Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    Bracing for impact … SWMBO is excited about this 

salmon season closes this weekend on the lake, thats going to make it windy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 4 yard concrete pour tomorrow. Then start “cookshed” build right off patio and deck. 
    You should create a separate thread for this. I love watching builds like this come together!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    FYI…

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Acn said:
    FYI…

dumps out NyQuil brine. . .

This was not mentioned on my briner bucket product - and that was a lot of NyQuil. . . I'm assuming it was no longer safe to consume the NyQuil after chicken was brining in it?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    And I thought peanut oil was expensive.
  • Acn said:
    FYI…

There goes the epic post I had planned for this weekend. 
  • kl8ton
    In a waiting lounge area.  I was thinking that there was quite a bit of profanity coming from the staff as they conversed with eachother about everyday businesses issues....

I then observed this sign. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    In a waiting lounge area.  I was thinking that there was quite a bit of profanity coming from the staff as they conversed with eachother about everyday businesses issues....

I then observed this sign. 

Also, over hear should be one word and afterall should be two. I'm going to keep my mouth shut. It's probably bait and they'll swear at me if I say something.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Get here if you are in/near New Orleans. 

Gumbo and shrimp n grits. No oysters this time. 

Looks every bit as good as I expected after reading the accounts of @lousubcap
  • My guess is, if he’s preaching about something, it’s worth listening to. 
    Snellville, GA

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    5 hours into upgrading applications on our physical access server and camera mgmt server. Fun times
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Someone used my billing address to mail $70 worth of packages via ups to a doctors office/rehab in winston salem. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Someone used my billing address to mail $70 worth of packages via ups to a doctors office/rehab in winston salem. 
    That seems like it should be filed under the "what has someone else done to you right now" thread.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Yeah a couple of days ago it seems that I ordered $69.95 from Door Dash in California. The only problem was that me and my debit card were over 2000 miles away and I have never used Door Dash. Several hours cancelling and replacing the card.
  • Yeah a couple of days ago it seems that I ordered $69.95 from Door Dash in California. The only problem was that me and my debit card were over 2000 miles away and I have never used Door Dash. Several hours cancelling and replacing the card.
    Wow.   How do you think they swiped your card number in the first place?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Yeah a couple of days ago it seems that I ordered $69.95 from Door Dash in California. The only problem was that me and my debit card were over 2000 miles away and I have never used Door Dash. Several hours cancelling and replacing the card.
    I got a Door Dash Order placed in New Jersey( I am in Ca)  last week, fraud alert text me, text back Y, had my card shut down within minutes.....they say food apps are the worst for this ...received the new card , the door dash charge never made it through 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
    I got nothing.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Enjoying the first day of Fall. This is so much nicer than those hot summer temps. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• kl8ton
    SGH said:
    Enjoying the first day of Fall. This is so much nicer than those hot summer temps. 

Same here @SGH - except you need to flip flop the 9 and the 5.  I'm still in shirts and short sleeves.  Overnight low of 39 tonight.  Wohooo!  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Scheduled a flu shot and new COVID booster for this afternoon.  My first two sticks were Moderna, first booster J&J, and today I get a Pfizer.
    Collect the whole set!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lkapigian said:
    Yeah a couple of days ago it seems that I ordered $69.95 from Door Dash in California. The only problem was that me and my debit card were over 2000 miles away and I have never used Door Dash. Several hours cancelling and replacing the card.
    I got a Door Dash Order placed in New Jersey( I am in Ca)  last week, fraud alert text me, text back Y, had my card shut down within minutes.....they say food apps are the worst for this ...received the new card , the door dash charge never made it through 
    It was on a Sunday night. I texted that it was fraud immediately but then they wanted me to talk to a person. That meant an hour on holding.
    The next day the bank in my town directed me to the next town as their computer was down. I drove to where I remembered the bank in the town but it was now a car wash. Consulted Siri and headed towards the far end of town. Road construction. Had to go another mile and hang a uey. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    kl8ton said:
    Same here @SGH - except you need to flip flop the 9 and the 5.  I'm still in shirts and short sleeves.  Overnight low of 39 tonight.  Wohooo!  
    I hear you brother. Luckily it just warmed up 1 degree. I was about to break out the insulated overalls 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    It is pretty common to have your card information swiped from gas pumps, card readers at stores, ATM’s etc… The information gets used by the thief or sold online. 
    Las Vegas, NV

It is pretty common to have your card information swiped from gas pumps, card readers at stores, ATM’s etc… The information gets used by the thief or sold online. 
    I know they get swiped all the time, but I wasn't aware they were typically sold online.  Of course that makes sense.   
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Being madder than hell at my local appliance store. Buy a $5000 BlueStar fridge, bastards delivered it to my garage. Exact opposite side of the house. We can’t move it again and we can’t bring it inside. Mad doesn’t describe my feelings right now

• Big day 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I know they get swiped all the time, but I wasn't aware they were typically sold online.  Of course that makes sense.   
    Yeah, people will but the skimmers in the gas pumps for a few days and retrieve them and will sell the whole batch online… it is insane the lengths people go to to steal stuff nowadays. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    @alaskanassasin - hope you can extend the time between this big day and their one bad day.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    lkapigian said:
    It was on a Sunday night. I texted that it was fraud immediately but then they wanted me to talk to a person. That meant an hour on holding.
    The next day the bank in my town directed me to the next town as their computer was down. I drove to where I remembered the bank in the town but it was now a car wash. Consulted Siri and headed towards the far end of town. Road construction. Had to go another mile and hang a uey. 
    I would change banks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.