Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Curious @Ozzie_Isaac why don’t you eliminate the rattle snakes?  I just assume it would not be worth the risk of them coming back to the horses. 
    They don't bother the horses.  I am more worried about my dogs.  I have had one horse and one dog bit.  The horse was messing with the snake and kinda deserved it.  The dog didn't deserve it, he stepped on one bedded down and covered in dust.

I don't kill them because they were here first, I like seeing them, and as JIC said they help with rodents.  It is always a rush to see one. If I can safely relocate them I will.  In certain situations, I will kill them, but that is never my first choice.

Best way to keep them away is to keep the rats and mice away.  I have a large gopher snake around that does a good job of that.  I don't bother him at all.  He keeps mice down which helps with rattlers.  Supposedly he will eat baby rattlesnakes too, not sure if that is true or not

I also grew up with rattlesnakes being around, so it is just a part of life in the desert, especially when you don't live in a neighborhood.

pretty happy here not having rattlers around.  my property is covered with nonvenomous water snakes for the rodents, they are aggressive enough and will chase you down after spooking them. my nephew was bit this last summer, they dont let go, he was waking around with it dangling off his hand for a good twenty minutes
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Curious @Ozzie_Isaac why don’t you eliminate the rattle snakes?  I just assume it would not be worth the risk of them coming back to the horses. 
    They don't bother the horses.  I am more worried about my dogs.  I have had one horse and one dog bit.  The horse was messing with the snake and kinda deserved it.  The dog didn't deserve it, he stepped on one bedded down and covered in dust.

I don't kill them because they were here first, I like seeing them, and as JIC said they help with rodents.  It is always a rush to see one. If I can safely relocate them I will.  In certain situations, I will kill them, but that is never my first choice.

Best way to keep them away is to keep the rats and mice away.  I have a large gopher snake around that does a good job of that.  I don't bother him at all.  He keeps mice down which helps with rattlers.  Supposedly he will eat baby rattlesnakes too, not sure if that is true or not

I also grew up with rattlesnakes being around, so it is just a part of life in the desert, especially when you don't live in a neighborhood.

pretty happy here not having rattlers around.  my property is covered with nonvenomous water snakes for the rodents, they are aggressive enough and will chase you down after spooking them. my nephew was bit this last summer, they dont let go, he was waking around with it dangling off his hand for a good twenty minutes
    Any chance you can train water snakes to attack people trying to steal a boat?   Asking for a friend…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

Any chance you can train water snakes to attack people trying to steal a boat?   Asking for a friend…

i have my boat back, but i do know a guy thats not getting his free tanks of gas from the city soon. maybe he could use the snakes.......

these darn things will swim right up to you in a canoe, then get in the canoe with you

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    edited October 2022
    Options
    No fall colors here, but saw this photo and wanted to share.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Just wondering, did “ It’s been a minute “ replace “ it’s been forever “ since I’ve seen you ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Just wondering, did “ It’s been a minute “ replace “ it’s been forever “ since I’ve seen you ?
    And when did we stop using “how’s it hangin?”
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Alabama vs Tennessee. What a game!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    TIDE ROLLED!!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I enjoy watching college FB, but will turn off most games to watch the nat'l news (I'm a news buff). Looked like Tennessee had it in the bag, then when the news ended I switch back and its 49-49, 0:15 seconds to go!
    Glad I caught that ending; must've been a hell of a game (I had no horse in that race).

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    TIDE ROLLED!!!

Fantastic game. I read that with that loss, Tennessee is expected to up up to #5 in the polls, right behind #4 Alabama. Also, Alabama already secured their spot in the playoff with that loss. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    TIDE ROLLED!!!

Fantastic game. I read that with that loss, Tennessee is expected to up up to #5 in the polls, right behind #4 Alabama. Also, Alabama already secured their spot in the playoff with that loss. 
    Vegas would know……
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I am grillin' colita de cuadril al horno.  Not only do I not have a thermometer in the egg, as you can see, the lower gasket decided to leave too.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    It's not too late to catch all the run scoring action in the Mariners Astros game.  Tied at zero in the bottom of the 17th.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Pkl8ton said:
    It's not too late to catch all the run scoring action in the Mariners Astros game.  Tied at zero in the bottom of the 17th.
    As an Astros fan, I’m disappointed that Seattle took the trash cans out of their clubhouse. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Cleveland! Wow!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Shorter guy had gravitational advantage, when the big guy leaned forward all it took was a little tug  =)
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    F the dodgers.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    F the dodgers.
    They choked.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Saw this and wondered whether it might present a good new marketing opportunity for @lkapigian and others. 

Lol, I’m in ( so to speak )
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Saw this and wondered whether it might present a good new marketing opportunity for @lkapigian and others. 

Nothing new here, men with meat are always invited to orgies…

And before any of you guys get the wrong idea, I learned that from watching Caligula. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Nothing new here, men with meat are always invited to orgies…

And before any of you guys get the wrong idea, I learned that from watching Caligula. 
    This man speaks the truth.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:
    F the dodgers.
    They choked.
    I loved the part where they quoted Dave Roberts on the screen - guaranteeing a World Series win this year.  Still no World Series* since 1988.  Big dilemma for the owners and management, their payroll is massive, team is stacked like no other, but not getting it done for some reason.   Now for the trash can bangers to lose…
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    F the dodgers.
    They choked.
    I loved the part where they quoted Dave Roberts on the screen - guaranteeing a World Series win this year.  Still no World Series* since 1988.  Big dilemma for the owners and management, their payroll is massive, team is stacked like no other, but not getting it done for some reason.   Now for the trash can bangers to lose…
    I think they have done well despite Dave Roberts.  He over manages the game.  Removing Tyler Anderson when he was absolutely dealing was stupid.  He likes to pull starters early to save them.  Guess what?  Now all the Dodgers have till February to rest.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    WOOT!  MotoGP on NBC, right now!  (I can't afford the $165/season the org  wants).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...