Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options

Finally got these installed. Inspection is Thursday and meter swap is Friday! Happy man here!
    Saw this solar installation today and thought of yours.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    I may just blow them into the woods. We usually haul them off site with the dump trailer.  The past few years has been rough for leaf collection.  Snow has been falling while half the trees still have their leaves!  

i believe those rolling blowers will even blow snow
    Yes they will.  There is a guy down the street.  He may be crazy.  He will be out in a snow storm with a blower, keeping it off the driveway.  Also, if he misses out on keeping driveway clear, He will be out with a flame thrower device melting and chiseling the ice until it is spotless.  Last year he did something to his lawn.  I can't remember what. Mixed his fertilizer too strong or something.  Entire lawn died.  Crew was out there the next week stripping out the lawn and sodding it.
    Has he said anything about your bass boat?? Seems like the type..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @alaskanassasin

No.  We are on a main road.  HOAs are everywhere around us.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options

Finally got these installed. Inspection is Thursday and meter swap is Friday! Happy man here!
    How long will it take to break even on the system?  Or was there a special program that covered the cost?

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @saluki2007
    now that is wonderful!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Just reloaded the freezer with a half cow. Came out to $3.49/pd all said and done. It’s a black angus and the farmer said whenever he has sent one out to be graded it’s come back high level prime. The last one I got from him was excellent and believe the grading. 

Cheaper than I paid for 1/4 of one. I was closer to $5/#. So much better than store beef
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Agree Colby.   One of the reasons why I am helping my ranching guys protect their heads—they sell to me when they cull.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Just reloaded the freezer with a half cow. Came out to $3.49/pd all said and done. It’s a black angus and the farmer said whenever he has sent one out to be graded it’s come back high level prime. The last one I got from him was excellent and believe the grading. 

Cheaper than I paid for 1/4 of one. I was closer to $5/#. So much better than store beef
    Yeah, the 1/4 cow I got was $5.88 a lb earlier this year. I weighed the packages and included the gas for the 3 hr round trip to/from the processor. I thought that was good 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    ColbyLang said:

Yeah, the 1/4 cow I got was $5.88 a lb earlier this year. I weighed the packages and included the gas for the 3 hr round trip to/from the processor. I thought that was good 
    When I find good beef, I say here take all my money and don't look back.  You all seem like engineers with spreadsheets and stuff.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnfromKentucky
    Options
    QDude said:
    How long will it take to break even on the system?  Or was there a special program that covered the cost?

about 12-13 years right now
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Might want to stock up on beef in this hot spell.  I got some rib eyes today and vacuum sealed!  They won’t get cheaper anytime soon!
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    ColbyLang said:

The farm is about 25 miles from where I live the the processing facility is about 15 miles away. Guess it’s one of the few good things about living in the Midwest. Farmers can grow their livestock and farm their own food. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Might want to stock up on beef in this hot spell.  I got some rib eyes today and vacuum sealed!  They won’t get cheaper anytime soon!
    It’s almost as though there’s a real cost to climate change.
  • RyanStl
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    ColbyLang said:

When I find good beef, I say here take all my money and don't look back.  You all seem like engineers with spreadsheets and stuff.

End qoute:

Check and check. Correct with both assumptions.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Yep, 
    • woolly mammoths
    • woolly rhinoceros
    • giant deer (Irish elk)
    • cave bears
    • cave lions
    • spotted hyenas
     All agree climate change has a real cost.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    Options
    Yep, 
    • woolly mammoths
    • woolly rhinoceros
    • giant deer (Irish elk)
    • cave bears
    • cave lions
    • spotted hyenas
    Doesn't pay to be wooly or giant 
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Yep, 
    • woolly mammoths
    • woolly rhinoceros
    • giant deer (Irish elk)
    • cave bears
    • cave lions
    • spotted hyenas
    I guess you’re one of those people who thinks the current changes are all natural and there’s nothing that can be done about it.
  • RyanStl
    Options
    Please, not in this thread. Start a new one
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Agree 100%.  Start new thread in Off Topic. Trolls have no business posting in the main forum. 
    Post your crap in Off Topic. Don’t $hit on someone’s topic and get it sunk!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Just pointing out the obvious same as you. Moving along 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    Just pointing out the obvious same as you. Moving along 
    Had to get one parting shot in though huh?
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    QDude said:

about 12-13 years right now
    That's not too bad.  I have considered a system, but our electric bill is less than $75 per month and would not justify a solar system right now.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    AHHHHHH

Trying to find PoE Switches - Unmanaged.  5 port and an 8 port.  I bought new managed switches and they are wreaking havoc on my guest WiFi network.  No way to turn management off!  Talked with tech support for an hour.  59 minutes of information gathering and then NO - Can't be done.  Everything with enough power is backordered for a month.  Hope to be posting soon with my purchase.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    Thanks to all who weighed in on the Costco Adirondack chairs I had been asking about. Got them ordered and quickly set up today. Also put together a climbing structure for the kids. 

I’ll echo @GrateEggspectations on the Costco Adirondack chairs. Appears like pretty good quality for the money. Wifey is happy which means I am as well. Lol

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Picked up a set of garden soil sift screens for 3 loonies at Amazon returns reseller, why not, right @rrp ?

canuckland
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Motor for my Road Runner. 

Niiiiicccceeee! Insert beep beep noise here 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    saw something a few weeks back, the original beep beep horn for the roadrunner was from a forktruck
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Motor for my Road Runner. 

Details on the Road Runner and the engine if you would.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA