get stuck over the Christmas weekend with no home.

Check with your agent to make sure all repairs have been completed and receipts issued.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Got our official closing date. Thursday before Christmas. It should an eventful holiday. Llßtressfull
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Got our official closing date. Thursday before Christmas. It should an eventful holiday. 
    Make sure you are in touch with your loan officer and all underwriting conditions have been met and ask when final closing disclosure will be issued and when clear to close is issued.

Check with your agent to make sure all repairs have been completed and receipts issued.
    If the home has been updated or added on to, make sure permits were pulled and inspections done. This burned me once.  You don't get grandfathered in because you bought the house after the repairs were done.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338

Appreciate all that. This is our first home purchase.

We have been in constant contact with our loan officer throughout the process. So far it has been pretty straightforward and easy. Our initial walkthrough with the builder is the 19th. I’m sure there will be surprised that pop up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• After you do this 4-5 times, it gets to be routine.  You’ll know all the issues to look for by then!  
  • CPFC1905 said:
    Cooked some lamb in the Large and roast potatoes in the MMX last night. We had a visitor arrive whilst I was setting up the cook. 

Top spuds there, fella. Maris piper?    Mr Fox looks like he's had a few off you, too. 
    Yep, Maris Piper indeed. Basted with duck fat from some duck breast I cooked the night before. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    CPFC1905 said:
    Cooked some lamb in the Large and roast potatoes in the MMX last night. We had a visitor arrive whilst I was setting up the cook. 

Top spuds there, fella. Maris piper?    Mr Fox looks like he's had a few off you, too. 
    Yep, Maris Piper indeed. Basted with duck fat from some duck breast I cooked the night before. 
    That's quite a skill set to ID the potatoes.  Impressive.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    lousubcap said:

I don't wish to betray any of the skills I might or might not have picked up in my professional life, but my hypothesis was derived not from the image but the author.
    @Stormbringer is a talented and thoughtful purveyor of high quality fare, there's no tolerance of sub-optimal ingredients or technique.  There can have been only one potato choice. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Set up my out of office email and shut the work laptop down.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Got our official closing date. Thursday before Christmas. It should an eventful holiday. Llßtressfull
    my first one was stressful, mortgage broker didnt get my closing amount done til about ten minutes before actually closing, my bank was in a different state. my second one was easy, closed in the morning and showed up with a bunch of yahoos ready for a 7 day fishing trip, kegs of beer, dogs everywhere. my new neighbors were pretty stressed =) atleast that was what i was told at the local diner. during that first week. i made the town news
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

Appreciate all that. This is our first home purchase.

We have been in constant contact with our loan officer throughout the process. So far it has been pretty straightforward and easy. Our initial walkthrough with the builder is the 19th. I’m sure there will be surprised that pop up. 
    Also,

*WIRE FRAUD IS REAL*. Before wiring any money, call the intended recipient at a number you know is valid to confirm the instructions.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I’ve twice had errors in the fees on the pre-close settlement statements, so, make sure you take your time and review carefully.  One I caught at closing and it delayed us a couple of hours, but it was worth it.  “It happens more than you realize” is what the escrow agent told me.
  • It's been 20 years but I remember something like 90 pages. Plenty of room to slip in a deal killer clause.I also remember carrying a sack full of silverware. The old people had missed that drawer. I didn't find the teapot behind the water heater until after closing though.
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    I’ve twice had errors in the fees on the pre-close settlement statements, so, make sure you take your time and review carefully.  One I caught at closing and it delayed us a couple of hours, but it was worth it.  “It happens more than you realize” is what the escrow agent told me.

i had a bank come back within 10 years on a 30 year. no paperwork for the refinance with a rate lower than all the others. not sure why but it was like a cleanup crew hiding something that they illegally did ten years earlier. 9 days start to finish, no money out of pocket. it was unbelievable. the last refinance took three months and a foot of correspondence before i bailed on them and went with a different company
    fukahwee maine

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,010
    edited November 2022
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:

I don't wish to betray any of the skills I might or might not have picked up in my professional life, but my hypothesis was derived not from the image but the author.
    @Stormbringer is a talented and thoughtful purveyor of high quality fare, there's no tolerance of sub-optimal ingredients or technique.  There can have been only one potato choice. 
    ^^ the last sentence nailed it. Maris Pipers all day for roast potatoes. King Edwards at a push. :D

Tonight’s batch … 

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Legume said:

i had a bank come back within 10 years on a 30 year. no paperwork for the refinance with a rate lower than all the others. not sure why but it was like a cleanup crew hiding something that they illegally did ten years earlier. 9 days start to finish, no money out of pocket. it was unbelievable. the last refinance took three months and a foot of correspondence before i bailed on them and went with a different company
    One bank came back at me saying I owed them $ because they f’d the closing.  I wrote a few pointed emails and had a few calls with them and they realized their loan agent was a clown and they just covered it for us.  I think it was $2-3k, and they were right, they under-collected from me.
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

One bank came back at me saying I owed them $ because they f’d the closing.  I wrote a few pointed emails and had a few calls with them and they realized their loan agent was a clown and they just covered it for us.  I think it was $2-3k, and they were right, they under-collected from me.

there used to be just the one clown, seems this year im dealing with a whole circus, this last refinance was like 15 people from several states and time zones
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:

^^ the last sentence nailed it. Maris Pipers all day for roast potatoes. King Edwards at a push. :D

Tonight’s batch … 

Do you not get russet potatoes or even yukon gold?
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Wondering why old people in airports have to have conversations on speakerphone 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,010
    edited November 2022
    CPFC1905 said:
    lousubcap said:

Tonight’s batch … 

Do you not get russet potatoes or even yukon gold?
    Not as readily as Maris Pipers. I have made roast potatoes with russet, still prefer the MP varietal. Ramos varietal for fries though. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410

Doing another water project for our winter campers.  About to cut the water back on in 10 minutes.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Big hole little pipe
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

Doing another water project for our winter campers.  About to cut the water back on in 10 minutes.
    I like the fact you do all your outdoor water projects in the winter.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    Just delivered to the small staffed local firehouse 4 racks (yes, there were four) of BB ribs, done on the stick burner.  Nekked for the duration.  Should have been tomorrow but life for Thanksgiving is crowding my schedule.  

Nailed it l@lousubcap
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian