Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Lookin sweet right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Not bad for a first timer. Pleased with the outcome but definitely not switching careers to full time brisketeer yet. Flavor is great, tenderness is great, didn’t get that flop over the knife thing.  Cooked a lot faster due to being smaller than the reference recipe.  Had a couple of frustrating turns during slicing but that stuff was headed to sandwichville anyway.   

As long as you and the others enjoyed it, you nailed it.  Contrary to Allen Iverson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI  regarding practice, it really is "all about practice" but you are opening at an extremely high level.  Great cook and results right there.  Way to nail the virgin cook!
    Time to go again-four week wet age a Costco prime and fire it up.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    As long as you and the others enjoyed it, you nailed it.  Contrary to Allen Iverson regarding practice, it really is "all about practice" but you are opening at an extremely high level.  Great cook and results right there.  Way to nail the virgin cook!
    Time to go again-four week wet age a Costco prime and fire it up.   B)
    Thanks Cap!  You are a pro in a world of amateurs. Always appreciate your insights. 
  • My favorite cook on the Blackstone. I would eat that for breakfast right now. 

If you want something different I do a chicken version. 

Chicken breast 
    Onions
    Provolone cheese (I add pepperjack also)
    Cajun Seasoning

Serve on a roll with mayo lettuce tomato. 

You can add or take away what you want. This is the generic mix I use. 
  • Some dynamite cooks here, ladies and gents!
  •  Catfish stew with cauliflower rice tonight. Not bad.

That looks great. Can tell the sauce is flavourful, just by the look of it. 
  • lousubcap
    My take- Chef-ing is cheffing so I consider this the anchor to the great cheffing that is readily apparent here.  That said, if your cheffing also serves as an enhancer to another thread then that is a bonus.   
    The more cheffing exposure the better.  FWIW-
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
     Catfish stew with cauliflower rice tonight. Not bad.

That looks so damn good. Could you share the deets on the catfish stew?

Have been meaning to try cauli rice. Seems like it would pair well with the stew. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:

Have been meaning to try cauli rice. Seems like it would pair well with the stew. 
    Sure it would be an honor for a polished chef like yourself! 

Getting back on low carb regimen. 

Followed this recipe mostly. Did not have liquid aminos. Used kitchen bouquet and Worcestershire in its place for flavor and color.  

Added Cajun seasoning for some more salt and heat. 

Rice the cauliflower by hand with a cheese grater and used butter s and p, turmeric and paprika for color. 
  • caliking
    edited August 2022
    caliking said:

Followed this recipe mostly. Did not have liquid aminos. Used kitchen bouquet and Worcestershire in its place for flavor and color.  

Rice the cauliflower by hand with a cheese grater and used butter s and p, turmeric and paprika for color. 
    Thanks for the recipe.  Its gonna need moar garlic though :wink:

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    caliking said:

That looks great, true soul food there.  Bookmarked for use on cool Fall day.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • caliking
    edited August 2022
    Pulled pork last weekend for a grandbaby's birthday get together. New toy FB500's first overnighter went well; problem is I still woke up few times, to check FB instead of egg  :)

Leftover, with sour dough bread, ran out of buns.

This pic is beeeaaauuutiful :) Happy birthday to the little one!

Edit: I wonder how long it will be before the grandbabies start asking "Grampa... why do you ALWAYS take pictures of your food??"

• caliking said:
    Pulled pork last weekend for a grandbaby's birthday get together. New toy FB500's first overnighter went well; problem is I still woke up few times, to check FB instead of egg  :)

Edit: I wonder how long it will be before the grandbabies start asking "Grampa... why do you ALWAYS take pictures of your food??"
    My kids ask me that routinely. And I never have a very good answer. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    @caliking haha, I cheated with ‘Light flare’ special effect on my ancient Samsung  :)
    canuckland
  • caliking said:

My kids ask me that routinely. And I never have a very good answer. 
    I tell my daughter you like taking pics of butterflies and flowers right? 
    Daughter: yeh.
    me: well I like taking pics of my food. 

Lol still sounds creepy when you write it out