Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    you going to blow in some insulation? @nolaegghead
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Removing some saguaro limbs from the sidewalk.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options

How does that happen? Too much rain make them heavy?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Usually age and bacterial infection.  Bugs burrow holes and infections set in.  Young healthy saguaros will encapsulate the infected flesh, which then dies and makes a hole, which birds can use for nests.  Older saguaros just lose vigir and eventually the bacterial over loads their system and they die very slowly.

Excess water and to little water also weakens them and makes them more susceptible.  This one is probably 150-200 years old and is, unfortunately, nearing the end of its life.

The first picture is a wound that swelled and burst.  The black tar like substance is infected sludge.  The grey spot is dying flesh.

The second picture is an area on an arm that was successfully encapsulated, probably 50 years ago. Local artisans will collect those encapsulated bird nests for art and decorations.  Once the flesh rots away you have a cool natural feature left over.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

This photo should be in Frank’s crosscut thread. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Is that an anus tree?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Options

Usually age and bacterial infection.  Bugs burrow holes and infections set in.  Young healthy saguaros will encapsulate the infected flesh, which then dies and makes a hole, which birds can use for nests.  Older saguaros just lose vigir and eventually the bacterial over loads their system and they die very slowly.

Excess water and to little water also weakens them and makes them more susceptible.  This one is probably 150-200 years old and is, unfortunately, nearing the end of its life.

The first picture is a wound that swelled and burst.  The black tar like substance is infected sludge.  The grey spot is dying flesh.

The second picture is an area on an arm that was successfully encapsulated, probably 50 years ago. Local artisans will collect those encapsulated bird nests for art and decorations.  Once the flesh rots away you have a cool natural feature left over.

That’s interesting. We drive through Arizona often, I love seeing the cacti. We are planning another trip to Sedona soon. Hopefully my truck doesn’t break down again. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Got a jury duty summons, now to figure out what t-shirt to order to wear to court that day. In this county  a Bernie 2024 will probably do the job.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Options
    Got a jury duty summons, now to figure out what t-shirt to order to wear to court that day. In this county  a Bernie 2024 will probably do the job.
    I find jury duty interesting, unfortunately I will probably never serve on one. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Getting gas at Circle K for $2.99.
    Per Litre?
    Per Gallon.  They have a promotion today from 4pm to 7pm.  $0.40 off per gallon.  I happen to be driving by when my fuel light went on.
    That’s just good plannin 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I find jury duty interesting, unfortunately I will probably never serve on one. 
    I have tried numerous times to serve.  Unfortunately, I have never been chosen.  Was part of voir dire for a murder trial.  Unfortunately, was first one dismissed.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I have been called 4 or 5 times. I only had to serve one time. It was the case the death of a sheriffs deputy. No death penalty was on the table at the request of his catholic family. He ended up with a life sentence, no parole.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:

Is that an anus tree?
    It is a poke-u-tree, definitely not to be confused with an anus tree.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Putting together a mower lift. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

That's what I'm talking about.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @WeberWho - Livin the high life right there.  Great teaser plate.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Took in some acts last night and the night before. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

This thing is the HotShot - available at Costco.  Basically their answer to the SoloStove.   Very happy with this thing.  Burns clean as advertised and throws some good heat.  Very easy to get started.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Re-watching the fight between the Tampa Bay Bucs and the Saints. Fournette starts it, Evans joins in all behind defending Giselle’s husband. Amazing how fast 100 people end up on the football field
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Just got banned for a week on the Colts forum. Lol. 
    Whadya do?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    edited September 2022
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Just got banned for a week on the Colts forum. Lol. 
    Whadya do?
    Seems my incessant #firefrank postings rubbed the mods the wrong way. Didn’t even get a warning. Commies 

this probably has something to do with it. That’s the Colts owner

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!