Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Threaded barrel for my Glock model 20. She’s back from the shop getting the slide milled for the optic……
    Which group you going to for a suppressor?   Also, how do you like your Holosun and what MOA is it?
    Already have a ghost 45, will use it on this gun. Holosun 509T-RD. It’s a 2 MOA site
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Picked up this project a couple of weeks ago. Rewired the power cord now it needs a thermostat and a new bulb.

Very cool, Inkbird for the win if you can't find the parts your are looking for.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Picked up this project a couple of weeks ago. Rewired the power cord now it needs a thermostat and a new bulb.
    That is awesome!  Will say I was a little disappointed though, thought that was Old English, not Liquid Death.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options

1/2 of this guy but scored two briskets 
    He looks tasty
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @alaskanassasin - you got a deal given the whole cow only has two briskets and I'm no math wizard but 2x1/2=1.  The other half recipient got the short end of the brisket stick.  Better to be lucky than good.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @alaskanassasin - you got a deal given the whole cow only has two briskets and I'm no math wizard but 2x1/2=1.  The other half recipient got the short end of the brisket stick.  Better to be lucky than good.  

My neighbor Bill raises the beef and for some reason beyond me he does not like BBQ, and he really doesn't like brisket so he always gives me his.  Typically they start out about 2.5" and work down to 1" and are probably 7lbs (always tasty though). This steer has awesome briskets, I weighed one and it was 14lb. I made a note to the butcher to take it easy on trimming, but it looks meatier all the way around.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    edited August 2022
    Options

@lousubcap it must be the way they trimmed it? VS last years 

The first photo is from last years heifer and the bottom two are this years steer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Secondary gun/ battle belt

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The thinner one must just be the flat, not sure where the point is..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:

My neighbor Bill raises the beef and for some reason beyond me he does not like BBQ, and he really doesn't like brisket so he always gives me his.  Typically they start out about 2.5" and work down to 1" and are probably 7lbs (always tasty though). This steer has awesome briskets, I weighed one and it was 14lb. I made a note to the butcher to take it easy on trimming, but it looks meatier all the way around.
    If he does not like BBQ, maybe he buy all the beef ribs too.  123a for the win!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Textbooks were a ridiculous racket when I was in college and they’re even more so now when SWMBO Jr is in high school.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Jethro Bodine would approve of this sciphering 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Acn said:
    Textbooks were a ridiculous racket when I was in college and they’re even more so now when SWMBO Jr is in high school.
    Ayup.  My ex-GF has written several texts on Nursing Assisting for Lippincott, she was hired to write the first one about a month after we started dating; a fascinating process to be able to watch from start to finish (I just checked Amazoid, it's now in its 5th Ed!)
    When it came time to publish, she had some real arguments with Lippincott; they wanted to publish it in hardcover, while she kept saying that most of her students were recently-divorced Moms who couldn't afford a hardcover, and fought to keep it paperback (she eventually won, and that's still how it's published).  
    Air Force tech data is now published strictly via electronic means (automatic updates, low publishing costs) but publishers still need to make their money. Another business model that has been overcome by technology.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt - that is going big right there.  With 6x16's I am confident there is substantial spacing in the cook/enjoyment category or you can send me an invite to help with the consumption.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Botch said:
    Acn said:
    Ayup.  My ex-GF has written several texts on Nursing Assisting for Lippincott, she was hired to write the first one about a month after we started dating; a fascinating process to be able to watch from start to finish (I just checked Amazoid, it's now in its 5th Ed!)
    When it came time to publish, she had some real arguments with Lippincott; they wanted to publish it in hardcover, while she kept saying that most of her students were recently-divorced Moms who couldn't afford a hardcover, and fought to keep it paperback (she eventually won, and that's still how it's published).  
    Air Force tech data is now published strictly via electronic means (automatic updates, low publishing costs) but publishers still need to make their money. Another business model that has been overcome by technology.  
    My favorite experience with this was a Prof who published his book (required for his course, of course) as a soft cover book. Cheaper yes, but with perforated test pages to be torn from the book and turned in for grading. Two things about that, the book could not be resold so he got new sales every term and any copy of the test page was automatically graded at less than 75%. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @alaskanassasin It's funny you say that I already bought The ink Bird. Still going to see if I can find the other. Just got to take it apart to see which one I need as soon as I get a chance.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Botch
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Botch said:
    Acn said:
    My favorite experience with this was a Prof who published his book (required for his course, of course) as a soft cover book. Cheaper yes, but with perforated test pages to be torn from the book and turned in for grading. Two things about that, the book could not be resold so he got new sales every term and any copy of the test page was automatically graded at less than 75%. 
    I was a bit of an activist when I was in college, and I'd've been hollering about that quite a bit.  
    So I'm assuming the tests were "open-book"?  

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @Botch - Yes open book. I was an older student (Vet) then and I told him exactly what I thought of his little scam. There were rules instituted later, after I graduated, that limited this practice unless it was agreed by publishers that the book was the best example available for such a course. Didn't stop the department head, this particular professor, insisting other professors teaching the subject use his textbook at that college. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Dress shirts from Brooks Brothers.  Time to replenish the closet.  Will be taking a bunch of old shirts to Goodwill this morning.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Dress shirts from Brooks Brothers.  Time to replenish the closet.  Will be taking a bunch of old shirts to Goodwill this morning.  
    We donate to Sally Ann or Value Village, the former is more legit but it’s out of our way. Goodwill here went ‘under’ few years ago, allegedly due to mismanagement, interesting given it’s zero inventory cost operation.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I buy my shirts from Goodwill, I must stop in at the Duram outlets😉
    I bought some amazing white sporty/dress pants and suit coat for an 80s party.  Somehow the pants got mixed in with my wife's dry cleaning.  The drycleaning cost more than the pants and coat.
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    Options
    I’m thinking about doing a half Ironman next summer and have been looking at road bikes and triathlon bikes but whoo boy are they pretty expensive.  I’ve been looking at Facebook marketplace and Craigslist for used ones, but so far nothing.  Anyone here know of a good place to buy a decent road bike?
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Jcl5150 said:
    I’m thinking about doing a half Ironman next summer and have been looking at road bikes and triathlon bikes but whoo boy are they pretty expensive.  I’ve been looking at Facebook marketplace and Craigslist for used ones, but so far nothing.  Anyone here know of a good place to buy a decent road bike?
    Try JensonUSA.    They put all kinds of bikes on sale there all the time.  

I used to do triathlons, raced both road and mtn bikes for 30yrs.   

Good luck and enjoy
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Jcl5150 said:
    I’m thinking about doing a half Ironman next summer and have been looking at road bikes and triathlon bikes but whoo boy are they pretty expensive. 
    My cousin who lives out of state had his bike wheels shipped to my parents house for an Ironman event. Just the wheels alone were over 3K. Insane. This was many years ago. I believe they were made out of carbon fiber. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Options
    Amazoid must have a new warehouse close by.  
    I normally drop things in my "Basket", that are odd and I can't find locally (weird tools, spices, sweats with a 38" inseam, bizarre music, etc) and then buy a bunch when the basket gets full, to minimize shipping containers; although I normally get a basket of 7 sent in 5 different packages.  At least I try.
    Anyhoo, this morning I looked at my Basket, and it said 6 of the 7 items would be delivered today if I ordered within the next hour or so!  I hit "Buy Now", and sure enough they arrived about an hour ago!  
    How do they do that?