Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options

Cashing those lucrative speaking engagement checks!!  I like it, those look amazing.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    Got my Yellow RV all fixed up... Huge dent in the wallet with a new engine, new catalytic converter, windshield and a long list of other fixes... Came to a whopping $28,475!! I almost threw up when the guy called me yesterday. I only paid $65k brand new (I got a ridiculously good deal.) Oh well, guess it’s time to put another 50,000 miles on her and hope I don’t have any more major problems!

I hit like for the pic of that sweet rig and campsite setup - not for the bill you received!  Ouch.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Cashing those lucrative speaking engagement checks!!  I like it, those look amazing.
    I have a big birthday coming up.  These are for a party we're throwing next month.  Should be a blast.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Couldn’t help noticing the second porterhouse. Very kind of you, John. I’ll take mine medium rare. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,024
    edited October 2022
    Options

Couldn’t help noticing the second porterhouse. Very kind of you, John. I’ll take mine medium rare. 
    That was a bit odd on the SRF site the other day.  It wouldn't let you order just one of those, for some reason.  I was like well, OK - twist my arm if you must!  
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,057
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    paqman said:

Pet peeve of mine, please do not store them with the jaws touching.  Leave a small air gap.

Is that really that important with digital calipers? Don't most people zero them out routinely anyway?
    A micrometer tho I would definitely not store with the faces touching but a digital caliper doesn't really "lock" the jaws together.
    Yes, it is important.  You can get localized corrosion on the faces.  The zeroing helps the function, but pitting and stuff on the faces can be a problem.  It is a different failure mode than the micrometers with load on the faces.

I worked in a machine shop for 4 years and have seen verneir calipers with damaged faces.  I do not know of anything built wrong due to the damage because it is easy to inspect the calipers prior to use.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,449
    Options
    Concert tickets. Mothers Day weekend 2023. Ed Sheeran in Houston 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I take it your mother is a big fan!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Dead & Co. final tour tickets for next July. Two dates in Colorado and very last show in SF.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I take it your mother is a big fan!
    Ha! Wife and kids are huge fans. Man is talented for sure. I’ve seen him once about 3-4 years ago 
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    I think I just bought this. 

Did you realty? If so, give us the deets. 
    Purchase contract has been signed by all parties, waiting on the mortgage application to be approved. Spoke with the loan officer yesterday and she said the house is ours. 

Should be completed in early December. 5 bedroom, three bath. 
    Congrats on your new house purchase.  Hope you got a good deal, and perhaps a bonus 52 free Papa Murphy’s pizzas for a year in the contract?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Jackets and trekking poles. The Costco of the recreational world. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @ColtsFan where is the adventure taking you?   I love my Leki poles
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    Options
    We’re heading to the UP of Michigan for some fall time fun. It’s one of our favorite areas. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    We’re heading to the UP of Michigan for some fall time fun. It’s one of our favorite areas. 
    I love the UP!  Sometimes I wish I lived closer.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options

Snellville, GA

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options

I had to scroll back up to see what forum user posted this.  I would of had a lot of money on Nola. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kl8ton said:

I had to scroll back up to see what forum user posted this.  I would of had a lot of money on Nola. 
    Nah, 6000 lb is not enough capacity for Nola
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    That’s funny, he came to mind when I was searching for one. This may be the only tool I have that he doesn’t. Nah, he probably has a couple laying around.
    Snellville, GA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options

i made one of these about 30 years ago,  very handy , use it a couple times a week. is the 6000 # when fully extended or as shown.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @fishlessman definitely not 6k extended. When fully extended to 12’ it has a working limit of about 1400lbs. Very handy tool when headroom is an issue and we can’t remove the backrest on the forklift due to osha being on-site. It would be very simple to make for someone like yourself with the right tools and the proper knowledge. 
    Snellville, GA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,811
    Options
    my truck is only a 6000 pound lift,  my boom is bigger. would not fly with an inspector around.  theres ways around it though, chain the heavy end to the truck and lift the lighter end etc to make due
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    DJI Avata, don't know why, just looked like fun. Conveniently didn't know they were blacklisted by DoD until after it was delivered.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    DJI Avata, don't know why, just looked like fun. Conveniently didn't know they were blacklisted by DoD until after it was delivered.
    Ehh don't worry about it. I've got a dji mini 2 and have flown it all over the country.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Ordering a 23 F150 today. Nauseated at the price 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @ColbyLang I can only imagine what they are going for.  I only have 63k on my 2018 and am trying to keep it as low as I can so I don’t have to buy in this crazy market.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    @ColbyLang I can only imagine what they are going for.  I only have 63k on my 2018 and am trying to keep it as low as I can so I don’t have to buy in this crazy market.  
    Lariat base model 4x4 is up $11,000 over the sticker price of a 2021. Fortunately I’ve got a good trade in and about 150 days till it comes in lol.