Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Botch said:
    Are your Beagles female?  I've read that their urine can kill grass.  

Yep, current pack is all female.  Thing is the same random spot killoffs happened in front and back lot areas that the hounds don't normally access.  What you've read is true for all urine I believe, not sure if Beagle/F is more potent.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • SamIAm2 said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching episode 2 of "PAIK's Spirit" on Netflix, with captions turned on. One of my guilty pleasures lately has become watching Korean TV shows. Didn't know who Paik was but did recognize the actress in this episode from several of the shows I have watched. 
    Have you watched the Korean film Burning?  I’m pretty sure it’s still on Netflix.  One of those movies that will stay with you for a long time.
    @JohnInCarolina  - The 2 hour and 28 minute film? Not found on Netflix but I think I found it on Tubi, Description - "A man agrees to watch an ex-neighbor's cat while she goes on a trip and becomes suspicious of the man she brings back just before her disappearance." Guess it will be a lot longer since Tubi inserts a lot of commercial breaks.
    lol - that’s really not a great description of the movie - a trailer might give you a better idea
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    SGH said:
    Last nights strike. 

Stop teasing us! What brand of overalls are those?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    kl8ton said:
    SGH said:
    Last nights strike. 

Stop teasing us! What brand of overalls are those?
    Those are Liberty. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    SamIAm2 said:
    @JohnInCarolina  - The 2 hour and 28 minute film? Not found on Netflix but I think I found it on Tubi, Description - "A man agrees to watch an ex-neighbor's cat while she goes on a trip and becomes suspicious of the man she brings back just before her disappearance." Guess it will be a lot longer since Tubi inserts a lot of commercial breaks.
    lol - that’s really not a great description of the movie - a trailer might give you a better idea
    @JohnInCarolina - Watched it yesterday. Agree the description is not something to pique anyone's interest. Did not realize that North Korea was still blaring announcements along their southern border. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2022
    @GrateEggspectations - Nice neighbors and veg. Recommend you cook those beets in the IP following https://thisoldgal.com/instant-pot-fresh-whole-beets/ 
    Edit -  After peeling the beets, I like to cut them as shown, put on good butter and a little salt. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    Neighbours just gave us a haul from their parents’ garden. 

Nice. You need about 100 more of those carrots though. I can eat them until they run out of my ears. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    At the Walk for Hope in Raleigh

I had to Google “Walk of Hope”. Good on you brother 👍

Status- Standing by.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2022
    CPFC1905 said:

Arsenal v Liverpool : big, big test for the Reds as a defeat means their tepid start to the campaign will begin to severely dampen aspirations for the top of the tree.  The Gunners seem oblivious to logic and remain top.  Frenetic home win 3-2

Called that to a tee and I am happy for it.  Glad to see that Palace pulled the 3 points for you.  We’ll have to disagree about the outcome of the Brighton game, as my distaste for Sp*rs equals yours for the Seagulls.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    SGH said:
    I thought why not.  

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend 👍
    S@SGH my folks are staying “just that side of Biloxi” as they travel to their new home in South Carolina, where might I tell them to stop and eat at?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    @SGH , smoked fish dip is one of my very favorites.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    S@SGH my folks are staying “just that side of Biloxi” as they travel to their new home in South Carolina, where might I tell them to stop and eat at?
    Tell them to try the Half Shell Oyster House. There is one in Biloxi and one in Gulfport. Both are pretty darn good. Right in the middle of them is Felix’s oyster bar (not to be confused with the one in Mobile) and it is also top notch. 

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Had Birrea tacos this afternoon. I liked the taste but they are a bit greasy for me. I will probably go with fish tacos next time. I think that I have found genuine Mexican because I was the only gringo in the place.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Had Birrea tacos this afternoon. I liked the taste but they are a bit greasy for me. I will probably go with fish tacos next time. I think that I have found genuine Mexican because I was the only gringo in the place.
    Birria is greasy.  Some places even serve you a side of the consomé (grease) to dip your tacos in.

It is always great to find a true ethnic food location.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Had Birrea tacos this afternoon. I liked the taste but they are a bit greasy for me. I will probably go with fish tacos next time. I think that I have found genuine Mexican because I was the only gringo in the place.
    Birria is greasy.  Some places even serve you a side of the consomé (grease) to dip your tacos in.

It should be broth. I put mine in the refrigerator then scrape the fat off and fry the tortillas in it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 364

Making wine and moonshine soon!!!!!
  • Prepping lecture for Wednesday.  Will be using the Aloha Airlines incident (from 1988) as helpful context to discuss fatigue fracture.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    SGH said:
    Reminiscing about the glory days. October 10, 1985. Where did the time go my friends? 

No overalls and flip flops…….the glory days. 
  • SGH
    ColbyLang said:
    SGH said:
    Reminiscing about the glory days. October 10, 1985. Where did the time go my friends? 

No overalls and flip flops…….the glory days. 
    I always wear flip flops when snake hunting. It’s just the proper attire for the job 🤪

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:

Looks like it went sideways in a hurry
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022

It should be broth. I put mine in the refrigerator then scrape the fat off and fry the tortillas in it.
    Local joints around here never slow down enough to chill and scrape.  They just laddle it out into a styrofoam cup and serve it with the tacos.

At home, I use a fat seperator.  I will have to try your method of using the fat to dry the tortillas.  That sounds amazing.