Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

oh, boy…has JIC been banned again?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
I just tried to reach out to John and it looks like he has been put into a time out corner again. I sure hope this is temporary!  John and I made our peace MANY years ago!  We still have our political beliefs which are 180 degrees apart but MY vote for POTUS still cancels HIS vote! 
Peace, brother John In Carolina, wherever you may be!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He’s still here. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    He’s still here. 
    No, he's here.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    You can make your profile private @RRP. He may have done that
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Its a glitch. Click on his name and it is a broken link but you can still reply to his posts etc. 
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ron- he is not banned, although he should be.  He and Nola made their profile “private”, so you can’t get to it. See attached screenshot.  They are “playing games” with the forum. They both know how to play the system & @The_Buffalo. Johns troll accounts have been posting trash on my wall, so I also made my profile “private”.  Got tired of the notifications to my phone when they posted trash and pictures in the middle of the night.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ahhh. 

The sun is down. 

The bottle is out. 

And, so are Plenty of Members. 

Play on! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    Options
    I agree with all you said! It really baffles me why the “Buffalo” continued to let faceless, weenies hide but still register their disagrees! 

I mean, come on, faceless weenie..,grow some goads and tell me/us why YOU disagree! 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    @botch screwed up photos for everyone.
    The ability to enlarge photos was restored at least a couple of months ago.  I decided not to point it out until now.  FYAA.  
    There was only one other member who posted photos that took my system a long time to download.  I haven't seen an issue in either case for a long time.  If one guy starts posting more inane quantities of photos of an aerated petroleum product, and everyone else piles on and quotes those posts over and over, I'll take the hint and move on.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Just messing around @Botch I did not mean to offend. I had a slow connection too and was glad when they reduced the picture sizes. It used to take a minute for a picture heavy thread to load.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Options
    caliking said:
    It’s funny how they try to make this place friendlier. Their approach is backwards thinking. 

Maybe they will get along better if they can’t see who tagged them as trolls, disable that option. 

Make it so they can’t flag at all, don’t want to cause division.

Take away the “agree” or “disagree”.

Create private profiles to stop infighting. 

None of this would have happened if I could still see who Flagged me!

Just a observation of the bbq forum social experiment 
    Its been interesting to note, how Plenty of Members grew a third testicle after the abovementioned changes were implemented. 

It gives me hope, that other retired forum folks have demonstrated that one doesn't have to turn into a drunk, spiteful, arse when its time for the gold watch. 
    Doc…not sure, if you directed any of toward me, but,  as 77 year old retired person who first joined the original BGE forum 22 years as @RRP I have never had any other aliases. If I get sh*t faced then I try never to post on this or any other forum. 
    Goodnight to all…
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Ron- he is not banned, although he should be.  He and Nola made their profile “private”, so you can’t get to it. See attached screenshot.  They are “playing games” with the forum. They both know how to play the system & @The_Buffalo. Johns troll accounts have been posting trash on my wall, so I also made my profile “private”.  Got tired of the notifications to my phone when they posted trash and pictures in the middle of the night.

Yours is blocked too, dickhead.  Just give it a rest, you’re not good at this.
  • littlerascal56
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Legume said:

Are you having problems reading…legume?  Read my post again…slowly…and you will see that I stated my profile was now “private”.  This is not rocket science.  Does John tell you when to eat…sleep…poop?  Don’t be a “sheeple”. Think for yourself.  Don’t drink his Koolaid!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    RRP said:
    caliking said:
    It’s funny how they try to make this place friendlier. Their approach is backwards thinking. 

Maybe they will get along better if they can’t see who tagged them as trolls, disable that option. 

Its been interesting to note, how Plenty of Members grew a third testicle after the abovementioned changes were implemented. 

It gives me hope, that other retired forum folks have demonstrated that one doesn't have to turn into a drunk, spiteful, arse when its time for the gold watch. 
    Doc…not sure, if you directed any of toward me, but,  as 77 year old retired person who first joined the original BGE forum 22 years as @RRP I have never had any other aliases. If I get sh*t faced then I try never to post on this or any other forum. 
    Goodnight to all…
    No, sir,  not directed at you. All (occasional) ribbing aside, I consider you to be one of the finer folks here. As do many. 
    100%
  • Legume
    Options
    Legume said:

Are you having problems reading…legume?  Read my post again…slowly…and you will see that I stated my profile was now “private”.  This is not rocket science.  Does John tell you when to eat…sleep…poop?  Don’t be a “sheeple”. Think for yourself.  Don’t drink his Koolaid!
    I did read it.  You’re just a clown that has trouble deciding what to blame on John and what to blame on Biden.  Just fade away man.  Read the room.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Understand…Your worship of John and Joe B.  Both are controlling forces for non-thinkers. Much easier to be a “follower” than a leader.  Just be careful where you step with those blinders on! 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Understand…Your worship of John and Joe B.  Both are controlling forces for non-thinkers. Much easier to be a “follower” than a leader.  Just be careful where you step with those blinders on! 
    The irony here is killing me!

https://youtu.be/LVx8gCAF3D8?t=448

Options

*We* were the ones posting trash in the middle of the night?  Are you sure?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options

Haha.  I think your profile was actually the first one that I noticed was private.  It’s a curious option, as I don’t think *anyone* here was asking for it.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:
    I just tried to reach out to John and it looks like he has been put into a time out corner again. I sure hope this is temporary!  John and I made our peace MANY years ago!  We still have our political beliefs which are 180 degrees apart but MY vote for POTUS still cancels HIS vote! 
    Peace, brother John In Carolina, wherever you may be!
    Ron, thank you for the kind words. And as you’ve no doubt come to appreciate by now, I remain active.  My head is bloodied, but unbowed.

The real indicator of someone actually being banned is given by their forum picture.  It changes to one with a line through it.  So if in the future there’s ever any question, just find a thread where they’ve posted before and look for their picture.  Here is an example of what that looks like when a user is actually banned:

• alaskanassasin
    Options

Haha.  I think your profile was actually the first one that I noticed was private.  It’s a curious option, as I don’t think *anyone* here was asking for it.  

I like it, keeps the trolls from digging through you sheet.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

I like it, keeps the trolls from digging through you sheet.
    Yep, I agree. Keeps the aholes out too!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I just figured @JohnInCarolina went into hiding along with Wes.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We have not seen Wes Johnson in some time, have we?  At some point I thought I knew who was behind that account, but now I'm not so sure.  
  • Legume
    Options
    We have not seen Wes Johnson in some time, have we?  At some point I thought I knew who was behind that account, but now I'm not so sure.  
    I’ve always kind of secretly hoped it was Ron’s account.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    caliking said:

I didn't turn into one when I retired. Ask anyone I worked with. They will tell you I already was one....
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Still here.  It’s the damnedest thing.