Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    dmchicago said:
    lousubcap said:
    MBS has some kid of power- Thursday, regular unleaded reformulated gas around here was 4.59.99/gal.  This AM (Sat) it was $4.29.99/gal and this PM 4.25.99/gal.  Dang!
    I wonder what we could get for Tucker?
    Likely spark a bidding war with Vlad the Impaler.  😁
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    lousubcap said:
    MBS has some kid of power- Thursday, regular unleaded reformulated gas around here was 4.59.99/gal.  This AM (Sat) it was $4.29.99/gal and this PM 4.25.99/gal.  Dang!
    Fistbumps For The Win!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    Fistbumps For The Win!  
    Not a high point for Biden, to say the least.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Well, it's not like he saluted a North Korean Army general.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    first native corn of the season at one of the stands.   $7.99 a doz   wow
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    $3.80’s for reg and $4.50’s for premium in Austin.  Diesel looks like it’s mostly $4.70’s to $4.80’s
  • fishlessman
    4.80 reg, 5.60 premium, 6 bucks diesel here in ma on the nh border. only good thing is there is no boat traffic
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina

Quite a bit more expensive than it is around here.  I bought at $4.11 the other day.

AAA says the national average is $4.35, down from $4.90 a month ago and its peak of over $5 in mid-June.  
  • fishlessman

Quite a bit more expensive than it is around here.  I bought at $4.11 the other day.

AAA says the national average is $4.35, down from $4.90 a month ago and its peak of over $5 in mid-June.  

stopped dropping several weeks ago, must be the increased costs to truck it  up here
    fukahwee maine

• Botch

stopped dropping several weeks ago, must be the increased costs to truck it  up here
    The costs for trucking should be dropping pretty much in lockstep with the fuel's cost, methinks.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    We’ll have to see. I saw a video that said one of Russia’s major oil facilities was on fire. But I couldn’t verify it so I didn’t mention it earlier. 

What had to be considered is that Europe needs to fill their petroleum and natural gas tanks for the coming winter. That has to come from somewhere.
  • fishlessman
    Botch said:

The costs for trucking should be dropping pretty much in lockstep with the fuel's cost, methinks.  

its not just deisel costs that have increased with trucking, you cant hire drivers up here. no idea how much a new truck costs up here to pull fuel.  people are starting to hire car buyers just to find cars for residential use, this is a strange concept for me
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Not the perfect thread for this, but close enough. 
    It's curious that John Oliver can clarify certain things for me better than normal reading, and I'm glad his weekly show appears on EweTube (I don't get HBO).  NSFW or if you have kids in the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBo4GViDxzc

• fishlessman

The same today,wtf.  5.79 adds up fast in a rover even babying it at 19 a gallon which is a beetch to do

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina

The same today,wtf.  5.79 adds up fast in a rover even babying it at 19 a gallon which is a beetch to do

You bought a luxury SUV and you’re putting premium gas into it during the middle of a peak in gas prices.

In life, you have choices.  Sometimes you make the wrong ones.
  • lousubcap
    I get 30 mpg on the work horse car (regular) and happy when I get 15 mpg (up today from 14.7 last fill-up with premium) in the fun ride.  
    Of course I generally drive the naturally aspired V-8 engine in the fun ride around 60-80 miles a week,
    Comes with the "every day is Saturday" lifestyle.  But the entertainment value of those miles at speed is worth it for me.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Cap'n, you've probably mentioned them before, but I can't remember; what's your Fun Ride, and your Work Horse?  

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Cap'n, you've probably mentioned them before, but I can't remember; what's your Fun Ride, and your Work Horse?  
    The Fun Ride rhymes with Screamer.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I got 3.4 miles per kilowatt hour yesterday. Electricity is about 12cents a kWh. 
  • fishlessman
    I got 3.4 miles per kilowatt hour yesterday. Electricity is about 12cents a kWh. 
    We just jumped from 11 cents to a little over 17 cents per kWh in ma.  Maine took an 83 percent jump in january so expecting another increase there
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman

You bought a luxury SUV and you’re putting premium gas into it during the middle of a peak in gas prices.

In life, you have choices.  Sometimes you make the wrong ones.
    My big ford gets 6 so....
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Well-Regular reformulated unleaded dropped to $3.99.9/gallon around here.  Seeing $3.79.9 outside the reformluated gas metro area.  
  • WildmanWilson
    WildmanWilson Posts: 482
    edited August 2022
    It’s amazing what a good recession can do to help drop gas prices. 
  • $2.95 gal at several stations in McPherson Kansas today.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    <$3/gal!?! - that's probably Joe Biden's fault too amiright?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Dropped 20 cents here yesterday
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Below $4 here in several spots

• fishlessman
    Below $4 here in several spots

Bp is our most expensive station here. Didn't catch yesterday's prices but a few weeks ago the good stuff was 6.19
    fukahwee maine