Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• @Wolfpack

The meal is incredible. The meal combined with the libations and entertainment is bliss. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    @Canugghead

And here I am letting my squash flowers wilt up and die, like a sucker! 😐

Swmbo has been looking up squash flower recipes. Pick in the morning after using them to pollinate, before they close up with bees inside!
    No fun without the bees. You’re missing out on both the protein and the crunch!
    Haha, and honey ingredients too.

Used for omelet, less work and taste great

canuckland
  • Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Steak salad with a walnut/apple vinaigrette 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 350
    Wolfpack said:
    Wife and daughters are enjoying a girls weekend in NYC. My son is spending the night out with some friends.  So, what’s better than a martini, steak and a nice Cab in front of the TV watching a little James Bond. Nice relaxing evening- too bad it’s not Friday. 

An evening of greatness is what this is made of
  • BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 253
    Botch said:
    Stir-fried Shrimp with Pepper and Momofuku noodles (chile/soy):

I didn't add any seasoning to this other than the packet that came with the noodles.  Nice heat and I could taste soy, but not much else (needed some garlic, at least).  No taste/texture difference between this and my usual Ronzoni "Homestyle" fettucini, which come four bundles to a box, each bundle perfect for one serving.  I'll try them as a soup only, but not while its triple-digits outside.  
    Botch said:

I didn't add any seasoning to this other than the packet that came with the noodles.  Nice heat and I could taste soy, but not much else (needed some garlic, at least).  No taste/texture difference between this and my usual Ronzoni "Homestyle" fettucini, which come four bundles to a box, each bundle perfect for one serving.  I'll try them as a soup only, but not while its triple-digits outside.  
    Botch said:

Man those plates bring back memories of my youth. That pattern. I had totally forgotten until your pic!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @JohnInCarolina - great presentation right there.  But, and you know this is coming...where is the $$ shot.  "Every picture tells a story."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • update

Most excellent.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - great presentation right there.  But, and you know this is coming...where is the $$ shot.  "Every picture tells a story."
    Not sure I have a standard one for you there, Frank.  Tough to get when you’re serving folks.  This is the best I can do:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Story completed and confirms nailing the cook.  I could pound those ribs-never mind the elegant plating. 
    That KBQ does a great job with also setting the proverbial ring.  Thanks for the follow-up.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    BigGreenKev said:
    Man those plates bring back memories of my youth. That pattern. I had totally forgotten until your pic!
    I hear that.  A lot.   ;)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Botch said:

Botch said:

Botch said:

My mother in law still uses those on occasion when we go over to their house for dinner

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Canugghead
    shtgunal3 said:

Venison inner loin pieces on the mini Traeger.
    Custom fit or generic Grillgrate panels? With or without the drip pan? Love it.
    canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    shtgunal3 said:

Venison inner loin pieces on the mini Traeger.
    Custom fit or generic Grillgrate panels? With or without the drip pan? Love it.
    These are the grill grates that I bought to go on my new Smokin Bros pellet grill. They fit better on the Ranger. No drip pan.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - is a mid week banquet.  Dang-
  • Canugghead
    edited August 2022
    @Canugghead

And here I am letting my squash flowers wilt up and die, like a sucker! 😐

At first I thought 6.99 a lb, it's 30g! That's $105/lb you've been wasting 😉

canuckland