Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Rotisserie

I can’t compare with the Joetisserie since I never got one, but I’m pretty impressed with the new BGE Rotisserie! This is the XL version and it’s super easy to “install”. Love how quiet the motor is. First cook today was just a chicken and it was incredible. Utilized the divider on my BGE basket to keep lump only in the back. Picanha is next up!h
Craig aka Cmac Cooks
Amesbury, MA
#BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    edited November 2022
    Good looking bird there. Can’t find it online, details? 
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 140
    Should be hitting Platinum dealers within a few days!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    @pgprescott, Santa wants to bring one of these to my house, when will you have them!?!?
    Clinton, Iowa
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Langner91 said:
    @pgprescott, Santa wants to bring one of these to my house, when will you have them!?!?
    On order. I’ll let you know. 
  • How much are they?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Langner91
    How much are they?
    Probably less than another Egg.  But, probably more than it should be.

But, it is so freakin' cool! 
    Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I can't imagine any more expensive than the Kamado Joe version of it. Is there any benefit over the Kamado Joe version of it other then the name?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    WeberWho said:
    I can't imagine any more expensive than the Kamado Joe version of it. Is there any benefit over the Kamado Joe version of it other then the name?

Well, the Joetisserie has the motor on the left, whereas, the BGE clone has the motor on the right which is clearly the superior position. Or something.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:

Well, the Joetisserie has the motor on the left, whereas, the BGE clone has the motor on the right which is clearly the superior position. Or something.
    Well, aren’t most people right handed? That’s the main reason Traeger moved their pellet hoppers and controller to the right side of the unit. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:

Well, aren’t most people right handed? That’s the main reason Traeger moved their pellet hoppers and controller to the right side of the unit. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Yes, Pete, but I really don’t get why the motor being on the right or the left makes much difference. I mean since this is just a Chinese knockoff product of yet another successful product then who cares the side nor the rotation direction?

And BTW Happy Thanksgiving two weeks away to you!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • iudex
    iudex Posts: 79
    You do have to appreciate BGE for changing their mind every now and then.

From one of their websites:
    No, because when you add the convEGGtor for indirect cooking, the EGG acts as a convection oven and a rotisserie isn't necessary.

It seems something must have drastically changed in the world of cooking :D

Glad I already have a rotisserie, so I don:t have to justify the BGE mark-up.
  • pgprescott
    RRP said:
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:

Yes, Pete, but I really don’t get why the motor being on the right or the left makes much difference. I mean since this is just a Chinese knockoff product of yet another successful product then who cares the side nor the rotation direction?

And BTW Happy Thanksgiving two weeks away to you!

I was kinda kidding Ron. Anyway, they are all knock offs. A guy had that rotisserie out over a decade ago. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

I will say that people that make products ergonomically care deeply about the placement of controls etc. Me, not as much. It’s not one of my life’s passions. 😁
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    The right hand motor would work much better in my setup, due to my outlet location.  Anyone want to trade a BGE rotisserie for a Kamado Joe Rotisserie?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Langner91
    I need to figure out how to separate / isolate my coals in a large...

I need to start bending some stainless, I guess.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Kick ash makes a divider. As does Ceramic Grill Store
  • I'm sure it will sell well. I got the Joe version six years ago and I'm very happy with it. Looks like the BGE version has a handle on the spit rod, which is a nice little improvement, but otherwise not much difference I can see.

Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    OhioEgger said:
    I'm sure it will sell well. I got the Joe version six years ago and I'm very happy with it. Looks like the BGE version has a handle on the spit rod, which is a nice little improvement, but otherwise not much difference I can see.

Looks like the motor also mounts higher up, which is really nice if you have side shelves or a table.  The Kamado Joe motor hangs down pretty far and can interfere with those.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    OhioEgger said:
    I'm sure it will sell well. I got the Joe version six years ago and I'm very happy with it. Looks like the BGE version has a handle on the spit rod, which is a nice little improvement, but otherwise not much difference I can see.

I just saw a comparison on youtube between a Joetisserie and a LetzQ(uk version).  The LetzQ has a handle on the spit as well.  Trying to figure out how well the Joetisserie fits and if the lid closure is pretty snug.  Watching that video shows one being cast aluminum and the other being powder coated steel but with the lid not fitting snug on the Joe.  I was going to ask my wife to get me a Joetisserie for Christmas but maybe I should wait for the bge version???  
  • pgprescott
    OhioEgger said:

Looks like the motor also mounts higher up, which is really nice if you have side shelves or a table.  The Kamado Joe motor hangs down pretty far and can interfere with those.
    There you go getting all engineery on us. Noticing the details and all. 😁
  • How much are they?
    The price of a Joetisserie plus $100 is a good first guess.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    They could’ve made it a switch hitter?
    canuckland
  • am i missing something? cant you just set it in the holder with the motor on either side?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    am i missing something? cant you just set it in the holder with the motor on either side?
    Nope, there is a cast in boss for the motor.  Due to the geometry involved, it only fits.in one orientation.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    am i missing something? cant you just set it in the holder with the motor on either side?

The "ring" that sits on the base is a wedge so it only fits one way. But they could have rigged the mount so that the motor could be mounted on either side but for some reason opted not to.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Oh goody!  Yet another gadget to temp me!  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr said:
    Oh goody!  Yet another gadget to temp me!  =)

• CGS
    CGS Posts: 71
    I am told EGG needs to sticker the box with one small notification and should be out in week or two. Price is set and we have on order. T