Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    @SGH How old were you in that pic. That was taken 37 years ago. I always pictured you as much older, like in your late 80’s 😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited October 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    S@SGH my folks are staying “just that side of Biloxi” as they travel to their new home in South Carolina, where might I tell them to stop and eat at?
    Tell them to try the Half Shell Oyster House. There is one in Biloxi and one in Gulfport. Both are pretty darn good. Right in the middle of them is Felix’s oyster bar (not to be confused with the one in Mobile) and it is also top notch. 
    Actually Felix's is to be confused with the one in Mobile, and the one in New Orleans. Same group owns all 3. I think they have more now.  The Felix's in Gulfport is well reviewed but I like Half Shell best, (particularly the one in Gulfport as it's the original)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Actually Felix's is to be confused with the one in Mobile, and the one in New Orleans. Same group owns all 3. I think they have more now.  The Felix's in Gulfport is well reviewed but I like Half Shell best, (particularly the one in Gulfport as it's the original)
    Brother Grim I was trying to point out to them that there is a Felix’s in Biloxi/Gulfport now so they didn’t drive to Mobile. For years when someone mentioned Felix’s you immediately thought about the one in Mobile because it’s been there so long. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Prepping lecture for Wednesday.  Will be using the Aloha Airlines incident (from 1988) as helpful context to discuss fatigue fracture.

One lecture from you and I’m quite sure all of your attendees will be well-acquainted with the concept of fatigue. 

🙂🙃😉😉
    Haha.  My teaching evals are anonymous and online for anyone who really wants to hunt them down.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    SGH said:
    S@SGH my folks are staying “just that side of Biloxi” as they travel to their new home in South Carolina, where might I tell them to stop and eat at?
    Tell them to try the Half Shell Oyster House. There is one in Biloxi and one in Gulfport. Both are pretty darn good. Right in the middle of them is Felix’s oyster bar (not to be confused with the one in Mobile) and it is also top notch. 
    +1 for Half Shell, we went the last time we were in Biloxi and it definitely hit the spot!

LBGE
    AL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Prepping lecture for Wednesday.  Will be using the Aloha Airlines incident (from 1988) as helpful context to discuss fatigue fracture.

One lecture from you and I’m quite sure all of your attendees will be well-acquainted with the concept of fatigue. 

🙂🙃😉😉
    Haha.  My teaching evals are anonymous and online for anyone who really wants to hunt them down.
    Can I rate your cooks there? A+ for your pots. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

🙂🙃😉😉
    Can I rate your cooks there? A+ for your pots. 
    Those are good!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @johnmitchell - @SGH's age was pegged at 89 yo several years ago on this forum.  He has found and used the fountain of youth! =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Had Birrea tacos this afternoon. I liked the taste but they are a bit greasy for me. I will probably go with fish tacos next time. I think that I have found genuine Mexican because I was the only gringo in the place.
    Birria is greasy.  Some places even serve you a side of the consomé (grease) to dip your tacos in.

It is always great to find a true ethnic food location.
    They did, a bowl of reddish brown liquid grease. I’ll give them another shot with fish tacos though. I just have a medical condition with digesting grease.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    poster said:
    Too soon
    I feel your pain.  Was 85 and cloudy today.  I had to find a jacket.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited October 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother Grim I was trying to point out to them that there is a Felix’s in Biloxi/Gulfport now so they didn’t drive to Mobile. For years when someone mentioned Felix’s you immediately thought about the one in Mobile because it’s been there so long. 
    @SGH Interesting. I've always thought of the one in New Orleans off Bourbon. But you live closer to Moblie, on this side of Biloxi and I live on that side of Biloxi, lol.  

Miss you buddy, we should get together and cook sometime.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Chocolate sorbet,. Spaghetti's, and vallium
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Multiple spaghettis?  You’re an animal!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Legume said:
    Multiple spaghettis?  You’re an animal!
    This damn phone doesn't let me edit. All out with spaghettiOs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,272
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Is this a screenshot from Meta?

• lousubcap
    Options
    Reveling in the fact that baseball has no clock, only the minimum 27 outs per team.  Catch the end of the Astros-Mariners game this PM.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options

Fits my big fat wrist just fine :blush:
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    RIP Angela Lansbury. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Do you like it?

edited October 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Reveling in the fact that baseball has no clock, only the minimum 27 outs per team.  Catch the end of the Astros-Mariners game this PM.  
    I hate the no good for nothin' cheating Astros.  Wanted a Mariner win.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I hate the no good for nothin' cheating Astros.  Wanted a Mariner win.
    I recently attended a Detroit Tigers versus Astros game. I know the organization is only a remnant of the organization that was found to be cheating. Fans in our Detroit tigers stands were still screaming at the top of their lungs that Astros fans are banging trash cans in the outfield.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    paqman said:
    ColtsFan said:

Do you like it?
    So far

• ColtsFan
    Options
    Day full of virtual meetings and webinars. I’m ready for a 😴 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Acn said:
    I just learned that MLB Hall of Famer Randy Johnson studied photojournalism in college and picked it back up after he retired.  He has a great site (and note the logo that references when he killed a bird with a pitch): Randy Johnson Photography – Photography from Hall of Fame Pitcher Randy Johnson (rj51photos.com)
    Very cool.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Acn said:
    I just learned that MLB Hall of Famer Randy Johnson studied photojournalism in college and picked it back up after he retired.  He has a great site (and note the logo that references when he killed a bird with a pitch): Randy Johnson Photography – Photography from Hall of Fame Pitcher Randy Johnson (rj51photos.com)
    That is a career transition that withstood the sands of time and never left him.  Great move to something he truly enjoys and has quite an eye and talent for.  
    Too bad more retired athletes never cultivated a life after fame and fortune under the big lights.    
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Acn said:
    Lol, I just learned that on Reddit earlier today.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    What a day to be alive!  Yesterday, I would have told you a loaf of english muffins was impossible.