Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thread Graveyard

Options
Seems like we could use a thread to talk about threads that have been nuked.  

Don’t ask me what happens if this thread gets nuked.  A graveyard thread, confronted with itself, cannot stand.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Seems like the powers work under the cover of darkness. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We’ll just have to create a new thread to track nuked graveyard threads.  Problem will be avoiding the recursive quantum entanglement that has a slight chance of creating a rouge black hole that could envelope reality as we know it. 
    Options
    We’ll just have to create a new thread to track nuked graveyard threads.  Problem will be avoiding the recursive quantum entanglement that has a slight chance of creating a rouge black hole that could envelope reality as we know it. 
    How do you know we aren’t already inside of that?
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    How do you know we aren’t already inside of that?
    I doubt, therefore....
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    How can a hole be both rouge and black?  (apart from two weeks or so of decay)?  
    Ew.  I need to go to bed.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Back in black?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    How can a hole be both rouge and black?  (apart from two weeks or so of decay)?  
    Ew.  I need to go to bed.  
    I meant rogue
    Options
    Whenever my post-count drops significantly, I know something controversial was buffaloed and god killed a kitten.
    Options
    Some forums do have a graveyard where culled posts go. If anyone can be bothered, they can look through it all.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Some forums do have a graveyard where culled posts go. If anyone can be bothered, they can look through it all.
    People think @nolaegghead and I are friends, but we've been having a bare-knuckled, drop-down, drag-out fight in one of the sunken threads from about six years ago.  Of course I am winning.  
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    People think @nolaegghead and I are friends, but we've been having a bare-knuckled, drop-down, drag-out fight in one of the sunken threads from about six years ago.  Of course I am winning.  
    Clearly. JiC never loses.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I let him win because he will throw a tantrum if he loses.
    Temper tantrum GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
    My Day As A Working Mom In GIFs  Temper tantrums Gif Childhood movies
    Tantrums GIFs  Tenor

Even Duke professors lose it sometimes.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I let him win because he will throw a tantrum if he loses.
    Temper tantrum GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER
    My Day As A Working Mom In GIFs  Temper tantrums Gif Childhood movies
    Tantrums GIFs  Tenor

The truth is that you are scared of me.  And possibly brainwashed.  Admit it.  
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yes master...whatever your wishes are master....troll idiots?  We did that yesterday master.....duuuurrrrrpppp
    Options
    RIp eotw thread. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac needs to post that sh!t over here. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    RIp eotw thread. 
    It’s the end of the world as we know it, and that’s me in the corner, losing my religion…
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Wow the Buff has a quick trigger finger tonight.
  • Botch
    Options
    Ayup, the "lap around the sun" or whatever the thread was called vanished when I tried to post my most insightful thoughts (think it was responding to a thought "what if putin just got killed?"):

lindsey graham suggested just that, and in a very oddly bipartisan manner, was roundly criticized.  
    Yet (for once) he was 100% accurate.  

The "line of succession", is actually a very good question; the former KGB is now two branches, Internal Security and World Security (similar to our FBI and CIA), and there's also the military; no idea what is (or even if there is) a line of succession.   

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Funny-no white space issues here!
    Edit: I suggested a Julius Caesar solution several days ago in the OT news feed thread.  Discounted.  But given the proximity of the Ides of March...?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I can’t imagine that was a terribly helpful thing to just tweet out right now.
  • Botch
    Options

John, I have to ask: why not?  I don't see any other real path out of this.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:

John, I have to ask: why not?  I don't see any other real path out of this.  
    Generally speaking, we try to avoid sitting US Senators calling for a head of state to be assassinated at any time, never mind in the middle of a conflict.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Totally missed the so called eotw thread.
    Also lap around the sun one.
    Meanwhile, stumbled upon this gem
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1229647/oh-boy-has-jic-been-banned-again
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Totally missed the so called eotw thread.
    Also lap around the sun one.
    Meanwhile, stumbled upon this gem
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1229647/oh-boy-has-jic-been-banned-again

It is really incredible just how many times in my life I’ve been called a loser.  I might almost start to believe it if I wasn’t happily married with kids, live in a beautiful home, or hold a prominent position at one of the world’s best academic institutions…
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I’m sure Kanye would have said this exact thing 2 months ago.  Funny how things can change so quickly nowadays.  Overconfidence is quickly shattered, especially for those that think they are “bulletproof”, and smarter than everyone else.  Humility will always triumph!  Always treat others how you want to be treated, and above all else, try to be nice and don’t talk down to other members on the forum.  You don’t have to convince us peons that you are smart with your theoretical and applied mechanics degree. And successful. 
    You have stated those facts plenty of times in your thousands of posts! 

• dmchicago
    Options
    That is not how I pictured John. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Do people that perpetually (to the extent they repeat themselves often) brag about their jobs, the money they make on the stock market, buying a new car for the wife faster than the warranty expires, how they have special access to government agencies (wow, like 007!) their new expensive golf clubs, how they reload so good that the SWAT team buys it, how they controlled a super big budget at work to buy vehicles and stuff, and etc etc ad nauseam… so…that’s not what I’d call humble.  What happens to them?
    Options

Humility will always triumph!  Always treat others how you want to be treated, and above all else, try to be nice and don’t talk down to other members on the forum.  
    You’re the guy who called me a Communist, asked me if I was “smoking dope”, and posted this, right?